What's new

RPG [Alicesoft] RANCE X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well, were to start to explain what's going on.

-The game is composed of four fronts, Leazas, Zeth, Helman and the free cities alliance, all of them got blitzed by Kayblis, who took advantage of the desert (yes, the same desert you use in Kichikuou Rance to blitz Helman and Zeth) Lia, Magic, Sheila and Copadon were unable to do anything beyond bickering, so Rance took the chance to claim command of the war effort, thus becoming the current leader of humanity.
-So far looks like JAPAN isn't directly invaded and simply sends their soldiers to support Leazas and the free cities, Agireda is the lowest commander supporting Leazas.
-Rance can support one front each turn, doing dark lord hunts and send military support. both options serve to reduce the damage the supported front receives and hunting the enemy commanders (both monsters and Dark lords)
-Silky and Hawzel work for Kayblis, most likely blackmailed in exchange for Hornet's safety.
-There is a good chance the current hero will have a role to do, since the game tracks how many humans got killed by percentage (at 10% escude can be used, at 30% it pierces the invincibility field, at 50% the hero is stronger than the demon king, at 70% with all dark lords dead he can harm gods)
-There are confirmed defeat scenes, at the very least for the Custom girls and Magic, no word if the defeat of a front means game over or the game continues. It has been suggested that the ending can vary depending how you fight, though.
-Every turn you can use meal tickets to get scenes with some of your characters
-The group is composed of the leaders (the ones you control in battle) with all the other recruited characters adding to the stats, so technically everyone is fighting.
-The war started before Rance got wind of what was going on, so by the time he takes charge of the human realm, Helman got trashed badly, the screencaps show Helman with more than half of their soldiers already killed.
-Kesselring and Babolat command the Helman invasion
-Medusa and Galtia command the Zeth invasion
-In leazas, apparently the one in command isn't Silky, Hawzel or Lexington, but the monster general Joseph.
-Pi-R and Lei command the free cities invasion.

The rest haven't been shown yet, so either they support the invasion in Zeth or the free cities, remain in the monster realm, or have gone solo (Seizel is suspect of this)

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
holy shit, this game is looking to be massive. i REALLY want to actually play this and not just fap. i hope an english effort is made.

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

These are the main strategy panel and the quest panel, in the first one you can check the overall situation in the world, the second one shows you the current situation in Helman, while the third one is a demon extermination mission.
The demon extermination mission will be explained in the next post in the Alicesoft blog, but so far a few things can be mentioned, like the choice shown, between focusing on hunting Galtia, or visiting a town for events (recruiting characters and H-scenes, I guess)

In this part is shown how you give meal tickets, in exchange for something (scenes? power ups? maybe both)

No idea what this chest is giving exactly, some people consider it's the characters themselves, while the stats below them may suggest a power up.

This is the party screen, where you choose the party leaders.

And last, but not least, Rance pulling his usual stunts

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
that last picture. FFF that outfit is sexy.

Zer0xChan

Reputation score
Looks like it's out now on Sukebei. Been awaiting this one for quite some time

PrivateEyes

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Man, it somehow makes me really sad that this is the last Rance game. I hope in the future, there will be eroge characters half as badass as Rance.

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
No one can make rape and forced sex this badass. He owns more girls than we can count.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
"NTR" is just the bad ends and really isn't NTR at all, just the people Rance cares about getting raptured and (captured/raped) as a consequence of losing some very specific fights under specific conditions, but by then Rance is either dead or not relevant to the scenes at all (as in, you never see his reactions and it's a game over right after the rape scene)

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Rance is more likely to NTR other ppl. Heck, some girls he ntrs from other guys will come back to him regardless.

dark1193

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
these are the times I wish I'm japanese :(

when will they release rance 8 eng patch btw?

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Personally saw the CG gallery of rance X and... it seems very lacking. I have to say that I hope that they add more cgs to the game in the future, because it would feel very incomplete as the grand endings if it only has this.

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Personally saw the CG gallery of rance X and... it seems very lacking. I have to say that I hope that they add more cgs to the game in the future, because it would feel very incomplete as the grand endings if it only has this.
Gotta agree it is very underwhelming looking in the H department but I hear the story and gameplay is good and hopefully we get an expansion like magnum that adds more H. Also weird with who all got H scenes ad who didn't like they just chose randomly.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
ill post here what i posted in anime-sharing since this is more active user count wise.

this looks like the final bad end of the game. the demon lord and a TON of big name girls are about to be violated, but come the fuck on. no actual penetration scenes with him.

i just want to know if kouhime was actually put in bad end because it looks like it could be her in the bottom left, but her hair style is a little off. color seems to match.

(edit: yup, it's kouhime. looking at her hair style, 2 bangs in the front and 2 ponytails. that's her alright.)

shame only Sheila Helman has a pregnant bad end CG. who knows if any of the other girls get pregnant bad ends by story though. we'll have to wait for people to enjoy the game and then give us their thoughts.

i want to play, but i always fear that the complication of team building and moonspeak would just hinder me from progressing. does any one know if certain girls have to be in the team at certain levels again to get their NTR scene or can i just lose?

so reading the wikia. Medusa actually likes to kill who she rapes when she's done or during the act. her snake penis eats their organs and in the CG set, you can clearly see a dead girl missing an arm and some organs coming out her vagina. and side. makes it safe to assume that risna is a death scene along with rape scene.

if any one finds a walkthrough to trigger NTR scenes, i'd really appreciate it. not knowing japanese is gonna make it difficult to know when to add units in.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
double posting. last post was discussion. this post is a bit of a awlkthrough

This is the main screen of the game. pretty limited so far. you can check the stats of the ongoing battles, but i have yet to understand this.

simply click on the top right button to progress the story.

This is the map movement screen. you simply press the big button on the center right to progress on the map. there are events based on the tiles you step on. Hearts are H-events, monsters are enemies. chest are just like drops and you have to choose 1 thing to take. you can choose which path you want to go if there is a fork in the road. the paths are color coded so you don't accidentally choose the wrong way.

Be sure to save at the forks. some forks could be bad ends

you can bring up the menu in the bottom left to save and load.

This is the battle start screen. you simply press the red button to start.

Red health is the enemies life bar. Your health is the Blue bar.

Fights cost AP except for some basic attacks that deal low damage. you can spend ap do deal more damage or use support spells like heal. ending your turn with the red button on the bottom right restores 2 AP or you can use the blue to spend 1 ap to raise your defense.

be smart, adding lots of powerful units means nothing if only 1 character is being an ap hog. the further you are into a chain of attacks, the more damage you will deal. so use low ap attacks then finish the turn with a big hit to get bigger numbers for turns you want to go all out.
The Sword above the red bar is the enemies. it shows how many times they will attack in their turn.

you can switch in and out units by clicking on the top most button of the bottom left section. switching units has a cooldown. indicated by the 13 turns until i can switch again. a switched out unit can't be used in a fight.

skills ramp up on ap the more you use them in a row. some skills reset if you skipped a turn using them, while others stay high. i noticed support skills don't reset while offense do.

You can be buffed and debuffed by allies and enemies.

After a victory screen, you are SOMETIMES rewarded with a chest that drops random cards. you may choose ONE card to take not only units, but it seems like material / equipment can drop too. the first boss has a hand that comes as a drop. due to lack of japanese. i'm not choosing it to guess what it does.

the chance to drop a chest is % based. you can raise this percentage by overkilling. that overkill % is converted to drop chance. there are more ways, but i haven't figured it out.

To enter the team edit screen, simply press the big button at the bottom right of the map movement screen. Once you are done editing. hit the bottom right X button to close the editor. no need to save the edit.

only one member of a kingdom can be on the team at a given time.

i will update as i play and as users find new information.

Last edited:

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I plan to wait till the entire franchise is translated, then play it in order...it will be a long, hard wait.

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score
So this characters-randomly-drop-from-chest mechanic took inspiration from gacha I suppose?

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
This is the last Rance, right? End of an era.
It's the last "new" game of the Rance series, however this won't be the last game, they are gonna rework most of their games and I'm truly hoping the rework of kichikuou rance, which is the best or the second best depending on which did you like the most, sengoku rance or kichikuou.

And there is the possibility that while the "canon Rance" ends, they could make spin-off or IF games too.

Well I don't think that the series will die soon.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
aside from kanami. does any one know of any attack sealers? there is a boss that insta-wins if he gets 4 chargers off. kanami can seal 1 attack at random, at a 70% chance. so it's possible, but the odds are against you. having a second sealer would help so much. to many units to test.

edit: beat the mountain giant. found a second sealer and it came in clutch. this was my team. kanami and the one to the right of her were sealers. boss didn't do damage, it was just his insta-lose condition that got me.

has any one found a reason to choose a duplicate of a card? if it's anything like gatcha's, dupes are always needed lol.

so who's the father...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.