What's new

Overquest - What if the good guys had already lost?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
So! I had an idea I want to try out roleplaying, with a darker fantasy tone to it, albeit possibly broken up with a humorous touch here and there.

That idea is I guess hard to guess from the title, so let me clarify: What if the evil demonic overlord of corrupted perversion had already won, being actually.. not stupid or making a crucial mistake and rather than trying to be heroes, the players are rebels, perhaps even the heroes that were ment to stop the overlord but got trapped in stasis.

I'd use D&D.. because I made the best experience with it, mid to highish level, preferably not too many evil pcs to play on the whole 'Can't fight the commoners even if they try to involve you in a naughty orgy for your old enemies praise' angle. *nodnod*

I imagine a darker setting with a totalitarian fantasy rulership where the commoners are indoctrinated to be obediant and sexually depraved, with none of the shorter lived races even remembering that not being right and normal.

I'm imagining a bit of an over the top evil world a la Overlord Bob

To keep the whole 'evil has one and you are now the enemy, kinda' light hearted. ^^

post if interested.s

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score
Re: Overquest - What if the good guys had already lost?

I'm interested. Imagine still no tanninim... Might run something else by you that might be fun for possible consequences if this gets off the ground.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Potential interest shown.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm interested. Imagine still no tanninim... Might run something else by you that might be fun for possible consequences if this gets off the ground.
Hmk. I'd prefer nothing too edgy.

Zilrax

Reputation score

I'm not thinking edgy. I was looking at this more actually.

They sorta link up everyone with their ideals. What happens if something messes with them though, does it mess with everyone connected in turn?

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not thinking edgy. I was looking at this more actually.

They sorta link up everyone with their ideals. What happens if something messes with them though, does it mess with everyone connected in turn?
I don't think you should you an overzealous character in an erotic roleplay. Looking at Lorelai in our other game I recommend you do something a lot more mellow.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Well I'm not intending to play it specifically that way. I can play more than one character personality after all. I was thinking more battle leader than pure zealot. Chaotic more than lawful. But I can just do that with Bard if need be, but there's no connection for things to spread from then.

Not that Lorelai is a zealot either, but she has her ideals. They just don't line up the best with LE. She leans closer to LG, but well as shown she can have a cruel streak when temperamental and makes hard choices that keeps her in the LN area.

Not sure how you get a mellow person who's seeking to save/change the world, mind you. Seems like the sort of thing that favors people with drive and conviction. But either way, Bard. Or Skald. Just tried to avoid it cus I play those a lot. I'll make it interesting for myself somehow though.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Just to confirm, this would be pathfinder as well?

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Darker Fantasy? Characters are part of the evil pcs or are they the 'good' pcs?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

The rebels against the regime, as stated in the first post.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The rebels against the regime, as stated in the first post.
Ah. Wasn't absolutely sure. Didn't want to assume so asked for clarification. A bit interested.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Suppose I could take another crack at D&D/pathfinder again. Especially in a setting I've wanted to try for a while

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Right, sorry for the huge delay folks, I had to sort out some things and work on me game.
Anywhoo I'm hearing a lot of 'maybes' and little 'yeah lets do it'. Something not tickling everyones fancy with the setup?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I needed a bit of time to assess my willingness and consider potential characters I could create for the game. Consider my interest changed from "tentative" to "confirmed".

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Right, sorry for the huge delay folks, I had to sort out some things and work on me game.
Anywhoo I'm hearing a lot of 'maybes' and little 'yeah lets do it'. Something not tickling everyones fancy with the setup?
Well, it would be easier to give a straight answer if you included more details. I assume it's going to be PbP? And you've sort of implied Pathfinder with how you replied to Zilrax, but you haven't outright stated what system will be used other than "D&D" which can refer to about 12 different editions* not even counting Pathfinder. And that's not even going into fiddly bits like how much lewdness to expect, character creation setup(or at least whether it's going to be low, mid or high level game), etc.

*it's complicated, but there are something like 5 versions of basic D&D alone

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pathfinder pbp, yes.
Lotsa lewdness and I assumed mid to high level was implied by the way its written.

Anyway, I got 1 clear confirm, I'd like three moar. *nodnods*

*it's complicated, but there are something like 5 versions of basic D&D alone
No there isn't, theres just two, unless you count reprints with minor changes as an edition on its own, but then you'd have to count the dragon magazine too and suddenly theres hundreds of editions so..*shrugs*. Theres a total of 6 proper editions, 7 counting pathfinder. OD&D, AD&D, 2nd, 3rd, 3.5, and 5.0

Zilrax

Reputation score

I said interested, unless that clear confirm is me?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

No there isn't, theres just two, unless you count reprints with minor changes as an edition on its own, but then you'd have to count the dragon magazine too and suddenly theres hundreds of editions so..*shrugs*. Theres a total of 6 proper editions, 7 counting pathfinder. OD&D, AD&D, 2nd, 3rd, 3.5, and 5.0
Though it puts me at risk of being That Little Shit, I'd still count 4th Ed as well. Mind you, I am not saying it was necessarily a good thing, nor am I saying it was a bad thing. But I'd still count it.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

"interested" in read it

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

If you want to count it that way, then 3.x would be a single edition.