What's new

Retro-thread

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The internet is the perfect time capsule. Especially for those who vaguely remember odd commercials they had seen as a child.

I think 90s commercials were more entertaining than recent ones. But I just wanted to ask, what old memories or nostalgia has the internet brought anyone?

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Retro-thread

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

My god, I remember those. Especially the Life Savers one. My favorite are always the 90's cartoon theme songs.

(Net's being a pain, but if some of the shows mentioned in the comments are shown here, then I know this is a good vid to put up. Apologies if it's sucktacular *laughs*)

Edit: Watched it on another comp. Read the side wrong, but some of the ones they picked, I can thoroughly get behind, especially since as soon as #10 came on, I immediately started singing along.

Last edited:

Wrath

Lurker
Reputation score

Quite so. Not exactly fun theme songs, but still nastalgia nonetheless.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Flight of Dragons!!!!!!!! I love that movie! Makes me cry every single freaking time I watch it!

And truth be told, this doesn't have to just be 90's stuff. It's just...nostalgia. Considering I grew up a child of the 80's, I'm more inclined to remember TMNT, Smurfs, D&D, Mr. T., Muppet Babies, *tries to think of all the cartoons flipped through as a child* Had a bit of a blast from the past the other day. Found an old C.O.P.S. VHS at a rummage store. Part of me wanted to pick it up. I still might go back and get it *laughs* Problem is, it's part 1 of 2, and they dont' have the other one. Blah.

And, lest I forget, what kid didn't want to be (At least in the heyday, hehehe.)

Last edited:

Wrath

Lurker
Reputation score

To be totally honest, I am amazed anyone else would identify that off the bat XD
Same thing happened to me a few months ago, and went on a hunt for movies like this.

Team nostalgia, report'n in!

If anyone has any objections to me spamming this thread to death with images, just let me know XD

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, you're using spoiler tags. I've got no issue with it, personally.

And you wanna talk fun searching? Friend and I went crazy bonkers trying to find the name of this ice cream thing they had when I was a kid. Finally found it. It's called Vienetta (I'll never forget now) and that stuff was the freaking bomb, I tell you. Choc or Vanilla ice cream with these thin little chocolate layers in it that crunched, omg. They don't make it any more here in the states, but I wish to god they did!

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Wrath

Lurker
Reputation score

Heh well I figured it would make my image dumping less of an eyesore.
Touche' there. Lol I was never much of an ice cream kid, and most of my frantic nostalgia searches have been based off games or movies.

To Incubus, I must say FFUUUUUUUU... I now miss my sega...

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, the original Nights into Dreams. I had to search for that one for a while. My friends had a Saturn, but I didn't know them until college (which was late 90's) I grew up with Nintendo, though I did have a game gear.

I remember being intrigued when came out.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

, which sucks, because I loved this series. Hell, I still have toys somewhere in my labyrinth of a basement.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Eh, you're using spoiler tags. I've got no issue with it, personally.

And you wanna talk fun searching? Friend and I went crazy bonkers trying to find the name of this ice cream thing they had when I was a kid. Finally found it. It's called Vienetta (I'll never forget now) and that stuff was the freaking bomb, I tell you. Choc or Vanilla ice cream with these thin little chocolate layers in it that crunched, omg. They don't make it any more here in the states, but I wish to god they did!
We still have that ice cream in Britain :D

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

we's got vianetta down here to, although it used to be quite cheap, within the past few years the prices have sky rocketed.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I'll just deposit this link here. I must have sat here and surfed intros for HOURS.

Does anyone else remember the Super Mario Brother Super Show? And the Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon?

OP
Antithetical Inquiry

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Ah, Felix the Cat... Anyone recall the brief remake of the cartoon around in the 90s, that was sillier than the originals?

And, lest I forget, what kid didn't want to be (At least in the heyday, hehehe.)
I never got to watch Captain N, only Super Mario and just the slight bit of the old Zelda cartoon.

Though, now that I think about it, it would be a treasure trove for Nintendo to dive into; Playing as Captain N going through the different worlds of the Nintendo franchise? It could be their answer to Kingdom Hearts, though it might be a licensing nightmare...

Also I noticed an odd series I never seen before in the themes that I looked up: Cybersix. Anyone recall this one?

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This.

Wrath

Lurker
Reputation score

Beetle Borgs? How about Fox Kids in general before it was taken over by the heartless For Kids Entertainment company...?

A few videos to add here...

lol that was a slightly bigger dump than I expected...

On a related note, who else remember those stupid phone caller cards...?
Like a credit card for a pay phone.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

I remember how Sailor Moon and Sonic the Hedgehog would be on the USA network at around 6 or 7 AM.

And this kind of shit would play on EVERY commercial break.

Mostly her, but some other hacks pawning off the same nonsense.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

We still have that ice cream in Britain :D
we's got vianetta down here to, although it used to be quite cheap, within the past few years the prices have sky rocketed.
And that's why I hate you both. Although I knew it was still available over in Britain. And unfortunately, it was never cheap here in the states, really, so I could only get the 'rents to buy it every so often.

Thanks for Retrojunk, Chibi...here's my contributions...

You know the cue...

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

WAIT! WAIT! We can't forget !

2/3 of the videos don't work on that page. Bloody copyright wankers, now I have to look for them >.<

You know the cue...
I don't know a single kid who grew up when that was on that doesn't at least know the tune. Hell, a lot of kids who DIDN'T grow up with it know the tune, thanks to the ones that did.

(sound level sucks, may need to simply turn up your speaker volume)

Last edited: