What's new

OOC Thread

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: OOC Thread

Standard Wealth for 3rd level, being 2,700gp worth of money and items.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Link works now, I forgot to put the h in http.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Just a request, can people please specify which book a feat is from next to it. Just makes my job that little bit easier.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Please note ladies and gentlemen, the list of languages in the world setting thread. They replace the normal languages available in DnD. There is no common, because the concept is fundamentally unrealistic and stupid :p Most people speak Crisonan, but not everyone.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

because the concept is fundamentally unrealistic and stupid :p
The concept that there is a language used around the globe for the express purpose of being able to communicate with people who speak a different language than you do amangst themselves? A trade language, you might call it?

*looks at English, which is the generally accepted trade language on the planet Earth*

Yeah. Unrealistic and stupid, definitely :)

That being said, I fully agree with and support your decision, because it makes much sense in your setting.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

The concept that there is a language used around the globe for the express purpose of being able to communicate with people who speak a different language than you do amangst themselves? A trade language, you might call it?

*looks at English, which is the generally accepted trade language on the planet Earth*

Yeah. Unrealistic and stupid, definitely :)
I was more referring to how everyone can automatically speak it without ever expend any effort to learn it, and the only races who don't get it free are not meant to be player races. A trade language makes perfect sense, and most people use Crisonan in this setting for that. But that doesn't mean that all people speak Crisonan by default.

EDIT: But then, I hate how DnD does languages. All Elves from all over the world, regardless of different, speak one language? I think not. The only languages I do globally are "Draconic", "Celestial", "Infernal" and "Spirit". There is a good reason Abyssal is not there, it doesn't exist. I'll do an info dump on the planes and such soon.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I agree entirely, they did it wrong. Every race should have their racial language +1 bonus language automatically, and have Common as a bonus language, so they don't have to have it if they don't want to. Also, I don't mind Abyssal so much, its a bastardized Infernal that the demons use for the sole purpose of pissing the devils off. In the usual setting anyway, otherwise I'd have a problem with it.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

... Also, I don't mind Abyssal so much, its a bastardized Infernal that the demons use for the sole purpose of pissing the devils off...
Just curious, where are descriptions of the language given? I had always thought that the only reason demons use the infernal alphabet is because they are to chaotic to think up something that ordered on their own.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I believe I found that little tidbit of insight in the Feindish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss, though I could be mistaken. I remember almost everything I've read, just not necessarily where I've read it :)

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

So...

First question, has anyone finished their character sheet?

Second question, is anyone waiting on me for anything?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I think I'm mostly ready. Character's about half built, will either PM you a question or two or I'll find you on the chat when I get home :)

Lurker
Reputation score

I think I have a functional character, but there's no story or anything attached yet.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

The main hub of getting your jobs has been posted up. I'll be putting up some of the major stores soonish as well. If anyone wants to visit somewhere there isn't a thread for already, just lemme know and I'll see what I can do.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Not to ask a dumb question: but why is the matriarchal leadership calling themselves a men's club? Also, are we already in a guild or do we need to form one? (And have we even met yet?)