What's new

[Projekt Wolfenstahl] 2D Action - Dark Alley Elf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regris Kallen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello, it's nice to meet you all. I'm Regris and I'm posting on behalf of Projekt Wolfenstahl as their new PR guy. If I put this post in the wrong place or have the wrong format, please feel free to correct me!

Anyways, today I'm presenting a game we've just started working on. Tentatively titled Francesca the Dark Elf, the game is about a haughty dark elf who got in a little over her head with a bet. The premise is that you have 15 days to make as much money as you can, seducing men who would pay while fighting off those who don't.

Francesca design sheet - rez.png

The game is a 2D beat-em-up styled game with spritework by Boxman, art by Crescentia, music by Illustrious, programming by BladeFire, and story by Wolfenstahl and Zhuan. We're going to be holding streams every day and a general progress report every 2nd or 3rd day when we can.

You can see the streams here:
[ ]

And other than that I'll be keeping this thread updated as we get farther in the project. Or you can connect with us via Twitter or Discord.

Twitter:
Discord:

Last edited:

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
So is this like a side project but in the world of wolfenstahl?

I'm interested.

OP
Regris Kallen

Regris Kallen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So is this like a side project but in the world of wolfenstahl?

I'm interested.
Yep! We're still working on our main projects as well, but we wanted to do this side project as a challenge to ourselves. In terms of story it's all in the same setting still.

OP
Regris Kallen

Regris Kallen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey all, here's an update of what we've been doing over the weekend.

Francesca_progress_report_2.png
After our weekend we dived back into work successfully.

Cres finished another graphic (the third one), while Boxman finished some pixel art and Zhuan drafted some dialogue texts. You can see some of the art above. So far everything progresses quite well. But instead of just listing the progress and showing some graphics, I figured I'd go into some details about the game in upcoming posts, starting with this one.

As we stated in the past, this "Mini Game" will be an action game/brawler/platformer/sidescroller whatever you want to call it. We try to experiment with a few new mechanics and stuff, while also using our strengths and providing a solid, quality game. Basically, in this game, Francesca (the dark elf) will run a street up and down, looking for "customers" to milk for money, while at the same time holding "freeloaders" off.

When Francesca initiates hentai (or when some NPC initiates it) a screen wide CG, like the one shown above, will be blended in. This is kinda similar to how Tifatan X did it (very old hentai game). But instead of just blending in a static image, we plan to have the CG adjust to what's actually going on. Meaning the CG will change according to stuff happening to the heroine.

This is... difficult to explain in words alone, and we don't want to spoil the fun by posting all the graphics before the game release. Summed up you can say that the CGs have variations and will change during gameplay. As usual, our game contains narrative with game over hentai which explains what happens to the heroine if she fails. But we also included a lot of ingame hentai and some special hentai that happens when winning the game. So we hope that we cover as much hentai themes with this game as possible! (this time there is no BDSM in there though, sorry about that)

If you have any questions, make sure to join our live streams the next couple days. See ya!

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
That lipstick in the first pic is kinda too thiccc.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Holy shit the art improved so much! Definitely watching this. Good luck!

OP
Regris Kallen

Regris Kallen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey all, got another update ready. I'll also try to address the questions that were asked today.

Francesca_progress_report_3.png

The first week is basically over, and we made great progress during this week.
Cres finished a graphic of Lesath today, who is a supporting NPC for Francesca.
On tomorrows live stream Cres will work on Annabelle's dialogue graphic, she is the rival Francesca makes a bet with.

Blade wrapped up work on the text parser, combat system, and is going to work on the hentai system next.
While Box finished most of the pixel graphics for Francesca and will work on the tileset in the upcoming days.
Meanwhile, Zhuan writes the scenes for the victory and game over hentai scenes.

This time I'll fill you in on the story of the game:
As I mentioned on the last blogpost, Francesca is running up and down a street to collect money from customers so she can win a bet she made with her rival.

But how did this happen in the first place?
Without spoiling too much of the story, here's the rough idea:
Annabelle and Francesca are "old friends" but somehow they are still rivals.
They have a pretty competitive relationship, and one day Annabelle laments about not having enough money to buy [Redacted].
(no spoilers, sorry haha)
Francesca criticizes her for spending so much money on "useless" things, and this angers Annabelle.
Both women, eager to prove the other that they are in the wrong, decide to do a very risky bet.
The winner being able to command the loser to do whatever they wish them to do.
(this applies to both of them)
The content of the bet is: Who makes the most money in 15 days.
Annabelle, who is rich by default (rich Ojou-sama type girl) probably has less troubles winning the bet.
But Francesca has a plan, which basically leads her to do all sorts of lewd things she loves to do, in order to earn money.
This leads to the situation our heroine, Francesca, is in, and why she's doing what she's doing.
(she would probably still do it without the bet, but the bet puts some "pressure" on her to perform extra well, so that's that)

Basically, no matter how this bet will end, you will all get to see some good lewdness!
(hentai scenes appear during gameplay, game over, and on victory as well)

The dialogues, as well as the CG scenes leading up to all this are written by Zhuan.
so will there be sprite sex in this, not just cg's
In regards to sprite sex, I think right now the sprites are more focused on movement and action. The scenes are planned to be primarily in CG. While I think there's a definite demand for sprite action to go along with the CG, we gotta think about our workload and deadlines for this project first. The idea is definitely on our minds, though.

Those expressions in the OP are adorable.
Holy shit the art improved so much! Definitely watching this. Good luck!
Thank you! Yeah, Francesca is a pretty expressive and upbeat character, so the idea of her having fun both kicking ass and working her body is fairly central to her theme.

Anyways, thanks to everyone following this thread!

masquerade zero

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Will there be more yuri content this time around, and can I have a request put in for art of the dominatrix from the first game in here? She needs moar stuff, cause she's hot~!

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
In regards to sprite sex, I think right now the sprites are more focused on movement and action. The scenes are planned to be primarily in CG. While I think there's a definite demand for sprite action to go along with the CG, we gotta think about our workload and deadlines for this project first. The idea is definitely on our minds, though.
I certainly hope there will actually be sprite sex. Those look like decent sprites. I know it's a lot more time consuming, but it sells pretty well from what I've accumulated. Hopefully you will have enough time and resources to implement it. If not, I bet it'll still be a great game

Peter_Snayde

Reputation score
Finish at least 1-st game project... making 100 unfinished demos - not good.

OP
Regris Kallen

Regris Kallen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello again! Today we have another update, this time focusing on Francesca's rival, Annabelle, and showcasing some of our tilesets.

Francesca_progress_report_4.png

Cres finished the facial expression variations for Annabelle and Lesath so we can use them in the dialogues.
Also the base CG for the first CG scene has been finished as well.
Cres finished so far:
Character dialogue graphics 3 out of 3
Combat CGs 3 out of 3
CG scenes 1 (base done, variations still need work) out of 4

Boxman also finished the graphics for Francesca, as well as did some good progress on the tileset.
(as you can see in the posted picture above)
Zhuan drafted the writing for 3 of the CG scenes and will continue to polish it up the next couple days.
While Blade is in the middle of programming the hentai system and will get to building the level/stage after that.

Today I'll drop some information on the level/stage of the game:

As you can see, the tileset is a pretty simple city style tileset.
The game will be about Francesca running up and down the same street every day, collecting money from various customers via hentai scenes.
(there's a mini game system for that in the "hentai system", I'll probably talk about it in one of the upcoming blogposts when we have some visuals for it)
As the days in the game progress, some new parts of the stage "unlock" and become accessible.

We plan to not only have the street though, but also building interiors of some buildings (not all), which will be quite simplistic.
But it helps to have some variety, and not only have the streets to "play" on.
Other than that, we also plan to make the sewer accessible as well.
Tentacle monsters are lurking down there, but despite the dangers it might pay off to visit such a dangerous place.

Please note that building interiors and sewers are both optional goals on our list.
But since we decided on selling the game, we figured we should include these optional goals, even if it means working on the game a few days longer than the planned 2 weeks.
(no worries, as the progress currently stands we're pretty fast and Cres will return to Deathblight RPG in no time, most of the team has nothing to work on Deathblight RPG (no pixel art, no writing from Zhuan etc.) so we're pretty fine with adding more stuff to polish this game properly)

And yes, even if we sell the game, Patrons (5 $ upwards) still get it for free as bonus for supporting us.

At any rate, I hope you're looking forward to the next progress report!
Same as last time, we're going to have our "weekend" tomorrow and on monday as well.
(at least Cres and I do)
So we are not going to work on those days, and we'll be back on tuesday with a live stream again.

See ya!
Now then! Let's get through some of the questions you guys had.

Will there be more yuri content this time around, and can I have a request put in for art of the dominatrix from the first game in here? She needs moar stuff, cause she's hot~!
Since we want to focus on getting the game out, we don't plan on adding much outside of what we already have laid out. Sadly, this game isn't going to be too good for yuri content, but I think some of our other upcoming projects will definitely have something for you.

I certainly hope there will actually be sprite sex. Those look like decent sprites. I know it's a lot more time consuming, but it sells pretty well from what I've accumulated. Hopefully you will have enough time and resources to implement it. If not, I bet it'll still be a great game
Thank you! As I said above, since we're focusing more on coordinating and efficiency, sprite sex won't be featured so much in this game. However, since we know it's in high demand, our subsequent projects will definitely have a bigger focus on sprite scenes.

Finish at least 1-st game project... making 100 unfinished demos - not good.
Hey there, 100 is a pretty impressive number of games but let's do a quick look. With Paperheads and Last Demon Hunter as previous works, our current projects include this game and the ongoing Deathblight RPG. We have Deathblight Apocalypse on the backburner as a project we want to do, but haven't started, and Geisterhand was our only dropped project.

Indie development, especially working in adult games, has a lot of failures as people try to work out something that's best for them, and there's a lot of areas that can go wrong. Improper team chemistry, sudden life emergencies, overreaching or too ambitious projects, and so forth, and we're no exception. As a group, the team has had a bit of a turbulent time with personal affairs (moving around and such like that) in the past, so the priority for this project is to subvert this by shipping a for-sure product to feel out how our team (myself included) operates together with clear time constraints. We have a lot of talented people, but this is the first time we're all working together on the same project. When Francesca's game is released, we're going straight to work on another alongside the constant progress we give to Deathblight RPG.

But yeah, I understand where you're coming from when you say it feels like there's a hundred projects that get announced and only one or two actually release. That, honestly, might just be the state of creative works and passion projects in general, Which is why we want to continue focus on Francesca with regular updates and clear communication, so thank you again for showing interest in following this thread. :D

(PS: Our current public beta for the Deathblight RPG can be found )

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Will this art be used in the RPG or is this for this project only? Because honestly, I like the art in the RPG like a 1000 times more. May be because I guess this is a sideproject so the art doesn't get as much attention as in the main project. (I mean it looks good, don't get me wrong, but I think you know what I mean.)

OP
Regris Kallen

Regris Kallen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Cheers all, hope your weekend was good. We've got another update here, this time talking about Francesca herself and how we're trying to keep our pace.

Francesca_progress_report_5.png

Fifth progress report:

After the weekend we're back in action.
But keeping the current pace up is really straining, so we're happy to slowly get closer to the end of the project.

Cres finished the variations for the first CG scene which will have text accompanying it.
In the meantime, Boxman worked on the sewer area of the game.
While Zhuan fleshed out more of the writing.
Blade is still working on the hentai system.
Still all going pretty much according to plan, so well in fact, that we decided to add the optional goals from our list and improve the game during a third development week.
Cres will most likely return to DB RPG after 2-3 additional workdays past the original 2 week limit.
(by that time Cres will have all the optional goals on the CGs done)
The rest of the team will stick a couple days longer to this project, but this is not holding up DB RPG since they are not working on it anyways.

I realized I haven't written much about the heroine of the game yet.
So let's briefly talk about our heroine, Francesca the dark elf.

Francesca is a pretty self confident and sex loving girl in general.
She's quite energetic, cheerful, and loves to live out her desires without any restraints.
For this reason it's not surprising that she'd choose sex to earn money in order to win her bet.
To her this is fun plus she get's payed for it, which is like killing two birds with one stone.
Of course her goal is to get payed for having sex, but since she loves it too much it might happen that she drowns in the pleasure and loses sight of her goal.
(which then leads to one of the game overs)

Our dark elf heroine in this game is a "toned down" and more "modern day" version of her original medieval version.
In which she's a dark spellcaster, capable of summoning demons and placing hexes on others, who slays her enemies by using a huge maul.
Since we toned her down in this game, she just uses a metal pipe to get rid of "customers" who are not willing to pay.
Francesca looks quite cute in general, so even when she's angry, she still looks cute.
Because of this her medieval version usually wears a dark mask which makes her seem more intimidating, though she's still so small.
So she's small but dangerous!
Her modern version we see in this game however, is not as dark as the medieval version.
So we see none of her "dark side" in this game.

In this game she's just a regular dark elf girl who wants to win the bet she has with her rival by doing what she loves most (sex) to earn money to win the bet.
We're thinking about giving her some measure of spellcasting via Talismans in this game.
But it won't be anything super powerful, and certainly no demon summoning.
(even though her medieval version would be capable of that)

We hope you all look forward to playing the game with her!
See ya!
On top of that, I've got another graphic from the talented Boxman to show off today.

Francesca-tilesets.gif

Our tilesets are coming along nicely. Boxman's got both an above ground and sewer setup going on, as well as money ready to be collected if you want to really spend your time running around a sewer for some pocket change.

Will this art be used in the RPG or is this for this project only? Because honestly, I like the art in the RPG like a 1000 times more. May be because I guess this is a sideproject so the art doesn't get as much attention as in the main project. (I mean it looks good, don't get me wrong, but I think you know what I mean.)
All of these assets are for this project exclusively. Francesca exists within the scope of Deathblight's canon, but what she's doing is way off somewhere else compared to the main crew.

Anyways, that catches everything up. The next update should be in a day or two tops!

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Cheers all, hope your weekend was good. We've got another update here, this time talking about Francesca herself and how we're trying to keep our pace.

View attachment 14914

On top of that, I've got another graphic from the talented Boxman to show off today.

View attachment 14915

Our tilesets are coming along nicely. Boxman's got both an above ground and sewer setup going on, as well as money ready to be collected if you want to really spend your time running around a sewer for some pocket change.

All of these assets are for this project exclusively. Francesca exists within the scope of Deathblight's canon, but what she's doing is way off somewhere else compared to the main crew.

Anyways, that catches everything up. The next update should be in a day or two tops!
I think it could use a little bit of blur and/or smoothing. Everything looks too sharp.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I think it could use a little bit of blur and/or smoothing. Everything looks too sharp.
It's got the aesthetic of historical game machines that only support 4 colors per square area, like on the game boy color or neo geo pocket. But just blurring it would definitely look worse.

Whether adding more colors would improve it is a design choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.