What's new

Recipe Thread

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Recalled this from a previous incarnation of the forum. Did a search, didn't find it, so I thought I'd recreate it: A thread for the forum's assorted food-makers (or just people who have an inclination to share one) to post food recipes. NOTE: Any recipes added by me likely would not be considered "healthy", "vegan", or "organic", but they have usually had good reception. Such as:

Cheesy Beef Couscous:

1 lb. (453.6g) ground beef; cooked (We tend to cook the meat sprinkled with onion powder.)
1.5 cup (354.9mL) boiling water
1 beef bouillon cube
.75 cup (67.43g) uncooked couscous
1.5 cup (181g) cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt & pepper to taste

In a large saucepan, dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water. Add ground beef; heat until boiling again. Turn off heat & add couscous; stir & cover saucepan. Let sit 5 mins. Stir. Add salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle cheese on top, cover & turn heat on to low. Heat until cheese melts. Serve. {Poster's Note: Usually make about 4 servings or so.}

Hamburger Stuffed Bread:

1 unsliced loaf, white bread (French or Italian)
1 lb. (453.6g) ground beef (cooked)
1 Tbl. (14.79mL) vegetable oil, if gr. beef is lean.
1 tsp. (5g) salt {Poster's Note: use less if using sea or kosher salt.}
.25 tsp. (1.25g) pepper
1 Tbl. (14.79mL) Worchester sauce
1 can Cheddar cheese soup {PN: Use two if using Campbell's soups}
~8 ounces (226.8g) shredded cheddar cheese

Cut bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out inside of both halves, forming a crust shell. {PN: Leave about half an inch (1.27cm) "edge"} Tear removed bread into small pieces. In a saucepan, mix in all ingredients except bread pieces and cheese. Simmer 4 or 5 minutes. Mix in bread pieces and fill crust shell with meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Bake on cookie sheet (or heavy foil sheet) in oven at 350F (176.67C) for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm as open-face sandwich. Serves 4.

Cheeseburger Chowder:

1 lb. (453.6g) cooked ground beef
4 medium potatoes, chopped; or 32oz (907.2g) southern-style hash browns
1 beef bouillon cube
1.5 cup (354.9mL) water
1 can cheddar cheese soup {PN: Use 2 if using Campbell's brand}
1 (soup) can milk
2 Tbls. (18.93g) cornstarch

Add beef, potates, bouillon, and water to pot. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender. (~15-20 minutes, usually) Stir in cheese soup. Add milk and stir well until blended. Mix cornstarch in a cup or small bowl with a small amount of water (~.25 cup ((59.15mL)) or so.) until cornstarch is dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture to soup. Simmer a couple of minutes to thicken. Serve warm. {PN: Usually around 6-8 servings. Does well reheated.}

Last edited:

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Recipe Thread

Guess I'll share one of mine!

~LENNETH'S SUPER DUPER ULTIMATE CRISPY PIZZA~

INGREDIENTS:
-Water
-Flour
-Salt
-Sugar
-Tomato Sauce
-Mozzarella
-A roll of goat cheese
-Baked ham
-Cheese cream (Philadelphia and simillar)
-A small brick of single cream
-Oregano

HOW TO DO IT:
On a wide wooden surface, pour flour and move it so it resembles a small mountain, then make a hole on the center, as if it was a volcano. Pour a handful of salt on it, then pour water in the middle. Collapse the "volcano" towards the center, mixing the flour and the water with both hands with circular movements directed towards the center, until you got a sticky paste.

As you keep on mixing with both hands, pour some more flour on the paste from time to time. Eventually, the paste will form a ball, and when enough flour is poured, it will stop being sticky. Once it COMPLETELY stops being sticky, pour some more flour on the wood surface and extend it all over it. Put the mix on top of it, and use a rolling pin to give it the shape you want. Pull off chunks of the mix or not depending on how big you want the pizza to be. Don't press it too thin, let it be slightly thick, because it'll be a rigid breadlike base and it can break if it's too thin.

Once you have the desired size, shape and thickness, roll the outer shape inside a litte in order to make the borders of the future pizza. Now for the ingredients, in this order:

.Cheese cream (use a spoon to extend it all over the surface).
.Tomato sauce (same as cheese cream). Don't put too much, or it'll break.
.Pour a salt at your own taste, then a bit of sugar (It'll kill the tomato's acideness).
.Mozzarella.
.Pour some single cream off the brick, mking sure it extends all over the surface.
.Cut the roll of goat cheese and put as many pieces as you like.
.Baked ham. In slightly big pieces, if possible.
.Pour some oregano all over the pizza.

Now put it on an oven-capable plate (Not on the grid directly) and turn on the oven at 250ºC for ten minutes. Once the oven is already hot, you can put the pizza in. After 15 minutes approx deppending on the oven size and shape, you'll have a crispy, creamy, and full of flavor pizza, for cheap.

Enjoy!

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Sadly, I only have one item that I make completely "from scratch". I like to dabble but it mostly involves at least one ready made mix, but I think I can contribute this item at least.

Quick Egg Sandwich

Items Needed: Frying Pan w/ Lid, Spatula (or Similar Item), Bowl, Small Cup, Butter Knife

Ingredients: Two slices of white bread (wheat probably is just as good if you're really picky :p ), two eggs, butter, one slice of cheese (White American, American, or Swiss. Pre-sliced melts best, despite being lower quality than self cut) , salt, pepper, water.

Steps:

1) First prepare by getting all ingredients and utensils ready, in an easy place to reach, where you won't knock anything over.

2) Have the eggs cracked in a small bowl before you begin. Have the cup full with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of water.

3) Slice off about one pat of butter (about 1 cm wide from a stick, or equivalent) to grease up the pan by melting it. Don't push it around, just let it get warm then slide it around by tilting the pan. When there's just a small pool of butter in the pan, wait till it starts to bubble, then add the eggs.

3) Sprinkle Salt and Pepper over the eggs to your general preference, then use the spatula to pop the yolks.

4) After about a minute, pour the water into the pan in an area free from egg (IE, not on top of the egg!), then *quickly* put the lid on the pan.

4) As you wait for the egg to cook, get your slices of bread ready on whatever plate you will eventually eat them on. First,*lightly* butter them. Too much will make the sandwich soggy if you aren't careful, but just a little bit helps spread the flavor around. Put the cheese on one of the slices. Personally I put it on the bottom so the sandwich compresses it and helps it melt, then flip it when eating so the mess isn't on the bottom.

5) After two or three minutes you can check to see how well the egg is cooked. If you carefully lift the lid and are starting to see black around the edges it's about done. Use the spatula to fold the egg in the pan into a square about the size of your bread, then carefully transfer it over. To achieve best melting of the cheese compress the sandwich a bit.

Note: Toasting the bread first is also a popular option, as is adding bacon.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And here's another one from me:

Macaroni Beef Saute:

1 cup (115.9g) uncooked macaroni
2 Tbl. (29.57mL) olive oil
1 can (333.5mL) tomato sauce
1 cup (236.6mL) water
.5 tsp (2.5g) garlic powder
1 tsp (5mL) Worcestershire sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese (Optional)

In medium skillet, cook and stir macaroni and oil until macaroni is light yellow. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally. {PN: about 20 minutes} Uncover and simmer, if necessary, until sauce is desired consistency. Serve. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.

By shoutbox request, a second recipe:

Sausage Rice Scramble:

2 cup (421.1g) cooked rice
1.25 cup (286.9g) cooked bulk pork sausage
.125 tsp. (.468g) onion powder
4 eggs
.75 cup (177.4mL) milk
.5 tsp. (2.5g) salt
.125 tsp. (.468g) pepper
1 cup (120.7g) shredded cheddar

In large skillet over medium heat, combine rice, cooked sausage, and onion powder; heat through. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; add to rice mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and serve. Yields 4 servings.

Last edited:

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Nunu's Special Jerk Sauce

1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup finely chopped scallions (spring onions)
4 scotch bonnet peppers or 6 jalapenos (with seeds)
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon salt
Pinch of garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process on the liquefy setting for 2 minutes. Pour into a jar and refrigerate until use. Jerk sauce will last indefinitely as long as it is covered and kept refrigerated.

Make large batches to last all year. Goes on pretty much anything, but works best as a marinade for meats and fish (leading to awesome gravy). Some of my friends are hopelessly vegetarian though and they just drink the stuff because they live in a world without flavour.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Here's kind of a "framework" recipe, something of a favorite for my family:

Taco Puffs:

1 envelope taco seasoning
2 tubes large refrigerated biscuits {PN: American definition, the type is an example. The Flaky varieties don't work for this.}
2 cups (241.3g) shredded cheddar

Mix ground beef and taco seasoning according to package directions. Flatten half of the biscuits into 4 inch (10.16cm) circles; place on greased cookie sheets. {PN: Four "circles" to a sheet seems best.} Spoon 1/4 cup (57.37g) meat mixture onto each. Top with 1/4 cup (30.17g) shredded cheese. Flatten remaining biscuits; place on top and pinch edges to seal tightly. Bake at 400F (204.44C) for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 "puffs".

As my family quickly discovered, it's pretty easy to tweak this one to produce other options. Replace the taco seasoning with pizza sauce, the cheddar with mozzarella, and the ground beef with your favorite pizza toppings: Suddenly, pizza puffs. Or you could get hamburger puffs by replacing the taco seasoning with your favorite burger toppings. Granted, some might work better than others, given the bake time.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

More recipes.

Sloppy Joes:

1 lb. (453.6 g) cooked ground beef
.5 cup (118.3 mL) ketchup
2 Tbls. (25.14 g) brown sugar
1 Tbl. (15.67 g) prepared mustard

Place ground beef in skillet. Mix ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard, then add to ground beef. Simmer for at least ten minutes. {PN: The longer, the better. Of course, be careful not to overdo it.}

Leftovers are good either cold, served warm with corn chips or tortilla chips, or even added to spaghetti sauce. Another option for the sauce would be to use barbecue sauce. {PN: Memphis-style is my personal favorite for that method.}

Texas Beef Skillet:

1 can (15.5 oz./439.4 g) chili beans
1 cup (210.6 g) rice {PN: Do NOT use Instant Rice}
2 cups (473.2 mL) water
3 Tbl. (31.94 g) chopped green peppers (Optional)
Shredded Cheese

In a skillet, combine ground beef, undrained chili beans, uncooked rice, water, and chopped peppers if using. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and serve. Serves 6.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

White Chocolate Cheese Cake with Raspberry Sauce:

Crust
1 1/2 cup ladyfinger crumbs
4 ounces white chocolate
5 tablespoons unsalted butter

Filling
18 ounces white chocolate
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Ganache
8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Raspberry Sauce
12 ounce pack of frozen raspberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice

Make the crust:
In a food processor or blender, combine the ladyfinger crumbs and the white chocolate and process until the chocolate is finely chopped. Blend in the butter. Wrap the outside of a 9 inch spring form pan in aluminium foil. Press the crust into the bottom of the pan and up the sides of the pan. Chill the crust.

Preheat the oven to 275F. Set a shallow baking pan filled with how water on the bottom rack of the oven.

Prepare the filling:
In a double boil, melt the white chocolate and cream with the cream over hot not simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, eggs and Vanilla. Beat in the white chocolate cream. Pour into the prepared pan.
Set the cheesecake on the center rack and bake for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 250F and bake for 1 more hour. Without opening the oven, turn off the heat but leave the cake in the oven for 1 more hour. Cool the cheesecake on a rack for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile make the Ganache:
Place the white chocolate in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream and butter to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Let the ganache cool to room temperature.
Pour the ganache over the cooled cheesecake and spread it smooth. Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Meanwhile make the Raspberry Sauce: Drain the berries in a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl; press gently on the berries to remove as much juice as possible. Transfer the juice to a small saucepan and simmer until reduced to about 1/3 of a cup. Return the reduced juice to the bowl and stir in the sugar and orange juice.

To unmould wrap a hot towel around the pan, then remove the sides of the spring form. Garnish the cheesecake with fresh raspberries. Cut into wedges and serve with the Raspberry Sauce.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Baked Banana Pudding

Pudding
150g unsalted butter (softened or room temperature)
150g Demerara (or raw) sugar
3 medium eggs
2 very ripe or over ripe bananas (normal bananas will do), peeled and mashed
150g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Toffee Sauce (I sometimes find these could be a touch moister and double the amount of toffee sauce):
50g unsalted butter
50g Demerara (or raw) sugar
3 table spoons golden syrup
125ml whipping or double cream

Heat the oven to 180 degrees C for a fan forced oven (200 degrees for non-fan forced, or gas mark 6).
Grease six individual 200ml pudding moulds (I normally do it in 4 deep bowls. It’s really much the same but larger portions)

First make the sauce:
Melt the butter in a pan with the sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves (I often find it just becomes a bubbly paste but as soon as it is no longer granular it should be done).
Add the golden syrup and cream, simmering gently for 1 minute. Remove from heat.

For the puddings:
Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy (if you don’t have an electric mixer it can be done by hand, it’s just harder and while fluffy is ideal, the real goal is to thoroughly combine them. If you shortcut having warm butter, placing the bowl in a sink full of warm water warms it up nicely while you mix.)
Add the eggs and the bananas and beat well to mix.

Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into the mixture until evenly incorporated. (Firstly, sifting flour and baking soda together is all well and good but I often find mixing is enough as long as you make sure to avoid lumps of baking soda, which will just taste disgusting (also because self-rising flour is a mixture of flour baking powder in 1cup:1teaspoon, you can go 2:1 self-rising flour and plain flour). Secondly folding is done much like it sounds, the flour is on top and you scoop up one side of the mix and push it on top of the other. The goal is to mix it without knocking the air out which will make it heavier)

Put 1 table spoon of the toffee sauce in the bottom of each mould (if you did extra sauce to 1 ½ table spoons if you did 4 moulds instead of 6 I’ve often found you still run out of toffee but read through this all first and do some math, it’s not the fancy baking here).
Then divide half the pudding mix between all the moulds, followed by another layer of toffee.

Put the rest of the pudding over the previous layer of toffee and then finish it off with the rest of the toffee (accidentally having too much extra toffee left over can still be spread over pudding. If it’s a ludicrous amount extra just have it on ice cream later)

Bake for 20-25 minutes until the puddings are golden and spring back when lightly pressed. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for a few minutes, then turn out and serve warm. (I find they go very well with ice cream, in fact because I cook them in bowls I will normally just put ice cream in the bowl and serve wrapped in a tea towel to protect the holders hands.)

Notes
Although this is not one of my doom recipes, there is a danger with it. While it ideally turns out quite light, it is incredibly filling and putting this much into less than 4 portions can often be literally painful, I know, I’ve tried. You can always microwave them the next day, there not as good as fresh from the oven but there still very yummy.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Two more from me.

Speedy Beef Hash:

1 tsp (3.746 g) onion powder
3 c. (603.3 g) frozen hash browns, thawed {PN: Cubed-style. O'Brien style works too}
.5 tsp (2.514 g) salt
.25 tsp (1.257 g) pepper
.5 c. (118.3 mL) taco sauce
.5 c. (60.33 g) shredded cheddar cheese

In skillet, mix ground beef, hash browns, salt and pepper. Cook & stir over medium heat until potatoes are lightly browned. Stir in taco sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and cook until melted. Yield: 4 servings.

Smokey Beef 'n' Beans:

.5 tsp (1.873 g) onion powder
12 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled
2 cans (16 oz. [453.6 g]) pork & beans
1 can (16 oz. [453.6 g]) kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 can (16 oz. [453.6 g]) butter beans, drained
1 c. (236.6 mL) ketchup
.25 c. (50.28 g) brown sugar, packed
3 Tbls. (44.36 mL) vinegar
.5 tsp. (2.464 mL) liquid smoke
.5 tsp (2.514 g) salt
.25 tsp (1.257 g) pepper

In a slow-cooker, stir together all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings. {PN: Works quite well when served on rice.}

sup12up

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

3 tbsp mascarpone
1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 chicken breasts, skin on
4 slices prosciutto
splash olive oil
juice of half a lemon

Method

Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Mix the mascarpone with the rosemary, garlic and seasoning. Place the chicken breasts on a board and lift, but don’t detach, the skin. Put a spoonful of the mascarpone mix under the skin of each breast. Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each, as neatly and tightly as you can, to keep the filling enclosed.

Heat a non-stick frying pan, add the olive oil and quickly brown the chicken on both sides. Transfer to a roasting tin, then finish off in the oven for 15-20 mins until just cooked.

Add the lemon juice to the roasting tin and stir over the heat, scraping off any crispy bits. Spoon the juices over the chicken and serve with potatoes and green beans.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bit of a thread-necro, but got one I just tried that turned out pretty well even with having to make a couple of modifications. Spoilered because image.

Pizza Knots:

I strongly suggest the use of a dipping sauce, by the way. Personally, I'd go for a spicy cheese sauce, but a marinara one wasn't too bad. I suppose other options could work as well.

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Looks good, but about how much of the initial ingredients (for the garlic butter stuff) did you use?

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, to be honest...

I used two of those Garlic Butter sauce containers that come with Papa John's pizzas. I guess I'll need to math things out. Also ended up using about half a package of bacon bits, the kind normally used for salad topping, instead of pepperoni.

As for the dough... Just used a tube of the Pillsbury pre-made Pizza Crust, which did cut the prep time, since there wasn't rising involved. May try a crust mix next time to compare.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

*nod* No big on the substitutions, just that they don't exactly tell you how much to use in the picture, just "do this, do this, do this." Although knowing about the Pillsbury helps. A lot.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Recently tested two recipes, both turned out well.

Cheeseburger Pitas

1 tsp (3.746 g) onion powder
1 cup (210.6 g) rice
8 oz. (226.8 g) tomato sauce
8 oz. (226.8 mL) water
2 tsp. (9.858) Worcestershire sauce
.5 tsp. (2.514 g) salt
.25 tsp. (1.257 g) pepper
2 cups (241.3g) shredded cheddar cheese
4 pita breads, halved

Combine ground beef and onion powder in a skillet. Add tomato sauce, rice, Worcestershire sauce, and water to skillet and stir together. Add salt and pepper, then bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir in cheese and cook until cheese is melted. Spoon mixture into the eight halves.

Yield: 4 servings, serving size is two halves.

Ham & Cheese Cornbread

1 cup (170.3 g) cornmeal
1 cup (99.37 g) flour
.25 cup (47.91 g) sugar (optional)
4 tsp. (14.98 g) baking powder
.5 tsp. (2.514 g) salt
1 cup (236.6 mL) milk
1 egg
.25 cup (59.15 mL) olive oil
12 slices of thin-sliced deli ham
6 slices of sliced cheddar

Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, egg, and oil. Beat until fairly smooth. Pour half of the batter into a lightly greased, small rectangular pan. Layer half of the ham carefully onto the batter in the pan, followed by the cheese, then the rest of the ham. Top with the rest of the batter. Bake at 400 F (204.44 C) for 20-25 minutes.

Yields: 8 servings.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And another one tested:

Chili Dog Spaghetti:

6 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced.
1.5 tsp. (5.619 g) onion powder
.5 tsp. (1.873 g) garlic powder
.25 tsp. (0.9365 g) pepper
1 Tbls. (14.79 mL) olive oil
2 cans, one 26.25 oz. (744.2 g.), one 15 oz. (425.2 g.) spaghetti
1 can, 10.5 oz. (297.7 g.) chili without beans
1 cup (120.7 g.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided.

In a large skillet, saute the hot dogs, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper in oil. Add the spaghetti, chili, and .5 cup of cheese. Heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Yield: 6-8 servings.

I'm going to be working on doing some more cooking for my family here for a bit, maybe once per week or so, testing recipes out. I'll likely post the ones that we decide are good.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Here's one that my mother does sometimes and often gets good reception:

Sugar Jumbo Cookies:

1 cup (220 g) shortening
1 cup (191.6 g) sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. (4.929 mL) vanilla
2.25 cup (202.3 g) flour
.5 tsp. (2.144 g) baking soda
1 tsp. (5.28 g) salt

Mix together first four ingredients, then add remaining three. Bake 8-10 minutes at 370 F (187.78 C).

Variations: Add 12 oz. (340.2 g) package of baking chips (butterscotch or peanut butter) to dough before baking. Can also be used to make chocolate chip cookies by cutting sugar to .75 cup (143.7 g) and adding .5 cup (100.6 g) of brown sugar, as well as 1 cup (179.8 g) of chocolate chips. Very tender if made with cake flour rather than all purpose flour.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wagon Train Pasta:

3 c. (362 g) uncooked wheel pasta
1 egg
.5 tsp (2.514 g) salt
.125 tsp (.3943 g) minced garlic
.125 tsp (.3512 g) coarsely ground pepper
.5 lbs (226.8 g) ground beef
2 Tbs. (22.48 g) grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbs. (15.08 g) seasoned bread crumbs
1.5 c. (354.9 mL) meatless spaghetti sauce
1 cup (120.7 g.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the egg, salt, garlic, and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, mix gently.

Crumble beef mixture into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until heated through.

Drain pasta; place in serving bowl. Add beef mixture; sprinkle with .5 cup mozzarella cheese. Toss until pasta is well coated and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Yield: 5 servings.

NOTE: When I tested this, I made a slight change. Instead of putting the pasta into a serving bowl and tossing to coat, I put it in a pot and mixed the sauce mixture in, much like trying to do mac-n-cheese. Turned out well. Also, the garlic and pepper amounts might need adjusting to taste.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Switching style, due to apparent complaint about lack of sense...

PB&J Spirals:

1 tube (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
8 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
8 teaspoons grape jelly
.25 cup chopped unsalted peanuts (optional)
2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar

Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Spread 1 teaspoon each of peanut butter and jelly on wide end of each triangle; sprinkle with peanuts. Roll each from the wide end and place point end side down 2 in. (5.08 cm) apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Curve ends to form a crescent shape.
Bake spirals at 375F (190.56C) for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve warm. Yields: 8 servings.

NOTE: While the original recipe calls for the peanuts, I made the test pass without, and they turned out alright. For four adults, it ended up being 2 spirals per, so may have to adjust. Also, I put cooking parchment between the spirals and the baking sheet. Made serving them a bit easier, plus cleanup was also easier, since the jelly in particular kind of baked out.