What's new

ADV [Aggra] 異世界勇者 / Paraworld heroes

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Preview images!:

Engine/gameplay: Parallel heroes is an SRPG, using the standard arrow control scheme, pitting your units on the overworld maps against the enemies corruptive forces in strategical turn-based combat. You take turns moving your units on the overworld to challenge the enemies
If you lose too often or lose a critical unit, your girls will be corrupted and fight against you , so be careful!
Controls:
Either Mouse or keyboard, click on the characters to move and select options to attack, right click confirms, left click cancels.
Enter or Y to confirm and call the menu
X or right click to skip through text or cancel

Story synopsis:
Living a peaceful life in their little village, Helena and Eric are suddenly confronted by their former teacher Maria. She is currently on a journey to find her former students and lead them to the capital, where they will become new heroes of their world.

While they are on their journey to find the other students of Maria. They will soon meet the evil monsters of Lilith, the queen of the demon realm that is always more than happy to search and enslave cute girls for her own army.

They will have to defend themselves from Lilith's servants. Whenever they fall, Maria will bring them back to life, but also give them one of her special lessons, until they too will become servants of their new master.

In future arcs, our heroes will journey into different worlds that have often somekind of connection an Anime, Game, Movie... There is a little scene at the end of the current content that will give you a little hint about what it might be...

Fetishstuff: Corruption, Mind control and more corruption. A decent amount of Yuri, Tentacles and similiar themes.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Everyone is thumbs-up stalking me.. :p

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Biiig update! It's now translated for the english-speaking public:

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Can you speak more toward what the game is? It looks like it was made with the Fire Emblem-inspired game maker. Are there female heroes only? What kinds of H content? Is there any h content during battles? Anything unique about the battle system to set it apart from other games? What about CGs? The art assets look like the ones that come from the premade packs, which isn't necessarily bad (they worked for Katra Dungeon/Wandering Girl Rei), but it's a fact that can make people cautious.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Can you speak more toward what the game is? It looks like it was made with the Fire Emblem-inspired game maker. Are there female heroes only? What kinds of H content? Is there any h content during battles? Anything unique about the battle system to set it apart from other games? What about CGs? The art assets look like the ones that come from the premade packs, which isn't necessarily bad (they worked for Katra Dungeon/Wandering Girl Rei), but it's a fact that can make people cautious.
Yep it was made with that game maker, basically a mixture of strategy and roleplay like elements.
The H-Content focuses on mind control and corruptive themes. I can't answer the H-Content during fight question definitively, because some people define sprite-sex as H-content, while for others only full picture CG's of full nudity qualify.
While female heroes are the majority male heroes are quite possible in the minority, this is a game in progress after all. As for uniqueness of the battle system.. eh, there are no new ideas in games. Honestly, I think innovation is overestimated, compared to simply having solidly executed code and content.
The art comes from premade packs but we've got custom additions and variations planned... as soon as we catch another good artist.

Last edited:

qinlongfei

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Played first two stages of the game. I do realize this is a WIP and not a finished product sold on DLsite so I should adjust my expectation. That being said, the current build is at best... okay.

First, the good part. I like how this game make all the weapons (aside from staff) have unlimited use. Which is honestly one of the most tedious thing about Fire Emblem franchise. The only weapon degrading system in the entire FE franchise I played that I like (take into consideration I only played the old Super Famicon entries and the GBA ones) was from FE4 Genealogy of Holy War, where a weapon can be repaired and depends on how many enemy you kill it add a critics bonus after 50. So I really like this game simplified that aspect of FE style SRPG. The 'super' move each character has is also a neat idea, but very poorly explained right now.

I also like the current resurrect/corrupt system, and I think it's a good system if more effort is put into develop it. Because it reward a player who is good at strategy to get the good ending, but also give a bad strategy player a consolation prize in getting some character stats buff but leads to the bad ending. All it really need is for you guys to grab a good artist and add some actual CG into the scenes.

That out of the way... the game at current stage is neither a satisfying SRPG with complex system/challenge (or a more relaxing almost sandbox like experience like RJ172648 - Witch Knights Saga), or H game. For the 18+ content side it's fairly self-explanatory I think, the lack of CG, or just some nude portray on the female characters when they get defeated really hurt it. Text based scene can only do so much when you are making a SRPG studio game, and not a flat out text adventure game. And the text scene itself is nothing to write home about compared to pure text based games like Lilith's Throne or DiCK.

On the pure SRPG side... it's kind of a mess in first 2 stages. The enemy AI is incredibly basic where they simply sit on their asses till a character moves into their range, at which point all enemies within range simply bum rush the character. And the fixed seed generation makes the game annoying to play rather than challenging. I do remember FE4 Genealogy of Holy War also use fixed seed generation, but that was back in the 90s and this game lacks the sense of scale FE4 uniquely had in the entire FE family, plus FE4's enemy had better enemy AI. It feels like the fix seed generation was used to artificially increase the difficulties because the AI is lacking so the player can't just reload a save to get a better result, but all it does is make a very annoying to play game instead of a challenging game because depends on how lucky one gets the fixed seed they can literally be screwed with no way out of a combat encounter. Granted, I only played 2 stages but this game pretty much already lost me behind the fridge.

Definitely not a bad first effort for a SRPG attempt, unfortunately, pretty much all the SRPGs with H-Content on DLsite is superior to current iteration.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Definitely not a bad first effort for a SRPG attempt, unfortunately, pretty much all the SRPGs with H-Content on DLsite is superior to current iteration.
You mean, the commercial projects, that cost money, are currently superior to a free game project that's begun creation not a month ago?
Not overly suprised. That said, I've directed the feedback to the games main developer, see if it helps. ^^

qinlongfei

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I know I'm overly harsh on my critics since people has consistently told me I'm a blunt asshole, but my thought on this project is: maybe have it in incubation a bit longer before releasing it? At least till there's some actual CGs in the scenes (Even if they are made with 3D custom girls like Harem Collector started till it managed to scoop a 2D artist) so there's at least something to look forward to. At current stage the game looks kind of bad on the developer and doesn't inspire me to donate on the project. Granted, I'm a typical Chinese that's stingy with my money so other people might feel differently. But I also really love 18+ SRPGs (since there's more actual tactical use for all the extra characters, and I just like SRPG more than traditional JRPG) so in theory I would want to donate to this project if I'm confident in the developer's ability.

To go a bit in depth with why it lost me after only two stages. Right now the team composition at the beginning feels flat out wrong. When at the beginning there's more healer than front line fighters, it feels more like something out of a traditional JRPG like Dragon Quest than a SRPG like Fire Emblem which is why the current fixed seed generation feels so annoying compare to FE4 where there's enough front line fighters to shift through a combat encounter with fixed seed. My current suggestion is to make Maria into a Marcus like character from FE6 and 7 where she has a high level promoted class. Maybe a lv10+ sage with an attack spell instead of a lv1 mage with only a heal staff. This would add a bit more strategy layer to the start of the game where a player can to choose if they want to use Maria (who is obviously telegraphed to have something sinister going on and will betray the main characters) as a crutch for difficult combat encounter in exchange for the needed experience for Helena and Erik (and would lead to later death/resurrection/corrupt path). I'd also suggest changing the first character who join the party to be changed into a front line fighter like a knight, or a fighter instead of another mage (who has no attack spell so is essentially another healer). The story explains the party need a healer, except that role is already filled by Erik so it doesn't really make sense.

Doesn't mean I demand the developer to do exactly I suggested. Just some suggestions by a guy who play a number of SRPG to think about.

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Well, I wouldn't put it so crass, but if you cushion your critique in caution many people would be more inclined to listen *chuckles*. I believe many people misunderstand the work going even into such a small project. And be not mistaken, some things one person critiques, another praises just as loudly. That said, Especially because you've played lots of games, it is interesting feedback.

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I like the gameplay, not the best AI but it's good enough.

Having said that I will give all the feedback I can give:

-First of all gonna talk about forbidden book:

*Between the two games I think this one has the best storyline (just comparing), I think that the queen wannabe is quite more interesting than the overall.
*Horrible gameplay balance. Having my frontline dead because of 2 attacks in the same turn isn't right. I recommend reducing enemies attack at the very least. Another good thing would be having a better stat increase when levelling up, I think that hp especially for tanks/frontline needs an increase of at least 5 hp per level (2-3 for ranged characters being 2 for mages and 3 for archers), the rest of the stats would be an increase of 1-3 depending on the character, people would need to play it to see if it's okay.
*Quite a few parts of the game are untranslated, it isn't anything big because battle actions are translated and the conversations too so it isn't a big deal.
*It feels linear, I just can't rescue anyone in the game, which makes me feel like everything I do is useless. I like that the girls can be brainwashed but it feels like the game is made to be defeated.
*The pace is too fast, after you escape with the teleport from the princess it is just weird that the main enemy comes to the village where you appear to brainwash normal girls, it just feels like a bad plot planification, the normal thing that should happen would be something like "rescue the village girls", if you fail the enemy is reinforced, if you achieve it you will obtain more help for example.
*On the map where the main enemy brainwashes the princess she just mass brainwash my units when advancing in the map, it makes it unwinnable.

Basically it feels like it could be a great game but with heavy balance issues.

-Now let's talk about Parallel heroes:

*The storyline feels worse than forbidden book, in fact the mechanic of brainwashing is a bit boring, in the sense that having to lose multiple times isn't what I would like to do.
*Much better game balance, the game is playable and the enemies can be defeated, I would give a higher increase on stats when levelling up but the initial balance is good.
*Battle menus are untranslated, this just feels weird because in forbidden book it was translated.

Well I can't say as much as with forbidden book because of a few bugs and things like that, overall I like much more the balance of the gameplay and that I don't start with so many units, but on storyline and things like that it feels a bit worse at the very least.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Anyway, I'ma rely responses from the games designer:, for Qin:
thanks for the critic, being harsh can ve good in my opinion, if it is relied in a good way
the ideas and thoughts you gave me will make me think about the whole game surely
some of the things mentioned where already on my mind(3d custom girl, too many mages/healers...)

For Dawn:
thanks for you reply always appreciate good or bad feedback
for the problem of losing, I wonder if you only played the part were the main hero is male, since there you can only lose
the real game begins in the second arc, where he becomes a girl too.

The storyline for the heroes is still much less than the forbidden book, I want to deepen the story much more with the next arc, were you will meet some of the more prominent enemies and not the boss at the top
which should make it more interesting and involving than the current part

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Anyway, I'ma rely responses from the games designer:, for Qin:
thanks for the critic, being harsh can ve good in my opinion, if it is relied in a good way
the ideas and thoughts you gave me will make me think about the whole game surely
some of the things mentioned where already on my mind(3d custom girl, too many mages/healers...)

For Dawn:
thanks for you reply always appreciate good or bad feedback
for the problem of losing, I wonder if you only played the part were the main hero is male, since there you can only lose
the real game begins in the second arc, where he becomes a girl too.

The storyline for the heroes is still much less than the forbidden book, I want to deepen the story much more with the next arc, were you will meet some of the more prominent enemies and not the boss at the top
which should make it more interesting and involving than the current part
Kind of wonder... forbidden book ends when the MC becomes a girl?, because if not the game is a bit bugged (after the talk with the goddess I can't do anything and the background remains).

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Kind of wonder... forbidden book ends when the MC becomes a girl?, because if not the game is a bit bugged (after the talk with the goddess I can't do anything and the background remains).
See the blog for more details on that.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Aaand a big update, part 2 is out, for now in japanese, on the blog! :

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Now with 99% less Nippon:

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Aaand a new update, with corruptive deliciousness, for now in japanese, see the preview image below, and the blog for the gaem:

p.s. respect to whomever is doing the tagging around here, many people get confused and wrongly think I'm developing both The Last Demonhunter and Tales of Ameria /Paraworld Heroes, when we're really just lewd gamewriting buddies.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It was nice that the game is translated in story at least but when i'm trying to fight enemies, stuff like this is still in japanese? It makes fighting way too hard.

Attachments

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
New update up on the blog, now fully english translated and featuring a large, cg'ed corrupion scene for Jeanne, check details out on the blog:

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
aand an upgrade, this time, you can corrupt Martha. Japanese version is online now, English translation for patrons.;

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Gonna wait and see what's the H actually like first, though good to see Martha, she needs more H-love.