What's new

Problem with RPG maker MV

remi555

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi, when I'm playing a game made with RPG maker MV, full screen or not, I've got a big black rectangle like this :

Can anyone help me please ?

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Problem with RPG maker MV

I have seen few people having exact same bug. Unfortunately, it occurred even on new, clean projects.

Reinstalling drivers or reverting to old drivers for gpu helped in few cases. (Though, those few cases were using nvidia cards, I wonder if it's related)

Other than that it's hard to tell anything.
Is it on every rpg maker mv made game or just this one? What card do you use? Do you use multi-screen setup?

OP
R

remi555

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

thanks for answering =)

It's with all MV games , I have an nvidia 860m card and I'm using 2 screens but when the first MV games went out I had already this config and no problems, I really don't know why it's like this.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I am going to play a guessing game here because I am not 100% sure.

If it's all the mv games and earlier you didn't have this problem, then...
Well, only things that could change and are coming to my mind are:

1. rpg maker mv itself (old games didn't have patches, new games had, patch ruined something). Best luck here is to check those old ones and see if problem is still there.

2. Second guess would be update to graphic drivers. Some people did rollback their drivers and solved this problem. If it's a driver issue of course. Best luck checking would be just rolling back drivers.

I am working on a project that's made in rpg maker mv (steam version, latest update), running multiple screens. Though I am on amd graphics, didn't see any problems so far. Also I did play few games made in MV, also no problems.

And last... did you try official rpg maker forums (or some unofficial ones)? There is a big chance that someone will point you to same/similar issue that got resolved or will have a better idea.
Hope you get your problem solved because that really does suck :(

Logan Castle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Did you install any JavaScript libraries by any chance?

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

thanks for answering =)

It's with all MV games , I have an nvidia 860m card and I'm using 2 screens but when the first MV games went out I had already this config and no problems, I really don't know why it's like this.
Just a wild guess, but does the issue occur on a single screen (aka unplug your other screen and restart your PC).

Tit Dang

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Another wild guess - try to see debug console. Install RPG Maker MV, create new project and copy the game to this project. Open Game.RPGMV Project file, start the game and push F8.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm using xvace at the moment as I could get it on the cheap from steam recently. Is MV better? I've had a little experience with the PlayStation version, XP and XV before. Is MV easier for noons such as myself to use? I might consider picking it up once I start making money to spend again.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm using xvace at the moment as I could get it on the cheap from steam recently. Is MV better? I've had a little experience with the PlayStation version, XP and XV before. Is MV easier for noons such as myself to use? I might consider picking it up once I start making money to spend again.
I'd advice waiting till they fixed some security holes and a few other tidbits. Transitioning from one rpg maker to the other is relatively easy to do and VX Ace is the most stable atm, moreso if you power through and discard the RTP or get a script for mouse controls and mobile stuff, thats the major thing MV brings.