OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Recipe Thread

Returning to this thread with a family favorite.

Bacon Cheeseburger Rice

1 lb. ground beef
1&3/4 c. water
2/3 c. barbecue sauce
1 Tbs. prepared mustard
2 tsp. dried minced onion
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 c. uncooked instant rice
1 c. shredded cheddar
5 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled

In a large saucepan oven medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion & pepper. Bring to boil. Stir in rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat; cover & simmer 5 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Yields 4-6 servings.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

This is my recipe I've come up with for potatoes that just taste fucking delicious, imo. I'm not sure if anyone else has ever cooked potatoes like this before, but I've never heard of it if they have.

Mind Flayer's Special Cooked Taters:

4-6 large baking potatoes (brand doesn't really matter, just make sure they're large potatoes that are about 1-2 lbs each, unless you don't mind using a bunch of smaller potatoes instead)
4-5 sheets of Reynolds nonstick foil (about 12-16 inches in length give or take, or any nonstick foil would work too I guess, and one packet equals one serving really)
1 chopped/diced onion (or more if you like onions)
1 stick of butter, or get a bowl of butter spread, brand doesn't really matter so just pick your favorite, be it Country Crock, Blue Bonnet, etc...

First, preheat your oven to 400-500 degrees F, just so it's good and hot for when you get the rest prepared.

Peel and chop the potatoes into half inch wide and thick squares, give or take, size doesn't really matter That much, but try not go over an inch in diameter so they cook properly. Chop and dice your onion, or onions if you want more in with your potatoes, and set them aside for when you get the rest prepared. Take one sheet of the foil, dull side up after laying it out onto the kitchen counter, table, etc... then drop a pile of the potatoes into it, say about 30-40 potato chunks give or take onto the foil, or more as you desire, spread as many of the diced onions into the pile of potatoes as you like after that. Drop on a scoop of butter, or a bit from the stick of butter, though I just use a scoop of butter spread, and not stick butter myself cos it tastes just as good in my opinion. After you have the butter on top of the center of the pile, sprinkle as much salt and ground black pepper onto the whole thing as you like, and then take the foil and pull it up end to end with the dull side facing inward with all the potatoes, onions, etc, and roll it downward, then roll up the open ends on either side.

Repeat the piling of the potatoes and whatnot, until you run out of them and sheets of foil, and then put the potato and onion filled packets of foil onto a pan, and pop into the oven for about an hour or so, longer if you like your potatoes to get a bit browner, but try and not go longer than 2 hours at the very most.

Once an hour (or however you desire between 1-2 hours) passes, take them all out and voila, they're done and ready to be eaten with whatever else you cooked, be it steaks, porkchops, hamburgers, etc.

Alternatively you can use regular foil, just spray the dull side with Pam cooking spray prior to dumping the potatoes and onions onto it, but nonstick is best.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Realized that I'd done something recently that turned out quite well, and forgot to mention it on here...

ShadowWolf's MEATBREAD Variant

2 tubes of pre-made pizza crust dough (NOT THIN CRUST STYLE This is important!)
1 lb of ground beef
1 lb of sausage
5 strips of bacon
Mix of cheeses (Originally used straight cheddar/mozzarella, planning to use a "fiesta-blend" next time.)

Brown both the ground beef and sausage, using onion powder and garlic powder, then drain the grease. Heat oven up to recommended temperature on the dough packaging. Spray a baking sheet with butter-flavored cooking spray, and roll out one of the pizza crusts on to the sheet. Layer sausage, cheese, ground beef, and more cheese. Chop up bacon strips and put those on top. Unroll second pizza crust and place over the first crust and pile of ingredients. Seal the edges and cook according to the crust packaging. Let cool for five minutes, then slice into eight chunks and serve. Reheats reasonably well.

NOTE: If you do like my family, and brown several pounds of ground beef ahead of time and freeze, then you only need to reheat one pound of the ground beef, which will simplify the preparations. We have not tried a similar method with sausage, so not sure about that...