Re: Retro-thread

Go Gadget Go!

*This message will self destruct.*

(The movies made me cry :( )

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Danger Mouse (funny how I knew *all* of those before even clicking on the links...) got me my own TV in my room because I wanted to watch the british superspy and my father would have none of it, so it was "Fine! Here!" and he got me this ancient tube and hooked the cable up to it for me, hehehe.

I still remember when I brought the DVD home. "Dad! Dad! Guess what I found at work today! You'll love it!" *Has it set up on the bigscreen in the family room* It was fun watching my father swear, heheheheh.

Also, if we're going that route...

I only saw this *much* later than when it originally aired, but as a kid, loved it! (So un-PC now, but what isn't from back then? *laughs*)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Never watched Dangermouse, but I remember Count Duckula. Those were all on those quizzes I posted, too. Well except for Lancelot Link that is. If you don't want to take the quiz you can just play the clips by the way.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Talk with a friend today about the Tron sequel that's in the works made me think of this stuff. Or rather, reminded me to post this, because I've been thinking about this for a bit.

Remember when and were cutting edge in the newest video technology?

And when a debut from MJ was noteworthy news?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah I remember that, it was back when MTV actually had music on it. Honestly the only thing I don't miss from the 80's is having to roll my jeans

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Friends and I were talking the other night and he goes "Yeah, I watched [some random sci-fi movie] on MTV the other day." "Wait, what?" "I watched..." "On MTV." "Yes." "M.T.V? Music television?" "Yeah, they finally admitted that they're technically no longer MTV." "About damn time."

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Cappy

Reputation score

This thread leaves me teary eyed sometimes....

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I recently got to watch again.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

[Double-Post Resurrection!]

It suddenly occurred to me, as I completed downloading a video that was approximately 1.2GB, that the computer I grew up with had 64KB of RAM, and could store up to 1MB on a 5.25" floppy disk. In short... it was this computer:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

It's reasons like this that I had my mother tape "The Net" when I saw that it was on TV. I really want to see the differences between now and then when it comes to hacking and the like.

Myself, I had an Apple IIC to get me started and hooking it up to an actual TV to get COLOR GRAPHICS HOLY SHIT!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I didn't have a computer when I was younger since it was too expensive, I do remember having two computers like that for the entire 300 student body at school though.

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

i remember telling a joke on how the walmart servers ran on dial up at my work. half my co-workers didnt know what dial up was.....

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Did anyone else here envy the shit out of this kid in the 80's?

I still want a luck dragon. :(

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes.

I do have a luck dragon. If you count my 24 year old stuffed animal that is. Yes I still have stuffed animals and yes I am a complete dork.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Holy crap, I was nomming a Triscuit and suddenly remembered from a VHS tape that my family made of the movie when it played on TBS in the late 80s.

Suddenly nostalgia'd so hard.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Double-post, but I wasn't sure where else this could go: I suddenly remembered a rather traumatizing movie from my childhood called " ." I saw it on cable television a few times, and it scared the piss out of me each time (metaphorically). Anyway, I went to look it up and found that summed up, with little embellishment, why this early work of anime should be considered a crime against the children of the 80s.