What's new

Recommended Upload service

flintlocked

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Name should explain my question, As my mediafire was deleted I had to remove a majority of the links I had in the thread of RPG Maker games list's. I would like to reestablish those files before I do the job of updating with the new games. My question to you folks is, Which is the most reliable when it comes to not having content taken down as I'd rather not have to keep re-uploading games in an endless loop. No payment based sites I'm not interested in and I want a modern update of which site is in your opinion best not one of years or months out of date.

Last edited:
W

Wolf624

Re: Recommended Upload service

Name should explain my question, As my mediafire was deleted I had to remove a majority of the links I had in the thread of RPG Maker games list's. I would like to reestablish those files before I do the job of updating with the new games. My question to you folks is, Which is the most reliable when it comes to not having content taken down as I'd rather not have to keep re-uploading games in an endless loop. No payment based sites I'm not interested in and I want a modern update of which site is in your opinion best not one of years or months out of date.
MEGA ( )

+ Allowed Adult Content
+ Great Speed
+ No Wait Time
+ Great with Chrome
+ Works with Firefox with Extension ( )
+ No Captcha
+ Encryption
- Poor Compatibility with other Browsers (Opera, IE, Firefox w/o Ext.)
- Requires Chrome to Download Files (or Firefox Extension)
- Requires Latest Flash (Firefox w/o Ext.)
- Can only download files less than 100MB (Firefox w/o Ext.)

Rapidshare ( )

+ Allowed Adult Content
+ Good Speed
+ No Wait Time
+ No Captcha
- All Files are Private by Default
- Copyright Infringement is a Automatic Lock on Account
- Limited Downloads
- Account can't be inactive for 90 days

Uploaded ( )

- Don't Allowed Adult Content
- Very Slow (50-70 Kbps Cap)
- 30 Seconds Wait Time before Downloads
- 180 Minutes Wait Time between Downloads
- Captcha
- File must be downloaded before 180 days since the last download

Last edited:

ZeroGhost

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You could also try Dropbox ( )

You get 2 GB of online storage space wich you can easily increase to 3-4 GB by sincronizing with Facebook and Twiter.
Also you get 500 MB for each friend you invite up to 16 GB

If you make an account using my refferal link you will get 500 MB extra from the start.

I am using Dropbox for some time now and i am quite happy with it.

Last edited:

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

4shared seems pretty good, but I don't really know about their policies. :confused:

iwantgame50

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

depositfiles is a good service, but needs wait some time to download a another file.

leatherhead333

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I upload a bunch of music on another site and i've faced a similar problem you have.

Mediafire is probably the fastest and easiest place to download and upload stuff. However recently they have been cracking down (HARD) so unless you password protect stuff it gets deleted quick now.

Personally i use zippyshare for small uploads. It's super easy to use and you don't even have to have an account (it makes it easier if you do though so you can keep track of all your stuff).

As far as i know it's not possible to get your account banned just links deleted. Most of the time the only way links get deleted is if there has been no download from the link in 30 days which is pretty fair i'd say.

For bigger files Mega works just fine and i've actually only had one file deleted before.