What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ113935] Mirielle - Medichine & Magic

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

In the spirit of American Thanksgiving, I'd like to share my translation of the wonderful RPGMaker game Mirielle - Medichine & Magic v1.3. Everything should be done - the main story, UI, equipment, skills, etc- with the exception of the h-scenes due to technical difficulties [EDIT** Technical issues are now solved].

ULMF Topic: here

-Story-
Her search for five mythical reagents (the medichine) has led her to this human town - Mirielle, the elven girl on the crux of adulthood.
However, relations between man and elf are at an all-time low, and war seems imminent. Forest elves have been chased out of their homes, and subjected to various indignities.
Between her quest, the men who lust after her innocent body, and the brutal monsters with their animalistic desires... many difficulties lie ahead of her.
Help Mirielle find allies and solve the mysteries surrounding her.
Aspiring to attain her independence, Mirielle's adventure begins.

-Features-
  • Time cycles: Morning, afternoon, evening, etc. that effect enemy types and NPC schedules
  • Weather cycles: similar effects to the above, but also effect battles/favored elements in battles
  • Multiple tiers of spellcasting and status effects for expanded strategies
  • Very developed equipment system so you can adjust a characters' strengths to your playstyle
  • Clothing destruction/restoration, and even unique battle strategies because of them
  • Many, many hidden treasures, boss enemies, and other goodies. I've yet to find them all myself.
  • Over 30 erotic scenes, with 26 unique base CG's. Counting variations, it's likely numbering in the hundreds.
  • Options to shorten scenes you've seen before (not just skip), or even turn off h-scenes entirely.
  • Playthrough stats, great soundtrack, multiple endings, and New Game+

I think it's quite the game, if you can't tell already.

One last note, please support the developers so they can continue making great games like this one. You can purchase the game here:

Listen to the high-def soundtrack here:

Lastly, check for a gallery of screenshots.
Now please enjoy the game!

Attention: The awesome Requestee has cracked the case, and further translation is now possible (much obliged). Therefore, the work will continue at some point.

Patch updated to v1.01. Crash Issue Fixed.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ113935] Mirielle - Medichine & Magic

Thanks to kR1pt0n1t3 for getting the ball rolling on the partial translation, which this patch was first built around, Sorter, and z3r0nx for the awesome clock/calendar toggle, which I rolled into this release.

Also, I can share the RPGTrans files upon request, but I'd like to ask for constructive feedback regarding translation or help with the encryption issue, if possible. I'm still what you'd call an 'enthusiastic beginner', probably for both programming and Japanese.

Thanks!

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

In the spirit of American Thanksgiving, ...
it just happened to be done now, wasnt it ?

nah, jk.
It's a wonderful suprise we've gotten here, and you sure have our gratitude.
I have'nt played the game so far, looking forward to playing something that seems to be "quite the game" :D

so, thanks again, and i'm hoping to see more of your work eventually.
(don't feel pushed or pressured tho, just try to have some fun with what you're doing ;))

PS: clickable ulmf link : http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=22175

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is awesome!
To be honest, it was one of the games I was thinking of picking up after Mizuna, but always postponed it because of the H-scene encryption thing(like oneone1 games...), glad someone else liked it as much. Many many thanks, hope you find a workaround for the H-scenes, this game is really well made and worth a complete translation.

rtkamb

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's feels like Christmas in November.

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, this is a very good surprise indeed. Too bad for the h-scene untraslated, I hope you'll find a way to bypass the difficulties.
Anyway, good job! :D

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow, nice to see this finally translated.

It's been one of my favorite games.

Let's hope some picks up and translates the h-scenes now.

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I can not extract the files, writes - "unknown compression method"

Nidjo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I can not extract the files, writes - "unknown compression method"
What application are you using? I had no problems with 7zip.

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What application are you using? I had no problems with 7zip.
I tried to use and 7zip and winrar, re download file itself, unzip it on another laptop, all other .7z .rar .zip archive files work fine, so I don't know..:confused:

ps. don't mind me - tried unzip it on another computer an it works. Don't know what happened with it..

pps. Thanks for translation Etory!

Last edited:

Nidjo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Removed link since Etory uploaded a new version of the patch.

Last edited:

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That's uh... super weird. I just dl'd it and the file extracted fine. :s

Try this, I hope Etory doesn't mind, I zipped the original archive and uploaded it again.
Yeah your file work fine for me, thanks for effort =)

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thank you for the translation.

AlexDark94

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Cool! One of my favourite games is translated!
Thank you, Etory! :):)

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I got super excited to see this translated, but then I noticed the H-scenes aren't done. :( I'm one of those snobs who can't bring myself to play a game if the h-scenes aren't done. I really want to play it too but I know it's not the same with not being able to read h-scenes lol Still I'm really thankful for the translation. Hopefully someone picks up the h-scenes.

Reputation score

with the exception of the h-scenes due to technical difficulties.
Etory: You posted about this problem on another forum and I said I would look into it. I figured out a solution and posted it but I'm unsure if you saw it, so here it is. Rather than PM I figured I'd let everyone know how it was done so if a similar problem arises in the future, people can look here.

You mentioned that the h-scene files were compressed in some way using Zlib and the game decompresses and reads the files line-by-line as the scene plays. You also said you got the game to spit out .txt files containing those lines, but couldn't get them re-compressed after editing so the game could use them.

The solution was so simple it was deceptive. There was no need to crack the encryption at all when we can simply go around it.

What I did was comment out all the zlib compression bullshit and just had it read from the "extracted" files you sent me, line by line. Then all I had to do was edit a simple text file and the scene's text was changed. If I wanted to, I could even edit the graphics and music in the scene using special tags.

Below are specific directions for Etory on how to translate the h-scenes. Spoilering it so it doesn't take up everyone else's screen space.

Open the project in RPG Maker VX Ace and open the Script Editor. (If you somehow don't have a .rgss3proj file to open, you can use RPG Maker Decrypter to generate one, or just copy it from a new project, it's the same for every game)

Navigate to the script "[Miriel] テキスト" (near the bottom). CTRL-F "def _readFile" without the quotes. Replace that code block with the following:

Code:
     def _readFile(filename)
##Commented-out stuff is the original code.
#          filename.sub!(/\.txt/, ".mil")
#          File.open("Scenario/"+filename, "rb") { |handle|
#               crc32 = (handle.read(4).unpack("H*"))[0]
#               compressed = handle.read
#               crc32_compressed = sprintf("%08x", Zlib.crc32(compressed+"\0", -1))
#               if crc32 != crc32_compressed
#               raise "シナリオファイルの読み込みに失敗しました"
#               end
#               lines = Zlib::Inflate.inflate(compressed).force_encoding("UTF-8").split(/\n/)
#               return lines
#          }
          File.open("Scenario/"+filename, "rb") { |handle|
          lines = File.readlines(handle, :encoding => 'UTF-8')
          return lines
          }
     end

(you don't have to keep the old code but I highly recommend you do)
(make sure the whitespace is right, copypasting it may have screwed it up)

Then, simply place the extracted text files in the Scenario directory where the .mil files are, and translate the text within using a text editor. It will appear in-game because the scripts will read those instead of the .mil files. You can keep the .mil files if you want. Make sure the text files stay encoded in UTF-8 or you'll get an error.

Thanks for the translation, and I look forward to future work! :)

Miraggio

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

First at all, I wish to say a big thank you to Etory for this. You have my sincerest gratitude.

I have a small issue however. I searched in the old ULMF thread but it seems to be only mine and I don't know if it's translation related or what else.
When I go for the "Take care of your urges" choice, game crashes with this code:

---
Script 'Game_Interpreter #' line 1433: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass
---

Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance.

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks alot of the translation.
Will Definitely play.. but i must agree with rizo >:
Hopefully the H-scenes will come at some point :3

I believe!

Xilnold

Lurker
Reputation score

First at all, I wish to say a big thank you to Etory for this. You have my sincerest gratitude.

I have a small issue however. I searched in the old ULMF thread but it seems to be only mine and I don't know if it's translation related or what else.
When I go for the "Take care of your urges" choice, game crashes with this code:

---
Script 'Game_Interpreter #' line 1433: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass
---

Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance.
Having this same issue, so it's not just you.