What's new

Orchrios - Shipping District

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Comprised almost entirely of warehouses, the Shipping District is the single most uniform district of Orchios when it comes to architecture. The few non-warehouse buildings are cheap apartment blocks for area workers who don't feel like messing with a more-lengthy commute.

Greyspinner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Orchrios - Shipping District

He was absolutely focused on the task at hand. Will Hadley's eyes narrowed as he analyzed the target, and nothing, not the low rumble and steady vibrations of his idling cargo hauler, not the murmur of voices in the background, and certainly not the thermos of cheap coffee tucked next to his leg, would be able to distract him.

Six legs...or eight? He wondered, watching the bug crawl across the warehouse window. God, he hated slow mornings. No early delivery meant not much for him to do beyond routine maintenance - and, of course, a little amateur bug-watching. Okay, he decided, New question. Native or imported?

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After a while, a request for a delivery comes in. Strangely, it bears a request for Will, by name, to be the one to deliver it. The request itself, besides that, seems routine enough. Supplies for a "Club 47" in part of the Entertainment District. The company's database would have some information about the business, a relatively new restaurant/club. Unfortunately, due to it being a recent start-up, while the address is listed, there's not a good set of directions.

Greyspinner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Will shrugged as his boss relayed the order. Delivery usually wasn't part of his job, but what the hell. "You sure you need me to do this?" he asked, smirking. "I've got this little wildlife special going; we're only about half an hour in but I think we're going to kill in the ratings. Still need to work on a title - March of the Arthropods, maybe?"

The truck keys bounced off of his face.

Lamenting the lack of workplace humor, Will set off through the streets of Pathos, trying his best not to jostle the cargo. He wasn't entirely sure why they wanted him in particular, but he was looking forward to finding out. Eventually. Once he worked out which way he was supposed to go. "Entertainment District, yeah." He muttered. "Real specific there, database. Screw it, I'm taking a right. Hope they're not in a hurry." Doing his best to follow the vague directions, he turned off into the outskirts of the Entertainment District...

Armacalic

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Morning, the bane of any human in the planet, and of course, the only incentive Vargas needed to rise and shine, going through the motions to the beginning of a normal and uninteresting life, like always. Long gone were the days where he punched punks for a living, and short he was on income and food, but none of that bothered the seasoned worker, who went about moving out of his apartment with a smile in his face.

New day, new work, he thought as he walked, whatever the new job may’ve been the man was certain he would find some kind of enjoyment out of it, he always did. He would have gone done some morning exercise, but morning was demanded of him, and he didn’t have any trouble with it.