What's new

OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
This is an idea that's been bouncing around in my head for awhile now. Essentially a PBP RP set in a fantasy world. More specifically a castle besieged by an enemy army (more than likely made up of the standard "evil races" like Orcs and Goblins and such). Players can make characters living within the castle, and be of such races like Humans, Elves, Dwarves, etc.

They can be soldiers, or civilians. There will be very limited magic.

There will be no rolls or stats or anything to determine battles. I'm trusting in players to simply not go overboard with how amazing their characters are. The way the plot will develop will be based on player's actions. Everything will have a consequence.

All details will be put forth if there is enough interest in such an RP, and I will ask Nunu for a dedicated board should such a thing occur.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score
Re: Siege RP

Interest shown!

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Awesome!

The big thing about the setting though is that the GM is not always needed. Which is good considering work can drag me away whenever it feels like. Things can happen between players at any moment, and the enemy is always about, taking pot shots at the walls with crossbows and such.

What I as the GM would mostly do is initiate attacks by the enemy, play the Lord of the castle, and have other random occurrences... well occur.

Oh yes, and sex will be allowed in the game.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

By your previous post I am hoping the GM will still control all enemies, major events, and how successful the player is at anything that requires more skill that an elementary student might have as opposed to the players being able to do such things?

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed. The GM will control all enemies (unless a player is indeed cutting one open or some such), major occurances and the like.

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

what about drow elves?

if i can't be a drow can i be at least half drow?

interested anyways

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Drow are supposed to be evil. Unfortunately, given how much people play them, there are probably more whiny, misunderstood, good drow than the badass, evil drow.

Also, it isn't 'drow elves', Drow is another name for Dark Elves. That's like calling someone from Japan a Asian Japanese or calling someone from the UK a European British person.

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

Drow are supposed to be evil. Unfortunately, given how much people play them, there are probably more whiny, misunderstood, good drow than the badass, evil drow.

Also, it isn't 'drow elves', Drow is another name for Dark Elves. That's like calling someone from Japan a Asian Japanese or calling someone from the UK a European British person.
pretty sure drizzt do'urden is a all around badass lawful good dark elf. i knew that by the way I was just being a sleep deprived mind. time for bed

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well. Because I love Drow too damn much for my own good, I'll probably include them.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

In. I has a rather funny necromancer char (A teen Viera that's kinda like a rebelious teen) that could be useful here XD and besides, can't have too many meatshields in the way of the enemy.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed. Like I said earlier though, I'm putting some limits on magic. Necromancy will be allowed, and all the details will be put up soon enough. I'm soon to ask Nunu for a board as there seems to be quite the interest.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

If you're going to allow drow, don't allow any drow character's to dual wield. Practically every drow character I have ever seen has been a drizzt rip-off. If you let characters be drow, it would be nice if you didn't let them do that.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmm... Would there be room for a battle hungry Dwarf? Never played a Dwarf before in any RP I've been in, and I'm lookin' to expand my horizons.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

There is indeed Dwarves.

And is it really a Drizzt rip-off if every single Drow fighter from Drizzt's city trained in duel wielding long weapons? Actually, the entire Drow race in forgotten realms duel wielded two long weapons.

However, I will not be allowing duel-wielding long weapons. Only short ones.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Any room for a certain "mad scientist" (well, not so much the scientist) necromancer elf? This has managed to perk my interest.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

There is indeed Dwarves.

And is it really a Drizzt rip-off if every single Drow fighter from Drizzt's city trained in duel wielding long weapons? Actually, the entire Drow race in forgotten realms duel wielded two long weapons.

However, I will not be allowing duel-wielding long weapons. Only short ones.
Did every drow in the city dual wield long weapons while forsaking their natural evil tendencies to fight on the side of good?

Could you at least make it to where, if a race has a natural alignment, either every member of that race has that alignment, or no member of any race has to follow their racial alignment. (So if the Drow are an evil race, either all Drow must be evil, or people are allowed to have orc, goblin, and troll characters as well.)

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Howzabout this? The drow (or whatever rare race you wish to use) aren't a native of the area, but are merchants/messengers/spies/what-have-you, that were passing through when the siege came down. They don't necessarily support whatever the local lord does, but they're definitely not allied with the invaders. Who'd rape/loot/pillage/burn a castle of theirs just as readily as they're trying to do to this one.

Therefore, yer drow aren't necessarily normally "good". Just the exigencies of the situation require them to act in a "good" manner for the time being.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

My main problem is I actually had a campaign where three of the characters were actually quite similar to a certain three here:

I have grown to like characters to do one of two things: follow their racial stereotypes, or be border line insane.

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

how about this there is drows in the army that is sieging. and i make my character a half drow half reg. elf and my character will hate the drow for raping my mother elf.

Status
Not open for further replies.