[Problematic] New users not able to send messages for activation purposes.

Dec 30, 2017
First off, hello, i'm new here as of about a few hours ago at most i think. I've had the good fortune of digging way too deep into ways to contact the people who are able to verify accounts and activate them. I'm assuming that's still how this works.

So right there, there's a giant problem. I couldn't send messages through this site itself. It just shows up as a "start typing to write a message" which doesn't actually let you type anything. This was FF with all kinds of security stuff, so i figured i'd use vanilla chrome. Same problem, no messages able to be sent. Even tried IE (for gods sake) and nothing there either.

While i can get behind the manual verification of new users, kindly do make sure the system actually works.

That's all. This isn't for me anymore but for everyone else who might have the same problems.
Cheers.

E1: Tried to upload an image depicting the now visible and functional "compose new" button, which was absent when i was trying to message the right people. It failed.

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Oct 31, 2014
Hm, sorry to hear there's issues activating now. The inability to send messages might be a very recent hiccup, as I've noticed new users over past couple months; were you trying to private message, write on their profile, or something different?

And images uploaded to the site database aren't working at the moment, outside links function though - imgur and the like work well.

Dec 30, 2017
Hm, sorry to hear there's issues activating now. The inability to send messages might be a very recent hiccup, as I've noticed new users over past couple months; were you trying to private message, write on their profile, or something different?

And images uploaded to the site database aren't working at the moment, outside links function though - imgur and the like work well.
Well i managed to very convolutedly contact one of the people in the list through their twitch channel. I've sent an email to an (apparantly) old stickied poster that listed it but i never heard back from it. 3 days later i contacted the person via twitch, and in the meantime i've written to the site admin 3 times via the "contact us" button at the bottom over the course of a week or so.

I've only been "cleared" roughly 18 or so hours at most. I have no idea if other people are having the same problems i have but it was hard enough being able to voice the concerns that come with a problem like such :p

Worth looking into at the very least.

That button didn't exist prior to getting approved.
The button on user specific profiles for contacting them redirects to the messaging page with no ability to write anything, and the vbulletin messenger would open a new window with again no way to type anything. This in all 3 browsers, with and without scripts blocked.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2017
First off, hello, i'm new here as of about a few hours ago at most i think. I've had the good fortune of digging way too deep into ways to contact the people who are able to verify accounts and activate them. I'm assuming that's still how this works.

So right there, there's a giant problem. I couldn't send messages through this site itself. It just shows up as a "start typing to write a message" which doesn't actually let you type anything. This was FF with all kinds of security stuff, so i figured i'd use vanilla chrome. Same problem, no messages able to be sent. Even tried IE (for gods sake) and nothing there either.

While i can get behind the manual verification of new users, kindly do make sure the system actually works.

That's all. This isn't for me anymore but for everyone else who might have the same problems.
Cheers.

E1: Tried to upload an image depicting the now visible and functional "compose new" button, which was absent when i was trying to message the right people. It failed.
I can sympathyze with you bro.
My account was just "fully" activated just now, after one month.

It took a month but my account can now post AND send PMs correctly.
I can only sympathize with new users who will undergo this bothersome ordeal as me.
They need to fix their chat box bug, I only managed to inform Mind Flayer, AI, Hentai Spider, Toxic Shock, or Guan Yu by requesting bugmenot111 to contact them guys for me.

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Jul 26, 2010
I thought this was supposed to ahve been fixed in the forum update, but it's still not?

Feb 26, 2017
I thought this was supposed to ahve been fixed in the forum update, but it's still not?
NOPE, THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS TO DATE.

I AM(WAS A) LIVING PROOF OF THAT.

THE ADMINS HAVE YET TO DISCLOSE ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Dec 30, 2017
Yeah it really isn't. I'm not about to randomly start PMing people i think are full on staff but hopefully this serves as some kind of red flag and garners their attention.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Oct 31, 2014
It should've been, but... The update ended up not being applied, as of yet.

Admins who are still active: Guan, 7767, Sam (not sure if on ulmf, but is active on discord)
Admins who are active-ish: Antithetical Inquiry, not sure when's she has last been on here though...

I'll try to remember to post a alternative contact/sites/Agh-why-is-site-down-again thread sometime tomorrow

Zepheral

Super Sand Lesbian
Jun 15, 2014
It should've been, but... The update ended up not being applied, as of yet.

Admins who are still active: Guan, 7767, Sam (not sure if on ulmf, but is active on discord)
Admins who are active-ish: Antithetical Inquiry, not sure when's she has last been on here though...

I'll try to remember to post a alternative contact/sites/Agh-why-is-site-down-again thread sometime tomorrow
Toxic shock and Mind Flayer are at discord as well. Try them if you can't get hold of the others.

Feb 26, 2017
Toxic shock and Mind Flayer are at discord as well. Try them if you can't get hold of the others.
Hello, I'm a noob at this Discord thing. May I ask how to do that.
I only got them to fix my issue by requesting Anonymous to contact them for me.

Zepheral

Super Sand Lesbian
Jun 15, 2014
Hello, I'm a noob at this Discord thing. May I ask how to do that.
I only got them to fix my issue by requesting Anonymous to contact them for me.
I gave you the link in a pm. The reason I don't put it out there cause I hate bots.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2009
It'll be fixed, but when this happens is uncertain. The people working on this are taking their sweet time getting things working again.

Feb 26, 2017
yeah let them take their time, say 2-3 years at most, while new users suffer.

super_slicer

Tentacle God
Nov 17, 2010
Seriously, fuck off. With this shit software your concerns are the least important thing. When the software change DOES happen they'll be fixed, and some of us have been waiting 6 months for this.