What's new

Predators (maxdragon1k234)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Rena: HP = 78, PP = 52, EP = 89/100, Status = Fine, Dragon's Pride X = 6, Draconic Transformation X = 5

The ruins of her home crushed and burning around her, Rena had come up from the well into which she had fallen into an air filled with death and despair. All too soon, however, the jungle rose to reclaim what had once been settled land. Rain began to pound down from on high, extinguishing what few flames remained in the newly annihilated village. The young half-dragon was left with a choice. Her inner flame armoring her and guiding her movements would undoubtedly protect her from the dangers of the jungle, but she had few supplies at the moment. Scouring the devastated village might turn up some essential tools, perhaps even some food and water, but it would take time that could leave her wandering the village as night fell. There was another village nearby, to the South, where she might find succor, but there was no guarantee that they hadn't been attacked as well. She could, alternatively, go North West, towards the Ironrose Monastery, or West towards Badaria, or even East towards the more civilized lands of the Amazon. Wandering North, towards the mountains bordering Crolia, was also an option, and the monsters who had attacked her town had seemingly come from that direction.

Reputation score
Re: Predators (maxdragon1k234)

Surrounded by the ruins of her home Rena started to search around in order to find the supplies needed for a long trip and a safe spot to spend the night as she planed her next move.

“Seeing as how the attack came from the north that would most likely be the best way to travel to find and kill them. On the other hand I’m not dumb enough to think I can take all of them on without ether some strong allies or information to come up with some kind of plan. So my best bet should be to travel to the monastery to the northwest in the morning and hope I get lucky and find some help. Preferably the kind that will not get themselves killed on me.”

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rena: HP = 78, PP = 52, EP = 89/100, Status = Fine, Dragon's Pride X = 6, Draconic Transformation X = 5

Rolls
Perception: ??

Wandering around the ruins of her home town for a bit, Rena would find a pack that would allow her to carry things in the home of a hunter whose corpse she found on the floor, his body splayed out in a pool of spreading blood and his throat torn out to leave room for deep claw marks. A pair of waterskins and some dried meat were turned up as well, and some fruit and other foodstuffs that would keep well were easy enough to find in the market where a last stand had seemingly been made. Dead bodies were scattered about, scorched by magic or rent apart by claws or titanic fists, and no survivors were to be found among the burnt out remains. Everyone had been killed or taken, it seemed, except for her.

As for places to sleep, she would have a few options there. The houses of her home were usually small, cottages at best but most often huts, and as such there were few places to hide from the scavengers who would no doubt be coming to feast on the dead all too soon. She could try to hide in the storage cellar of the market's storehouse or the basement of the stone chapel to the Western Star God that a group from Badaria had erected only a few years prior, but doing so would leave her without an exit besides the door, effectively leaving her cornered if she were attacked. A roof might offer more protection, but it wouldn't really constitute as shelter, at least where the elements were concerned, and if anything attacked her from the air she would have no ability to defend herself. Going off into the woods and sleeping in a tree, or making some sort of shelter, would at least keep her away from the foul smell that would no doubt soon fill the dead village, but would also require more work on her part and mean that she'd be solely responsible for her own protection, both from the elements and from the creatures of the wild.

Reputation score

“Now that I have the supplies that I’m going to need, my next step is to find some shelter for the night and with all of the dead around something is bound to come around just from the smell alone. Although I would be safer in the chapel basement or the storehouse cellar I could be trapped inside of them and I refuse to let happen. None of the other homes look like they can offer much protection in case something thinks that I would make a better meal then the dead and if I stick around for to long the smell may cling to me letting anything with a nose find me. My only option left is to head out into the forest and although I may not be that good at making any real kind of shelter with a bit of luck I think I’ll be able to make one that will keep me safe for the night.”

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolls

Wandering out into the jungle, Rena would find herself looking for an hour or so before she came upon a large rocky outcropping that jutted out from the ground. A stream ran off of it, but if she climbed up and skirted around a ledge running around the top there was a secluded overhand at a high point, one where she would be mostly safe from the creatures of the jungle. The insects would still be able to get here, but there didn't seem to be any other ways to get to it, and if she took the time to gather some things from the jungle she might even be able to get some comfort from it. Whether or not she wished to put forth the effort for that comfort was up to her, however, and after finding her safe resting place she could take what measures she wished to further protect herself and provide a livable place to rest, and perhaps take a meal if she so wished.

Reputation score

“Finally a place to rest for the night” Rena thought to herself. “Its probably best if I try to hunt down something to eat so I can save on my supplies. If I do find something large enough then I can try to skin it for it’s pelt to use as some kind of bedding or if that fails then gather leaves to use for the night. Either way I should also look for some wood to get a fire going.”

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolls
Rena lacks the Ranger skill.

Though she lacked much in the way of real woodcraft skill, Rena knew enough to find a game trail while gathering fire wood, or perhaps was simply lucky enough to. Dry wood was hard to come by in the Amazon, and she didn't know what live plants were flammable for kindling, but she managed to find a dead tree to tear up and nearby discovered an antelope to kill and eat. Again, her lack of real skill in that area made her efforts poor at best, and no real hunter would have kept the shredded mass of skin that she managed to take off of the creature, but it would do well enough for her purposes. Food, shelter, fire, and a slightly softer sleeping place were her rewards, and as luck would have it no threats rose up to challenge her for any of them as dusk turned to night, and she was able to retreat to the relative safety of her small cave.

Reputation score

She just knew that her inability to wield a weapon would one day come back and bite her. “If you can’t use a bow you’ll just be a hindrance during a hunt they said. Can’t use a knife, than you can’t skin an animal properly they said. There is no point in learning to find good fire wood if you can’t hold an axe they said.” She thought to her self as she used what little skills she had picked up watching the others work. “Maybe I should find a necromancer to bring a few of them back so I can break their noses before letting them move on. On second thought too much of a hassle for people not worth the time.”

“By the Dragons, how in the world did they make it look so easy to do these kinds of things?” Were the thoughts running around her head as she looked at the fire, meat and her ‘bedding’ making the idea for that necromancer pop up for a second time before she shoved it back down and settled in for the night.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Resting through the night, Rena would go undisturbed. Should her plan to head Northwest towards Ironrose monastery remain in place, she would go forth from the place she'd slept, forced to go around or back through her village, the former taking more time but keeping her from having to go through the painful memories of her devastated homeland.

Reputation score

After a quick cleaning up using the stream nearby and a cold breakfast it was time to resume her journey to the Ironrose monastery. “It seems that I survived the first night on my own but I had best not let down my guard. Even with it most likely being safer to go around it I’m going to need to make up for lost time so I should travel back through my village as the quickest path. I hope.”

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Assuming that Rena reactivates her buffs in the morning, I won't change the statuses.)

Going through her village with only herself for company, Rena found it as abandoned as ever, the few scavengers she passed only glaring at her or dispersing when she drew near. None of the larger predators had found it yet, meaning that she could go through undisturbed, but the reminder of what had happened was likely its own discomfort. Reaching the other side of the village, the half-dragon reached the road, and could follow it all the way to Ironrose. It wasn't entirely straight, going around hills, through valleys, and along rivers to bridges. It was a little traveled dirt path with occasional bits of paving or laid stones near other settlements, that much she knew, so it might be faster to try and go straight through, if she could even find her way through the jungle. Rena would have to choose between quick and dangerous or slow and... Mildly less dangerous, given the state of the Amazon's roads.