[Projekt Wolfenstahl] 2D Action - Dark Alley Elf

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Regris Kallen

Regris Kallen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Cheers again! Today we have our sixth progress report, and also a couple of general announcements. Anyways, without further ado!

Francesca progress report 6.png

Crescentia finished another base CG, so all that's left to do on the CG scenes is finishing the last CG scene on Saturday's live stream.
After that there might be some polishing left to do on the CG scenes, but the major amount of the work has been taken care off.
Boxman also made some great progress on the tileset, as you can see in the picture above.
While Blade and Zhuan made some progress in their respective fields (programming and writing).

Technically, today the 2 week mark is reached, but we figured to include all the optional goals from our optional goal list.
(the "must have" content as well as some of the optional goals had been fulfilled already, so we figured we'd just push it all the way)

As I mentioned in previous posts, it's only mandatory for Cres to return to her work on Deathblight RPG, since noone else has work to do with that one.
(Blade already finished the mini game implementation for Ferania's Job, so only the graphical work is left to do for the next release)
And since that works out as planned, it's no problem to let the rest of the team work on the "2 week game project" for a couple more days.
(also please note, that polishing it up might take a bit time too, but we'll let Patrons play some earlier builds of the game)

To give you a better understanding so you know what we had on our optional list for the Francesca game:
- a sewer area with tentacle monsters (also CGs for them)
- some powerups and talismans for magic
- simple building interiors, so you can enter some of the buildings (not all of them)
- some more enemy types (mostly humans, aside from the tentacle monsters)

Since the brunt of the work is done, I won't be writing progress reports every two days from now on.
(especially because Cres and I will be getting back to working on the webcomic as well as Deathblight RPG)
But you'll certainly see at least 2 progress reports before we release the game.

I hope you're looking forward to those!
See ya!

P.S:
Yeah, no daily live streams anymore.
So yeah, the basics is that since we're in the home stretch, we'll be using the next week or two to polish up what we have and get ready for release. We're currently in the process of working with some digital storefronts to see where we can sell from. DLsite will be likely, but we'll see where else we can work with. And from there, once Francesca's game is finished, the team will be going back to Deathblight RPG and a currently unannounced project!

As always, hit me up if you have any questions or so. Until next time!

OP
Regris Kallen

Regris Kallen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey all, we've been a little quiet on our front for reasons that'll be explained below. The tl;dr is that we got "enough" done with the two weeks we gave ourselves, so we figured to run with it and complete all of our "optional" objectives.

Anyways, more to read below!

Francesca progress report 7.png

As I wrote in the last report, we decided to push out roughly 2 reports til release (this being one of them).

Since this question came up a bunch of times, let me get this out of the way first:
"Wasn't this intended to be a game to be done within 2 weeks?"

Answer:
Yes, indeed.
But before the second week ended we had pretty much all our "must have" goals fulfilled already.
Because of this we decided to tackle ALL our "optional goals" as well because things were going really smoothly.
Cres finished all of her work (must have + optional) 2 days over the initial "2 week deadline" and returned to working on Deathblight RPG ever since.
Thus no damage is done since we're financing the extra work on this project purely with our own private money.
(as a random note: we've been financing this project largely with our private money, only Cres not working on Deathblight RPG for roughly 2 weeks is the sole reason why we hand this game out to all 5$ upwards Patrons, but everyone else was payed using our own money)

Also none of the team members currently working on the Francesca Mini Game have any work to do with Deathblight RPG.
Ultimately this means that Patrons will get an even bigger, better game in the end, at no extra cost.
So I don't think this should be a problem at all.

As for the optional goals:
Almost everyone on the team is done reaching all their must have + optional goals.
(in some cases they are 90% done, in other cases they are done already)
The bulk of the work is finished and we've been putting everything together in the game, so after that is done, what's left is testing and balancing stuff out.
We basically expect to have a demo for selected Patrons in the next couple days.
(high tier Patrons get the demo first, and then we make it available for more and more Patrons from there)
Since the game is more refined and has more content than we originally planned, we thought about selling the game on multiple platforms once it's done.
So you don't have to support us on Patreon to get your hands on the game.
(yes, as I mentioned above, we plan to hand it out to 5$ Patrons upwards)
There will also be a public demo going along with the game release, so you can try the game out first.

With that question out of the way, on to the actual progress report!

Boxman finished the tileset and finished work on almost all the enemies in the game.
(I think only one is missing, as well as some polishing here and there)
Zhuan finished the writing and is currently in the middle of implementing it into the game.
Blade is currently implementing all the graphics into the game, as well as doing some testing and polishing wereever possible.
Illustrious was too busy with his real life job, so we had to hire another composer to get music done in a short time frame for this Francesca Mini Game.

Basically, we hired OverCoat to get the music done, you can listen to some of his previous works here:

Depending on how things are going, we might release another progress report before the release happens.
After all we're intending to deliver a polished product, so please be patient.
We hope you're looking forward to it!
For those who're a bit more in the know, OverCoat is a musician that's worked on titles like Katawa Shoujo before, so we're super stoked to have him working with us!

A sample of the work that he'll be bringing to our game is as follows:

https://soundcloud.com/pardessus%2Fgutter-groove
Anyways, see you all in a week or two for the next update.

- Regris

OP
Regris Kallen

Regris Kallen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
>Say a week or two
>It's been about a month

Well, sometimes that's just how game development goes. But we do have a working build now, so there's that to show off. I'll include what Wolf wrote with the screenshots as well~

Fran_screenshot_1.png

Progress report number 8:

Ealier this week, the team has finished all the work on the game which we decided to name "Dark Alley Elf".
What's now left to do is testing the game, bugfixing, as well as balancing some things out.
For this purpose we also handed a test version of our current build out to higher tier Patrons on monday, and we continue to push out more builds throughout the week until the release is ready.
(please note that some content is still locked due to bugs and balancing adjustments)
(the second build has also been pushed out today)

The screenshots you can see above are ingame screenshots of the current build.

As you can see, we tried out a new hentai system by blending in a screen wide CG and a 3 lanes system for progression of the CG.
Depending on which "obstacle" you hit, the CG will advance in specific directions.
(basically, it's not a linear progression but different things happen on the CG depending on which obstacle was hit)

I think that it's for the best when people see this ingame themselves, so I'll stop here.
One of the upcoming blogposts will be announcing the release date of the game.
There will also be a public demo release alongside the release of the full version of the game.
So you can look forward to that one!
Fran_screenshot_2.png

Anyways that's it from us. As was said above, we're currently working out the bugs and balance issues with the game, and then we'll be going through and adding the story segments and final polish. I hope you're all looking forward to it!

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I'm liking a lot of how this is turning out, especially this this hentai system as it reminds me of paperhead which I found very fun to get the animations while not killing myself. Be keeping an eye on this (y)

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Game is out, shame there's no sprite sex but oh well.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I don't know anything about the gameplay, but the h-previews look pretty good.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Since the game is now out, please create a new thread in the H-Games section with an appropriate OP. Thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.