What's new

[Complete - Full] [d_067476] Pocket Gal Hunter / ポケットギャルハンター [English Translation]

bazeeeng

Reputation score

ULMF

Anyone still remember this game?
It's been a really long time and still no translation for this one (I could be wrong).
I know that @Sorter, I think, made partial for this, but it's for 1.10 and it seems already long gone. He and a bunch of people also made .

Don't know about this game? Just say it's p*kemon + hentai.
The Version I use is Ver 1.12.
This game's quite big, so I think I'll post Partial first than try to fully translate it.
This is also my first time working with WolfRPG, but so far everything's good.

Progress : Complete

*Please read the note

- Decrypt the game file *anything that has .wolf in the name*.
(you can use arc_conventer, wolf decryptor, DExtract, or anything).
- Move or delete every .wolf data.
- Put the patch to the Game folder.

* This patch can be used along with your old save, BUT it will leave some text untranslated and lead to some other problem.
I recommend to use a brand new save (including the "global save").

Any feedback or suggestion would be appreciated.

I also just started a account, maybe if you want to support me.
Everything will still be released free.

*This game contains Loli, some NTR (avoidable).

Last edited:

Gummiel

Reputation score
Ohh not a game I seems before, but sounds interesting, so deffinatly gonna keep an eye on this

Oir

Reputation score
Haha you gave a hint in your other thread but had no idea what it was. Seems super interesting!
Gonna keep a close eye on it! Thanks for the upcoming translation!

D187Bot

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well besides bug fixes I don't think there's that many changes between version 1.03 and 1.12, AFAIK @Sorter managed to update his TL and include a lot more stuff in it like some items and all skills. If you don't mind the best I could come up with was a link that actually got me to a old version of his 1.03 english TL. Here ya go: this patch still includes the GUI translation and some events/choices in dialogue it seems.

Edit: The website I got it off of actually says 1.10 and the original JP changelog is actually updated to 1.10 as well, I assume then this is just an earlier version of his English TL for 1.10

Edit 2: As well as finding 1.10 link with english patch already downloaded I found this: stemming from THIS POST which seems to have a TL which has more things translated (100% Equips |100% Specials | 80% Moves | 80% Items | 2% Story) all you need to do now is download the 1.10 patch above and apply the patches from the drive link. Be aware this may be an English patch that is older than 1.10 and Sorters TL in general so it may break the game, be sure to do a full backup of the original file I posted so you don't screw yourself over.

Edit 3: Playing with the 1.10 link and the google drive EN patch linked combined for a little under a half a hour now and everything seems to work fine.

Last edited:
OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
Well besides bug fixes I don't think there's that many changes between version 1.03 and 1.12, AFAIK @Sorter managed to update his TL and include a lot more stuff in it like some items and all skills. If you don't mind the best I could come up with was a link that actually got me to a old version of his 1.03 english TL. Here ya go: this patch still includes the GUI translation and some events/choices in dialogue it seems.

Edit: The website I got it off of actually says 1.10 and the original JP changelog is actually updated to 1.10 as well, I assume then this is just an earlier version of his English TL for 1.10

Edit 2: As well as finding 1.10 link with english patch already downloaded I found this: stemming from THIS POST which seems to have a TL which has more things translated (100% Equips |100% Specials | 80% Moves | 80% Items | 2% Story) all you need to do now is download the 1.10 patch above and apply the patches from the drive link. Be aware this may be an English patch that is older than 1.10 and Sorters TL in general so it may break the game, be sure to do a full backup of the original file I posted so you don't screw yourself over.

Edit 3: Playing with the 1.10 link and the google drive EN patch linked combined for a little under a half a hour now and everything seems to work fine.
Woah, that's a lot info.
Thanks, I'll give it a look.
This will make my life become much more easier.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Oh this look like an interesting game. Will have to check it out when the translation is finished. Thanks for taking the time to work on it.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
As someone who played this ages ago, it is 100% worth it. A full translation will be super interesting, and a reason to revisit it.

OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
It's been a while since my last post.
The partial should be up soon. It should translate all the item, skill, most of the battle system, and some story. (I know that I am really slow)

That aside, I found that this game has something about "Online Match".
Is that really a thing? I see it has some kind of script about it, but for Wolf RPG, really?
If you know something about it, please tell me. I'm really confused right now...

D187Bot

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It's been a while since my last post.
The partial should be up soon. It should translate all the item, skill, most of the battle system, and some story. (I know that I am really slow)

That aside, I found that this game has something about "Online Match".
Is that really a thing? I see it has some kind of script about it, but for Wolf RPG, really?
If you know something about it, please tell me. I'm really confused right now...
Hey it's me again. Yes, it's true, there is some kind of online match thing where if you get another users ID from their save you can battle their comp. As for it actually being "live" I'm not so sure but it definitely has something to do with at least battling other real player comps. You can find the player vs player in the arena where you can also vs NPCs which varying difficulty outside one of the cities. I believe it's west of the city that is north of the desert that has the ghost girl house/dojo. Same city where you can get a bike and I think the gym for that city is the one where you go up and down floors using an elevator.

anonemuss

Reputation score
Yes, it's true, there is some kind of online match thing where if you get another users ID from their save you can battle their comp.
I've been doing a personal translation, only really of parts that frustrated the hell out of me, and this is something the help receptionist says (through my very liberal translation):
" 「Pokegal players can play against other players online.」
「Rather than real-time battles, a player's pokegal data is recorded as a "ghost" of sorts, that other players can fight.」
「Unlike elimination tournaments, online matches only consist of a single battle.」
「This requires an internet connection, so please make sure you are somewhere with a good signal.」"

So yeah there's PVP, but it isn't live.

As for it actually being "live" I'm not so sure but it definitely has something to do with at least battling other real player comps.
As far as I can tell, it isn't. The code for a player's party is archived in this site (sorry if there's a rule against external links):
That site is dead, which means the online functions are most likely broken.

You can find the player vs player in the arena where you can also vs NPCs which varying difficulty outside one of the cities. I believe it's west of the city that is north of the desert that has the ghost girl house/dojo. Same city where you can get a bike and I think the gym for that city is the one where you go up and down floors using an elevator.
That is where it is, it's called "Battle Dome" by its receptionists and "Tokyo Dome" in the code. As far as I know, this is where all the PVP action happens. (or did, anyway)

BTW, the data files I added are for a "modded translation" of sorts:
I'm adding in the translation files for my translation (I have v1.10, but I don't think it matters much) as an attachment, because I enabled some things a couple of you will appreciate. There are just a couple changes you should know about (Underlined = good, yellow = bad, red = you might not like this):
  1. I enabled netori(stealing enemy's pokegal) for all trainers to make up for Online Play being down. All of them. Thing is, they don't actually lose their pokegal, so it doesn't seem to actually glitch the story any.
  2. I enabled starter pokegal netori, which actually needed a separate workaround. Before, even if online play worked, you couldn't steal Erona or Amore. I enabled that, and noticed that even if you steal them (from your rival) they're not considered your starter, meaning there seems to be no issue.
  3. (All I used for these was a single label jump and changing a 0 to a 1 in each NPC's "can steal from" variable, so these changes should cause no bugs/errors)
If you don't like either of these above changes, don't bother with this. Seriously. Just wait for bazeeeng to post their translation, since it's the "official" translation without any of my changes.
Also:
  1. I may have called Dr. Urumi a professor somewhere I can longer find. Sorry.
  2. Titles and Trainer Card Icons are translated. It was annoying looking at a wall of moonrunes and wondering what it all meant.
  3. I translated some of the help categories and very few of the story choices, but more was done for Erona than Amore, since I didn't realize the code separated their dialogue to give them different speech patterns.
  4. The shady guy in the city east of Battle Dome gives you the password for the bathroom guy in Battle Dome. I translated that little exchange, but left the original password in parentheses since I couldn't find where the password was in the code.
  5. Moves and their definitions are translated but may be inconsistent, since it seems the translation I was using had a kick for translating move names straight from their hiragana.
  6. A lot of the in-battle text was translated, but there's still quite a lot I didn't bother with.
  7. Along the way, I found a hidden variable called something like "Relationship" that can increase based on your choices when talking with your partner. I have no idea what it does >_>
And finally, I'm not trying to undermine or mess with bazeeeng's translation, it's simply because I saw a lot revealed in the game that I thought others would appreciate so I thought to share it. I am 100% sure that bazeeeng has way more translated than I do, and this is really more to show a bit of what this game could be, once it's fully translated.
I realize it's weird releasing a translation like this right before an even bigger translation is set to be uploaded, so sorry if this causes some confusion.

Also, bazeeeng, if anything in this translation helps you in yours, please feel free to use it. I translate the "conveyed message" more than the "literal message" though, so I'm not sure if it's usable.

Yeah, I'm a wordy bastard, I know.

Attachments

D187Bot

Demon Girl
Reputation score
As far as I can tell, it isn't. The code for a player's party is archived in this site (sorry if there's a rule against external links):
Yeah that's what I meant by saying "can only vs their comps" which meant an archived trainer which is supposed to resemble the player by using their pokegal and stats. Sorry if I was vague.

Also yeah having that kind of system in place for this kind of game is cool but here we are a few years after release and it's obviously not sustainable lol.

anonemuss

Reputation score
Yeah that's what I meant by saying "can only vs their comps" which meant an archived trainer which is supposed to resemble the player by using their pokegal and stats. Sorry if I was vague.

Also yeah having that kind of system in place for this kind of game is cool but here we are a few years after release and it's obviously not sustainable lol.
That was just me missing a few crucial points in your post,really. You made yourself pretty clear. ^_^

As for the online system, that wasn't actually their fault. That site was from an Amazon hosting site ("atpages.jp") , and it seems the entire thing went dead. Pon's Lab weren't the only ones to lose their site; everyone did. It's not like it's ruined the game, though; the game's really good even without a PVP gimmick.

OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
As for the online system, that wasn't actually their fault. That site was from an Amazon hosting site ("atpages.jp") , and it seems the entire thing went dead. Pon's Lab weren't the only ones to lose their site; everyone did. It's not like it's ruined the game, though; the game's really good even without a PVP gimmick.
Ah, so the server is already down. No wonder it doesn't work anymore.

And I think It's fine to post your translation here. Maybe even I can learn one or two things from it, so thanks.
Btw, my translation is not an "Official Translation" just a fanmade.

anonemuss

Reputation score
And I think It's fine to post your translation here. Maybe even I can learn one or two things from it, so thanks.
Btw, my translation is not an "Official Translation" just a fanmade.
Thank you! ^_^

Also, soory if I misspoke, when I called yours "official", it was because I know we're never getting an ACTUAL official translation, so yours is the most legitimate, consistent translation effort out there. Mine was a one time translation dump of everything I'd done in the past year or two, with help from a pre-existing translation, so you're gonna be the best shot we have at getting a complete translation out there.

OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
Partial up.
Check the main post.

Cloudmonkey98

Reputation score
Partial up.
Check the main post.
Awesome, might switch soon, currently on Anonemuss's edit on 1.12
Some thoughts/questions
Are you gonna translate the Config.exe?
Is there any chance of you making a version including Anonemuss's NTR Capture edits?
Oh, and do you know why/have fixed the strange issue where applying a TL(the old partial, and Anonemuss's) causes the game window to claim its v1.00?

OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
Are you gonna translate the Config.exe?
I actually have the config (It's one of the basic component of WOLF rpgmaker, so I won't take any credit for this one), but forgot to put it in the Patch.
So here's the

Is there any chance of you making a version including Anonemuss's NTR Capture edits?
I might make this happen, but my main focus is to translate all the stuff first. (Also you can still steal the gal in the Tokyo Dome/Arena or you can ask Anonemuss for help)

Oh, and do you know why/have fixed the strange issue where applying a TL(the old partial, and Anonemuss's) causes the game window to claim its v1.00?
Uh... What? Sorry but I've never seen this one, any screenshot?