What's new

ACT Abandoned [The Zeta Team] Project X: Love Potion Disaster (Latest Build: "NExT" 2019-01-29)

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
A wait like that without a new stage is just ehhh to me. I'm not as excited about this game as I used to be.

Anowon

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Who cares how long they take, as long as it gets done. Can't rush art. And hey, 2 stages worth of animations for 2 characters is a thing LIKE a new stage.

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
There's no way that nobody has ever once said the word "save" in this 178-page thread.

Anyone know what could cause this? And, that being said, anyone got a full save they could send my way? I've played through enough times lol

Last edited:

Somburliss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
There's no way that nobody has ever once said the word "save" in this 178-page thread.

Anyone know what could cause this? And, that being said, anyone got a full save they could send my way? I've played through enough times lol
Search functionality seems to be largely broken after the forum upgrade. Now that you've posted about saves, your post shows up in the results for searching "save" but nothing else.

Regardless, there's a save on Page 175, and another on Page 170 attached directly to the post.

https://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/henta...leased-august-19th-2017?p=1354790#post1354790
https://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/henta...leased-august-19th-2017?p=1351434#post1351434

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
I asked on the forum a couple of weeks ago on what their next goal is, and they're currently working on the new gallery system as well as getting Blaze and Cream caught up in animations.

Last edited:

SethK

Reputation score
Well. Looks like we're not going to see further updates from this after the next one.

I'll post the journal in spoilers in case you'd rather not go to FA to read it.

As all of you know, I was in this long adventure during a lot of years making this silly and crazy game, but my mind and my body is asking me to stop it already. I made a lot of friends and meet a lot of nice people, and made some enemies too. xD All in all it was a good experience for me, but things are starting to be too heavy for my shoulders from some time already, and as usual, I wanna say a couple of things and clarify some others talking as myself, not as the whole Team:

1.- I'm not going to work on PX for now on. Why? because is damaging me, it gives me a lot of stress, I have to suffer attacks from trolls and kiddos, who are insulting me non stop, leaving shitty comments on my YT videos and reporting them when YT is full of videos of the game and they are there for years and years, I upload one video, and it gets deleted in one month, nicey. I know that I have a lot of supporters and people who love the game, but sadly, the toxic people are always a lot more louder, and that ends affecting your morale. The game don't report me any satisfaction or profit, it just give me bad stuff, no matters the effort I do on it, or the explanations I give to the people.

2.- I wanna talk about the donations. Ohh... what a controversial topic, isn't? Let me tell all of you, because it seems this still isn't clear for some people, that the donations are like a Tip Jar, you like it? you put some money on it, like a monkey who dances in the street at the song of his owner for some coins. The donations not are to force us to keep working on the game, they are to motivate us, and to make us work harder. Let me tell you all where those money goes, it goes to make people a bit more happy, yup yup.
I used those donations to buy a second hand Ps Vita to NeoEclipse, and send it to him, I also used it to buy a N2DS with Pokemon to NoPen and send it to her, because in their countries the price of them are prohibitive, and they can't afford them. The only time I got some money of the donations for myself, was when I started the reward campaign because I needed a new graphic card, the rest of the money, was shared between all the spriters and Team, to get them some Steam games, and pay the hosting of the forum, even I put myself money from my pocket to buy games for some members. What I want to tell with all of this? easy, just that I don't need the money myself, I have a job, and I just use extra money to buy silly stuff and games, PX never was made with the intention to be lucrative, so, if you donated, don't feel bad, you put a big smile in someone who needed it, you're not filling my pockets.

3.- To the people who was always desperate because we are slow, and joke about that the game will be released in the 3000, well, you people don't see that each time, we make the sprites better, we animate them better, and fans gets more demanding and needy each time, pinpoint always the bad animations or the ones who had less work on them for one or another reason, and you don't take in mind that some people who work with us are new, and are learning, but people don't mind that and directly say that the anim is a shit, hurting the feelings of those who are just here to help, how would all of you feel? When I do a release, practically none of the fans say how good some anims are, they quickly begins to remark the bad stuff on it, and that's disheartening, and it lowers my morale a lot, personally. To end with this, my spriters and people in the team are all volunteers, and as you can assume, I can't press and rush volunteers to work harder and faster, or get angry with them if they can't reach the timeline, or people getting angry with me, because I'm not working the whole time on the game, like if I couldn't have a rest or my own fun. Well, that's not gonna happen anymore. ALSO, DONATIONS ARE CLOSED, don't donate for the game anymore, if you do it, I will keep myself with it and rent bitches.

4.- The next release will be the last one for now, until I want to continue with it one day, but all of you will have to wait a loooooooong time until something new appears after this next release. Btw I have been criticized and insulted too just for saying that the next release will be when the spriters finish the anims and while that I don't have anything to do. hahah is... kinda funny actually, no matters what, I'm the devil.

5.- The Forum, and the Discord Server, will be managed by Miles, and up until he wants.

So, all in all, trolls and toxic people finally got my head, let's party, anyways, I have to give thanks to them, now I'm free, and I'm gonna play and lay lots. :p

Have a good day,

Zeta

redx

Reputation score
So drama kills the game.
well i enjoyed it and it had good animations.

Miles Kjeller

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Before any wild rumours or speculation starts flying about I will link to the Team Statement over on the forums.
You do not need to register to read it.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Honestly I'm kind of meh about this. The people working on the game had too little free time to do so and were too invested in the comments of a particularly awful community. They probably would have gotten alot more enjoyment out of building the game in private and releasing it once complete.

SethK

Reputation score
Honestly I'm kind of meh about this. The people working on the game had too little free time to do so and were too invested in the comments of a particularly awful community. They probably would have gotten alot more enjoyment out of building the game in private and releasing it once complete.
Can't say I disagree there. If they'd just put out updates whenever instead of building hype and bothering to read what the masses had to say, there woulda been far less stress.

More like they sopped up donations for a decade on the perpetual promise of "eventually" releasing a game.
They wouldn't need to permaban, IP ban, etc. from their forums for criticism if they weren't doing anything wrong. They're just scam artists, the well ran dry so now they're giving it up.
You joined this site less then a week ago, you already have a severely negative reputation, and I can see why, cause you're one of the reasons Zeta is having so many issues.
A donation is just that, a donation. A donation doesn't mean you're obligated to anything, it's a tip.

Anowon

Demon Girl
Reputation score
They made a pretty large amount of (very weird) quality content, that's why. Been following it since it was only 2 levels, Zeta gets sick of trolls (which the game attracts like a magnet for obvious reasons) and storms off every couple years. She'll be back in, oh, 4 or 5 months. Game Dev Drama+ Furry drama doesn't make for a good schedule, just look at Cloud Meadow.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
I hope she finds what she's looking for. Critiquing a game is one thing, but trolling is another. Some people need to learn to chill out or stuff like this happens.

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I'll be honest; it's a shame it's coming to an end, but you'd be a fool to say nobody saw it coming. I've been watching this game develop since it's inception and there's definitely been a toll taken on Zeta throughout the various losses of team members, general hiccups and schedule issues with the largest contributing factor to it's downfall likely being the absurdly toxic community it had accumulated. While granted I've seen people make more with less than Zeta Team's been given, to see it come to an end is melancholy - And I am personally certain this is the end despite the open-ended nature of the post.
My hope is that other Sonic fans seeking to pursue this sort of fan project aren't dissuaded by Zeta Team's behaviors or that of the fandom around the game, actual fans and (especially) detractors alike.

That's assuming of course another adult Sonic game should arise at all. One can only hope.