What's new

Remakes of old cartoons

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
Lately it's becoming a thing. Only a few so far are pretty good, but sometimes I think they crossed the line.

I don't know, what are your thoughts about this. Don't you dare hold back. >:3

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
The new thundercats was pretty good. I don't know why they canceled it.

Probably wouldn't bother watching the others tho.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
When they never understood why the cartoons were good, they will fail to emulate the good parts and just drop a steaming turd that nobody wants
When a cartoon or remake is good, it will eventually lose all writers that knew what made it good, and then it falls into mediocrity or gets cancelled. Sometimes they never knew what made it good to begin with and just got lucky, but this is practically every cartoon's lifecycle

Not that any of them are encouraged to be good anyway. The age of the television is over, and many families today don't even own one. So why would they put in the effort?

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
When they never understood why the cartoons were good, they will fail to emulate the good parts and just drop a steaming turd that nobody wants
Because what made them good will probably be seen as offensive and problematic for children. Just look at us, we all turned out to be killers, rapists and other degenerates... -__-
The age of the television is over, and many families today don't even own one. So why would they put in the effort?
Not yet. Television is still doing somewhat decent, people that were raised with it are still around and often stick to it.

I don't expect many new series being decent for our generation, we are mainly at that age, when all new stuff is never going to be good. Doesn't mean it isn't mainly shit xD

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Not yet. Television is still doing somewhat decent, people that were raised with it are still around and often stick to it.
I grew up with a vcr, gen 1 playstation, and Nintendo 64 in a lower-income house. Which, y'know, was the bulk sum of a messy divorce and a single mother trying to raise four children on her own while working. Friday nights were movie nights, and the rest of the week was a mix between wrestling and whatever else was on at the time. Admittedly, I grew up with Power Rangers in Space, Teletoon's dub of Cardcaptors Sakura, and a few other shows. Ah, thems were the days...

Nowadays, cable stuff is hit and miss. Despite earlier apprehensions about him, Gordon Ramsay has grown on me. I've also taken the leap into watching Fear the Walking Dead, although I missed a majority of it for reasons. Wrestling is worse than I remember, or I've just outgrown it and that's kind of sad. Basically, I only watch a few shows on cable. I would assume such is a similar case for many. When your network has to adjust their content for a minority, you kind of start wondering if it's worth running the show through tv or just putting it on the net. Unfortunately, everyone has a streaming site nowadays...

I don't expect many new series being decent for our generation, we are mainly at that age, when all new stuff is never going to be good. Doesn't mean it isn't mainly shit xD
I haven't watched the old Voltron, so my experience is primarily biased; but, the new series has been good up to the last season. Admittedly, the big reveal coupled with how the most recent season has ended were a bit meh, but I'll still watch it where I can. I'll add that the Daredevil series and Luke Cage were good, but Jessica Jones didn't get good until David Tennant showed up. Iron Fist outside the family drama with the antagonists was pretty bad. Defenders was passable, if nothing else.

The rest of the shit I've seen online has really been between "meh" and shit. Hell, STD (Star Trek: Discovery, although the show is as about as entertaining as a venereal disease) is more a cash-in attempt to pull in new viewers who were fans of the Abrams films (I thought they were shit, Wrath of Kahn, The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country, and First Contact are the only good films) while insulting the nostalgia-driven fans of the series. It's like NBC didn't bother going back and watching TOS, TNG, DS9, and seasons 3&4 of Enterprise to get why people originally enjoyed the franchise.

I mean, that's the majority of remakes nowadays, anyways. Empty attempts at "cashing-in" on nostalgia while bashing the original fans and trying to cultivate a new generation. Also,

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
That's the least female looking supposedly female character I've ever seen. Do girls not have boobies anymore? Sure would be a shame if that were the case...

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I mean, that's the majority of remakes nowadays, anyways. Empty attempts at "cashing-in" on nostalgia while bashing the original fans and trying to cultivate a new generation. Also,
Her design aside for a second.
Look at the shitty quality of that whole thing. This pretty much says it all. Just wait to see until it get's cancelled (assuming it's a series) due to stupidly low toy sales and low interest in the franchise.
That's the least female looking supposedly female character I've ever seen. Do girls not have boobies anymore? Sure would be a shame if that were the case...
Apparently, they do not.

marvelJustin

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I didn't watch most of the new remakes, maybe a little of the thundercats, some of the teen titans, I rate them at "meh". But if they try remaking ed, edd n eddy, they better do one HELL of a good job and get Danny Antonucci to work on it. I watched the OG from the 1st episode all the way to the shows finale/movie, and that was the shit when I was a kid.

TL;DR CN/Other Studios, please try and not fuck it up