What's new

ACT [ピクセル定食 + Libra Heart] キャッスルインザクラウド / Castle in the Cloud (RJ273436)

IAmAKi

Reputation score
RJ273436_img_main.jpg

Hey there everybody, this is the first thread of mine.
Far as I'm aware, nobody on here seems to have noticed this game's been in the works on ci-en, or even that it's just released today for that matter.

This is a 2D metroidvania sidescroller with heavy 8-bit Castlevania inspiration with about 10 levels to it, according to the page. As you progress through levels you'll find bosses and power ups that allow you to get places you weren't able to before. Some backtracking is needed, but not much.

As is Castlevania tradition, there's secrets all over the place, both in the form of walls you can walk through and walls you can destroy. It's fairly difficult and easy to get lost.

You can get better weaponry by returning to town and spending the money you've got, and you can go to the inn to increase your strength, constitution, etc.
As for the H content, there are large animated pixel art scenes available for monsters with hearts flying over their heads, but there's also a few in-game pixel art scenes as well.

Controls:
- Arrow keys = move around.
- Up = walk on stairs and attach to the ceiling when you have the right power up.
- X = Jump + Swim, hold down to descend faster while swimming, hold up to descend slower
- C = Attack, use directional buttons to throw your attacks in different directions.
- V = Brings up the map screen, how much you've explored of it and you can cycle through the other map levels you've seen.
- Down + Jump = drops through passable floors.
- Space = Pauses the game and opens the character menu.

Notable bugs:
- Running from room to room can sometimes cause you to clip into the floor. You can get out of it by returning to town.
- Spikes sometimes take a while to register you're standing on them.
- Sometimes the game sets your character's hp values to 1, and you cannot save your game or exit the level when this happens. Just quit the game to fix it.
- Your hp level will be as normal but if you take a single hit from an enemy it'll drop to 0 and you'll instantly die. Check your status screen before saving, your hp should not be 0. You can save in this bugged state, too.

Also, here's the link to the page

Now if anybody needs me, I'm going to sit in the corner and cry over the loss of my 5 hour save.

Last edited:

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
As for the H content, there are large animated pixel art scenes available for monsters with hearts flying over their heads,
This meme needs to stop. It just makes it so you feel forced to lose to enemies with hearts as soon as you encounter them, while taking any sexual tension out of regular encounters. I have no idea why games keep doing this instead of just making every regular enemy potential assailants

toth1089

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I got to the water level and cant seem to find a way to progess. I returned back to the first two levels and found everything I could, am I missing a simple interaction?

Edit: Also I noticed that most items from monsters and chests... Dissapear? I tried to pick them up but I dont seem to pick them up automatically.

Last edited:
OP
IAmAKi

IAmAKi

Reputation score
I got to the water level and cant seem to find a way to progess. I returned back to the first two levels and found everything I could, am I missing a simple interaction?

Edit: Also I noticed that most items from monsters and chests... Dissapear? I tried to pick them up but I dont seem to pick them up automatically.
Have you fought the boss of that area yet? From the top of my head, all the skills you can find in the water area are the climbing skill, the swimming skill and the water breathing skill.

If you haven't done, go back through the first woodlands area when you have the double jump or climbing skill.
You go through the building you're originally forced out of the level, you can go much further than before. There's a boss fight and everything.

I believe the coin magnet skill is down a pit, but you can't get to it until you have the double jump or climbing skill.
If it's not that one then it's an item on top of a tree you can climb. Sorry if my info's spotty, I've no idea what the moonrunes say. Let me know if you need a screenshot.

Is the game only in japanese or is it also in english?
For now it seems to be in Japanese only. I think it might get other translations in the future.

toth1089

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Have you fought the boss of that area yet? From the top of my head, all the skills you can find in the water area are the climbing skill, the swimming skill and the water breathing skill.

If you haven't done, go back through the first woodlands area when you have the double jump or climbing skill.
You go through the building you're originally forced out of the level, you can go much further than before. There's a boss fight and everything.

I believe the coin magnet skill is down a pit, but you can't get to it until you have the double jump or climbing skill.
If it's not that one then it's an item on top of a tree you can climb. Sorry if my info's spotty, I've no idea what the moonrunes say. Let me know if you need a screenshot.

For now it seems to be in Japanese only. I think it might get other translations in the future.
I Got the coin magnet up in the trees, and I found a sword down in the pit. I havent even found double jump yet! I completed the forest area 100% and the mansion needs double jump to get the last couple of rooms. The water area seems to need some stuff for me to progress, as I cant climb or reach the underwater areas.

OP
IAmAKi

IAmAKi

Reputation score
I Got the coin magnet up in the trees, and I found a sword down in the pit. I havent even found double jump yet! I completed the forest area 100% and the mansion needs double jump to get the last couple of rooms. The water area seems to need some stuff for me to progress, as I cant climb or reach the underwater areas.
In the mansion, there's a door right in front of the first big guillotine you should see. Enter that room, and that's where you'll find double jump.
I missed it too first time around. I'm kinda glad my save bugged because I wouldn't have even found it without going through everything once more.

toth1089

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In the mansion, there's a door right in front of the first big guillotine you should see. Enter that room, and that's where you'll find double jump.
I missed it too first time around. I'm kinda glad my save bugged because I wouldn't have even found it without going through everything once more.
Okay I found the problem. I have this bug where the icons all change to the same thing, but it makes powerups and weapon pickups different items. I fixed it by saving my save file seperately, re-extracting the game, and moving my save back into the file. I need to start over as I have probably missed a few powerups. Thank for the explanation!

rakanvomi

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
Does anyone have a totally legitimate download link?

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score
So...are you all talking about the demo, or the full game? Think the demo ends after the forest boss.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Ahhh...another game from this one guy who made that one game i am unable to delete ever since i've had it

It looks ...as the others
Well, let's keep browsing the forums

adrianmj96

Reputation score
On his twiter pixel-teishoku said that the english version shloud be released within 2 weeks

Where is the climbing skill? I'm stuck in the water zone

scolni

Reputation score
This game doesnt not work correctly for me at all. I cant pickup coin, cant use the menu correctly(i cant select anything other than the first option) and H animations dont play.
Guess ill wait for the english version, hopefully the issues are fixed by then.

Reploid345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Does anyone know how to get into the tree level? I've beaten all the other levels but I can't seem to even get past the first screen on this one.

Edit: You need the axe from the item shop. It's really expensive, so make sure you're saving up your cash for it.

Last edited:

megamike87

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Teh game its bugged with the hp.
No matter what i do, if i get 1 hit if i have full hp i die and then i restart with 0hp.
What to do?

yusher

Reputation score
Is anyone willing to share their save? Somehow I ended up getting my health to overflow so now i'm stuck with 7 max hp. Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
IAmAKi

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Teh game its bugged with the hp.
No matter what i do, if i get 1 hit if i have full hp i die and then i restart with 0hp.
What to do?
Yeah, that's one of the bugs I mentioned. You can either quit and return to the game, or if it's the bug that carries onto saves you're gonna have to do a new game.