What's new

RPG [HO_Works] 回転切りのセイラセカンド / Spin Around Sayla Second (RJ185865)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: 回転切りのセイラセカンド (Spin Around Sayla Second)

I wonder, why does the author of this game takes so long to make an update? He only released this game with few parts and few scenes. Then they expect us to buy this game, huh?
Here's my reasonably arguable interpretation:

I am the ultimate "I don't care when it's out as long as it's out" type of person, even tho myself release a patch every month while a lot of people out there say it's one scene every two months, but regardless, I am not the type of person who puts pressure on people to release shit, I've been waiting for Yummy's game PATIENTLY for 3 years, when it's out, it's out.

Now, I also supported and made an elaborate thread regarding the author's first game asking people to purchase it, I purchased it myself and wrote a walkthrough for it. The first game was updated almost every 2/3 days for a month straight!

With that being said I ALSO bought the second one, however the second game while it got a few previews on future content, blonde hair etc. it never got updated to that point. The game received 3 small patches in a week's span, and then further development was ceased.

It's been months and nothing came out, his blog hasn't been updated, it felt like he took the money and "ran", this felt absolutely like spit to the face.

I think the author got tired of patching his games and quit, I did wait for a patch and I still regularly go through my DLSite purchase list and see if anything gets updated although people at my forum in a joking way say that once I purchase a game on DLSite, that game never gets updates. This happened because there were a few games that kept being updated like RJ163898 which got to 1.10, and I was like, well this is really cool from the author, I'm going to purchase the game to show my support, as soon as I do it, THE GAMES STOP GETTING PATCHES.

Obviously there's no correlation but it's nonetheless curious and funny. But staying on topic, Kaiten Sarah 2 hasn't received a patch since 1.1.3, this was on October 10, 2016! Safe to say, no more patches will come out, and I lost all the trust I had in the creator, and I for one won't be buying his next game if it ever comes out until I'm sure he puts in work.

Piracy can work a few ways, there's no moral high ground here but you can either 1) pirate a game because you're broke, 2) pirate a game to make sure it's good and if you like it, you purchase it afterwards to support the creator or 3) you buy the games outright because you can and you trust a company.

In this case I went from 2, to 3, to not buying the games because I don't trust the guy anymore, it's a shame, I was really supportive of him and a fan of his work.

Anyway just my 3 cents, not 2 cause that was a freaking wall of text.

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I am the ultimate "I don't care when it's out as long as it's out" type of person, even tho myself release a patch every month while a lot of people out there say it's one scene every two months, but regardless, I am not the type of person who puts pressure on people to release shit, I've been waiting for Yummy's game PATIENTLY for 3 years, when it's out, it's out.

Now, I also supported and made an elaborate thread regarding the author's first game asking people to purchase it, I purchased it myself and wrote a walkthrough for it. The first game was updated almost every 2/3 days for a month straight!

With that being said I ALSO bought the second one, however the second game while it got a few previews on future content, blonde hair etc. it never got updated to that point. The game received 3 small patches in a week's span, and then further development was ceased.

It's been months and nothing came out, his blog hasn't been updated, it felt like he took the money and "ran", this felt absolutely like spit to the face.

I think the author got tired of patching his games and quit, I did wait for a patch and I still regularly go through my DLSite purchase list and see if anything gets updated although people at my forum in a joking way say that once I purchase a game on DLSite, that game never gets updates. This happened because there were a few games that kept being updated like RJ163898 which got to 1.10, and I was like, well this is really cool from the author, I'm going to purchase the game to show my support, as soon as I do it, THE GAMES STOP GETTING PATCHES.

Obviously there's no correlation but it's nonetheless curious and funny. But staying on topic, Kaiten Sarah 2 hasn't received a patch since 1.1.3, this was on October 10, 2016! Safe to say, no more patches will come out, and I lost all the trust I had in the creator, and I for one won't be buying his next game if it ever comes out until I'm sure he puts in work.

Piracy can work a few ways, there's no moral high ground here but you can either 1) pirate a game because you're broke, 2) pirate a game to make sure it's good and if you like it, you purchase it afterwards to support the creator or 3) you buy the games outright because you can and you trust a company.

In this case I went from 2, to 3, to not buying the games because I don't trust the guy anymore, it's a shame, I was really supportive of him and a fan of his work.

If you go to his bug report report section, he answers question. It is sporadic as best, I believe his last post was last month.

naruto95

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Firstly, all you are saying is correct. I don't trust him either.
"I don't care when it's out as long as it's out" You know? I say the same thing. It's just that I'm sick of waiting for this game in particullary. I am always checking his page and DLsite to see if there are any news. I know I can just get the Fuck out of here but damn, I can't leave this game. I really like this game. -.- This is one of the few games I like so far :/

"Piracy can work a few ways, there's no moral high ground here but you can either 1) pirate a game because you're broke, 2) pirate a game to make sure it's good and if you like it, you purchase it afterwards to support the creator or 3) you buy the games outright because you can and you trust a company."

To tell you the truth, I always pick number 2. I like to see and ask myself if this game is worth paying? Then, if it's worth for me, I buy the game to support the author. It would be fair for the author.
HO_Work, I don't know what the hell is he doing. Maybe he ran away like you said. It's a shame because the game is awesome. The scenes are awesome too. Not all game have those type of scenes.

Cailveh

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Firstly, all you are saying is correct. I don't trust him either.
"I don't care when it's out as long as it's out" You know? I say the same thing. It's just that I'm sick of waiting for this game in particullary. I am always checking his page and DLsite to see if there are any news. I know I can just get the Fuck out of here but damn, I can't leave this game. I really like this game. -.- This is one of the few games I like so far :/

"Piracy can work a few ways, there's no moral high ground here but you can either 1) pirate a game because you're broke, 2) pirate a game to make sure it's good and if you like it, you purchase it afterwards to support the creator or 3) you buy the games outright because you can and you trust a company."

To tell you the truth, I always pick number 2. I like to see and ask myself if this game is worth paying? Then, if it's worth for me, I buy the game to support the author. It would be fair for the author.
HO_Work, I don't know what the hell is he doing. Maybe he ran away like you said. It's a shame because the game is awesome. The scenes are awesome too. Not all game have those type of scenes.

I really don't understand that usual concern about piracy. I mean, it's not because "only" 1 million people paid for the game\movie, but 10 million are watching\playing, that necessarily you would have 10 million people paying for it if piracy was impossible.
On the contrary, I really believe that if it wasn't for piracy, you would get less than 1m people paying, because piracy has made a lot people really famous.
Those who argue about piracy being a bad thing are the ones who have not so good products, but are able to make a really good marketing, like Illusion games.
People buy them because it SEEMS good, but then you get something "meh" that ends in a few hours... by piracy the companies have to work hard to develop real good products, and then people pay for them with no regards.

extrembusters

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

let's hope he didn't abandon and that he just has some problems with the game or something else because the last message from him was on the 24.03.2017 on the bug report site. This is a very good game and it would be such a shame to not complete it.

naruto95

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, we must have faith on this. Maybe he has some issue and can't update the game for now. In fact, it's rare finding games liek this one. There are others but like this one, never.
let's hope he didn't abandon and that he just has some problems with the game or something else because the last message from him was on the 24.03.2017 on the bug report site. This is a very good game and it would be such a shame to not complete it.

OP
D

demon418

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The dev replied on his forum and said the update is close.

名前: HO Work 2017/05/15 (Mon) 03:51:10
更新が近いです。

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

That's some really good news! Definitely looking forward to this game being completed so that I can finally play it.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes, really good news :)

Can't wait for it!!!

naruto95

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Interesting . . . Hopefully he can finish this game for real.

The dev replied on his forum and said the update is close.

名前: HO Work 2017/05/15 (Mon) 03:51:10
更新が近いです。

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

If you go to the forum and google translate it, you can see the "update is close" post was from a fake account who was just trolling. :(

naruto95

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

WTF!?

OP
D

demon418

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well that sucks.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well that smashed those hopes and dreams into pieces. What a bag of dicks...

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok now... reallly?...
That is just... infuriating...

ggthnx

Reputation score

Would anyone happen to have a new link for the translation for this game? The old link doesn't seem to contain anything? tried both winrar and 7zip. Both getting error messages trying to unzip. Thanks!

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

when i try to download..
Ok then I upload what I have #!GpA13L5S!ZBEmnOprRReF5zIgBn3xUh_ed0MuHjutVlDXGXCpuZs

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

when i try to download the translation for this game from that guy signature, i got this "File no longer accessible" message.
could someone share the translation for this game?
The link got reported by some Japanese legal site and the file was deleted.

Gonna re-upload it tomorrow when I wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.