What's new

RPG Fantia Active [raredrop100] Yume no swimmer

Walrusface11

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Probably ramping up for the release of the demo version. He did say he was going to release it first on Fantia in February and then DLsite in March.
Still got a day xD

Garif

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i dunno i can see his twitter just fine, but nothing new has been posted since 2/17 and it wasn't even in regards to Dreameater.
Only followers he accepted can view his tweets, maybe you do follow him.

thedoc90

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
He's posting on ci-en fairly consistently so he's definitely still working on it.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score
He's working on it, but I think the 'Shame' of missing another stated deadline, and not wishing to take in the hate mail is setting in. I too know the follow of going "It should be out by X!"...only a month or two later and it's still not out and people are scratching their heads because you made poor judgemental errors on your own skills and ability's.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
He's working on it, but I think the 'Shame' of missing another stated deadline, and not wishing to take in the hate mail is setting in. I too know the follow of going "It should be out by X!"...only a month or two later and it's still not out and people are scratching their heads because you made poor judgemental errors on your own skills and ability's.
You're probably on the money here - and from some of the things Raredrop posted on Twitter i.e. asking about PNG compression, I think they might have a pretty big problem i.e. the size of the game, and DLSite having limits on the size of demos. There might be somewhat too many character customisation options, and they're not implemented in a particularly space efficient manner - at least as of the last demo. For example, each skin colour comes with a full set of base pictures (as opposed to e.g. recolouring the image on the fly). I seem to recall that there's also issues with the layering system that's used (i.e. I think the body + clothes are on the base images - this is something you see in some games to avoid issues with fades; it's a brute force solution, and if you're varying body skin tone as well you get a huge number of base images).

I believe I said something similar before, but I suspect that there might be some technical debt to repay on this project.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
OP not up to standard, requires gameplay description. PM Me, Darkfire or Jesus with an updated OP or when you have updated the OP.

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
@super_slicer,
pretty sure there's still no demo that has gameplay representative of final product. Iirk the ones so far were more of PoC with different things (like dungeon explore or a couple of events). It's been a while since I've checked, so maybe other people from the thread can correct me.

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Yes there isn't yet a demo for the final version, the only one we had got is still the V0.50/51
Tho Raredrop is still making the game, the only reason they didn't release the demo was because a last minute major bug in the game so they need to fix it before launch of the new demo.
They had post it on their twitter and Ci-en.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I'm updating the OP and could use about 3 pictures and a half-decent gameplay description

DarkMist67

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Dunno if its just me but it seems his Ci-En page is either down or gone, and since his tweets are protected I cant see what might be going on. Anyone have some insight on this?

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Don't worry, he does that all the time, he is working on the user manual of the game. He will be back to hospital to do some regular checkups in the next weekend as well.

DarkMist67

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ah okay thanks, I knew he protected his tweets sometimes, but this was the first that I saw his Ci-En go down so I was wondering what happened there

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Ah okay thanks, I knew he protected his tweets sometimes, but this was the first that I saw his Ci-En go down so I was wondering what happened there
Well, he did mentioned that he would wipe blogs when his game (atleast a functional demo) is close to ready to come out, he did that serveal time already. The main game itself was planned to be launch as Auguest this year, and he seems able to keep up with the timetable.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
From somewhat following him on twitter it'll either be the greatest hgame ever or the most broken one. Potentially both.

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
that's why it's taking long to release the demo,i don't think the release iwll ocme in august,we are close to july.

thedoc90

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah his Fantia is gone too, this is one of many such incidents. Raredrop is a somewhat eccentric individual in my experience.

cezul

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So

I don't mean to be THAT GUY

But where can one get a link to the functioning demo?

I don't feel like signing up to Twitter to get access to this. Facebook and VK are already enough social media for me, sheeeeeeit.

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score
You can't he took down even the fantia links.
Tho I am uploading my backup files form the earliest 0.1 to the latest 0.51a.
Hold tight.