What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ155863] - Sarah of the Rotation Cut v2.2.1 - Translation v2.3.2

TheTru3Sky

Reputation score
Okay, sadly my saves don't work for version 2.2 either. Guess I have to replay everything..

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Good job on the translation and additional content.. one request though..
Is there a way to make the combat less RNG bullshit? Its extremely frustrating, particularly since there are no levels, that even with max gear, the boss fights pretty much still come down to "can you win 10 coin flips in a row?"

Like either Rotating Kick being at least 80% effective -or- enemies not having a chance to recover early.
The seemingly low success rate AND the chance to recover early AND the seemingly endless healing AND single hits doing more damage than a potion can heal AND not even knowing how much hp an enemy has to you can SOMEWHAT strategize makes it a very unfun thing (rage posting after losing to Lullan for the 7th time).

Last edited:

brumson

Reputation score
Some bugs I encountered with the newest version

-Military Academy Aramis Scene 5 has 1 screen of untranslated dialogue

-In the recall room, Green Haired Pilgrim Inn 5 scene, one of the Gordon toggles isn't translated.

-Zomahofu Bath 3 scene crashes the game (undefined method for 'sp_cost')

-The gold field in the shop menu isn't aligned

OP
kR1pt0n1t3

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
@brumson
Some of the things you've mentioned I've already fixed, I just haven't uploaded the new version yet.

-In the recall room, Green Haired Pilgrim Inn 5 scene, one of the Gordon toggles isn't translated. <- Is now translated

-Zomahofu Bath 3 scene crashes the game (undefined method for 'sp_cost') <- I don't get this error. Are you sure you're playing 2.3 from scratch and not using some old save files?

Good job on the translation and additional content.. one request though..
Is there a way to make the combat less RNG bullshit? Its extremely frustrating, particularly since there are no levels, that even with max gear, the boss fights pretty much still come down to "can you win 10 coin flips in a row?"

Like either Rotating Kick being at least 80% effective -or- enemies not having a chance to recover early.
The seemingly low success rate AND the chance to recover early AND the seemingly endless healing AND single hits doing more damage than a potion can heal AND not even knowing how much hp an enemy has to you can SOMEWHAT strategize makes it a very unfun thing (rage posting after losing to Lullan for the 7th time).
I don't know why a lot of people have a problem with those fights. I just beat every single one of those NPC's on the first try on my last playthrough with no cheating.

Do you have the max level rapier? (version 11 is the best one)
Did you buy best def gear from the village and equipped it?
Do you have potions?

If the answer to all above is yes, then there is no reason you can't beat Lullan.

And to answer your question, no, I can't change the RNG combat without messing this up.
I could increase the change of stun when using Rotation Kick but I don't see the point.
Some of the fights should be harder to win and frankly, I like that the fights are as they are and I don't want to touch them at all.
Even with RNG not going in your favor, the fights are still doable.

Last edited:

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
@brumson
Some of the things you've mentioned I've already fixed, I just haven't uploaded the new version yet.

-In the recall room, Green Haired Pilgrim Inn 5 scene, one of the Gordon toggles isn't translated. <- Is now translated

-Zomahofu Bath 3 scene crashes the game (undefined method for 'sp_cost') <- I don't get this error. Are you sure you're playing 2.3 from scratch and not using some old save files?

I don't know why a lot of people have a problem with those fights. I just beat every single one of those NPC's on the first try on my last playthrough with no cheating.

Do you have the max level rapier? (version 11 is the best one)
Did you buy best def gear from the village and equipped it?
Do you have potions?

If the answer to all above is yes, then there is no reason you can't beat Lullan.

And to answer your question, no, I can't change the RNG combat without messing this up.
I could increase the change of stun when using Rotation Kick but I don't see the point.
Some of the fights should be harder to win and frankly, I like that the fights are as they are and I don't want to touch them at all.
Even with RNG not going in your favor, the fights are still doable.
The answer is yes: max everything.. still took 12 tries. You just happened to be luckier than most. The issue is that with a combat system so simplistic and RNG dependent, statistically, any two poor results in a row puts you in a hole you can't climb out of. Other games with similar systems compensate for this by having multiple levels of recovery; that is if you find yourself in a brink-of-death you can just use a bigger or max potion to top yourself back off and get back into the flow of the fight. Since this one only has the one potion, and it heals less than the enemy hits, 2 bad rolls in a row puts you at a significant disadvantage that you really can't recover from except hoping that YOU get 3 good rolls in a row. Since the players has no idea about enemy hp, and since a stun is neither guaranteed, nor its duration, the player really can't make any informed decision about that.

If you see no reason to change it, that's understandable, but I hope this clears up a lot of the frustration players are having.

brumson

Reputation score
@brumson

Yeah fresh game. Only happens in the game itself, loaded the file in one of the previous translations to get past it. From the recall room it plays fine but from the game itself it crashes (since its the final part and can be repeated). Its crashing right after the first pregnancy increase.

There's another bug and I'm not sure what causes it. Libido can get stuck and not increase in combat (which overall makes the game easier since the plants waste turns doing nothing).

For the new Peta scenes, the scripted locations are relative and if you initiate the dialogue from the top or bottom of the bed the sprites run through the wall/glitch.

After viewing the third new Peta sex scene (starts with standing sex), the old Peta scenes in the recall room get locked out.

Last edited:
OP
kR1pt0n1t3

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yeah fresh game. Only happens in the game itself, loaded the file in one of the previous translations to get past it. From the recall room it plays fine but from the game itself it crashes (since its the final part and can be repeated). Its crashing right after the first pregnancy increase.

There's another bug and I'm not sure what causes it. Libido can get stuck and not increase in combat (which overall makes the game easier since the plants waste turns doing nothing).

For the new Peta scenes, the scripted locations are relative and if you initiate the dialogue from the top or bottom of the bed the sprites run through the wall/glitch.

After viewing the third new Peta sex scene (starts with standing sex), the old Peta scenes in the recall room get locked out.
I found what the problem was with Zomahofu. It's fixed now. Once 2.3.1 is out, the fix will be released.

For Peta scenes I didn't account for that. I figured everyone would go to the middle of the bed and click from the right. I'll just put something there so the player can't even trigger it from those positions.

As for the libido in fights, I've never seen that happen ever. For this to even begin to investigate, I would need to know exactly which flower monster was in question when this happened.

Last edited:

brumson

Reputation score
I believe libido bugged occurred both in the initial set of clearing the fields as well as when the cave behind the temple opens up. Plants would do the spray attack and it would say libido increased by 0 and is (same amount). Its been a while but I believe using a libido changing item or changing it via a character unstuck it.

OP
kR1pt0n1t3

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Are you sure this above happens after one of the new scenes?

brumson

Reputation score

Are you sure this above happens after one of the new scenes?
It seems to happen after the third new sex scene (last one before they start repeating). I checked the recall room after each one. I'll upload a shot of the before and after. This save involved swapping between previous versions to finish Zomahofu 3 but the bug exists when using an unmodified save file (would just take longer to get the same screenshot)

Attachments

OP
kR1pt0n1t3

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It seems to happen after the third new sex scene (last one before they start repeating). I checked the recall room after each one. I'll upload a shot of the before and after. This save involved swapping between previous versions to finish Zomahofu 3 but the bug exists when using an unmodified save file (would just take longer to get the same screenshot)
I found what the problem is, gonna fix it tomorrow.

Basically, what happened is that the script I used for the standing sex is from the Sarah of the Rotation Cut 2 game and it uses variable 40 which in the first game is a variable for Peta's Progress and in the second game is used for something else. Upon seeing that event, the script changes the value of variable 40 to 0 which the results with all events disappearing from the recollection gallery.

I'll just have to change it to some other variable that's not used for anything and everything should work normally after that.

Upon looking into the libido thing, I think it's bugged because for some unknown reason to me the author made events for the libido save the value inside the character INT value and then back to variable 41... It's very weird... I never bothered looking into this more deeply but now that you mentioned it and I looked into it, it seems messed up something with the loops. I think he wanted to do something else with libido and then mid-way gave up and some things were left unfinished and sometimes(under certain circumstances) bug the libido event. I'll rework the whole libido event tomorrow to make much more sense. After that, I'll check if everything works as it should and then I'll upload a new version which will be compatible with save files from v2.3.

I forgot to mention it, but I do really appreciate you reporting all these things.
I probably would have never noticed half of those things you mentioned even if I played 10 times, so thank you very much.

EDIT:

I've uploaded the 2.3.1 which should fix quite a few bugs that were reported or that I found.
The link is inside the first post.

NOTE: The peddler race event still isn't finished. I'll probably finish it within next two days and gonna upload 2.3.2 then.

Last edited:
OP
kR1pt0n1t3

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The answer is yes: max everything.. still took 12 tries. You just happened to be luckier than most. The issue is that with a combat system so simplistic and RNG dependent, statistically, any two poor results in a row puts you in a hole you can't climb out of. Other games with similar systems compensate for this by having multiple levels of recovery; that is if you find yourself in a brink-of-death you can just use a bigger or max potion to top yourself back off and get back into the flow of the fight. Since this one only has the one potion, and it heals less than the enemy hits, 2 bad rolls in a row puts you at a significant disadvantage that you really can't recover from except hoping that YOU get 3 good rolls in a row. Since the players has no idea about enemy hp, and since a stun is neither guaranteed, nor its duration, the player really can't make any informed decision about that.

If you see no reason to change it, that's understandable, but I hope this clears up a lot of the frustration players are having.
I don't believe this is the case at all with the exception of two enemies I mentioned below.

You can't say I've been luckier than most in every boss fight after playing the game for like ~20-30 times.

And to say that two bad rolls in a row are like a death sentence is a such an overstatement that I don't know what to say to that.

The mistake you're all probably making is that once you stun the enemy you keep using the rotation cut until stun has passed away.

1. The way I fight is stun-stun until I manage to stun the enemy.
2. After stun, If I'm less than ~75%HP use potion.
3. If the enemy is still stunned next round, hit Rotation Kick again until I stun it again and reset the stun counter.
4. Then I hit Rotation Cut 1 or 2 rounds. Mostly only once and then spam rotation kick until next stun.

Sometimes I'll even keep spamming potions for like 5-6 rounds if I really get unlucky.

From my own experience from playing the game a lot of times from the start till the end throughout the years, there are only two enemies that are very tough to beat.

Lord Otias - This is the last boss which is very hard to beat. Depending on the outcome of this battle, there will be two endings.
Heavy Swordsman - The NPC above is surrounded by these NPC's and you will need a lot of potions if you plan on beating all of them one after another.

The merchant that shows up in front of the brothel at night sells very good equipment that would make all fights a piece of cake but if you don't know the exact way to get that equipment, he will cheat Sarah and swap the real items with a replica after you buy it.

He sells two sets of armors.
One is called Demon King Set and the other Holy Angel Set.
Inside each of the armor sets, you have a necklace, bracelet, ring, and a charm.
Every time you manage to buy a REAL set piece item, the merchant will put another set piece up for sale.

I've been meaning to revamp this whole event for a long time but I never could come up with a good system to make these items affordable but still hard to obtain.
There's a reason the original author made this "swap with real item" system in the first place. The armor and weapon items are just too OP.
Some of the items give 999DEF and 999ATK which means one item maxes the attack and defense and any attack would result in 0 DMG received.

I don't know what would be a fair but hard system to obtain items that make you invulnerable.
If you manage to obtain both of the armors sets, the merchant will offer to sell Holy Angel Rapier which gives 999ATK.

With the system that is in place right now, a player would need about ~15million gold to be able to buy all these items.

brumson

Reputation score
Activating Peta's 2 week cut scene is causing Sarah to get stuck in bed after in ends. She says its morning and changes sprites but fails to leave the bed and all keyboard commands are unresponsive.

OP
kR1pt0n1t3

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Activating Peta's 2 week cut scene is causing Sarah to get stuck in bed after in ends. She says its morning and changes sprites but fails to leave the bed and all keyboard commands are unresponsive.
Try downloading the files from the bugfix folder and see if it works. The link is in the first post.

brumson

Reputation score
I think something in the new Peta changes is causing "GordonInn, After Date" recollection to become locked out. The Gordon / Vaiball / Green Haired final scenes were actually unlocking before the date. In 2.3.1, GordonInn, After Date is locked but the other 2 are not. Going to the inn does not prompt to skip but even after completing it again its still blacked out in recollection room.

OP
kR1pt0n1t3

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
You need to sleep after seeing the scene before it unlocks inside the recollection room.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
So I dont get it... I left the village finally and I got on a boat west. Then im met with like 50 soldiers i have to kill all of them and some of them are insanely hard. Like i cant beat them they take 39 damage and heal themelves. If u lose u get a game over. What am i missing? did they just design that to be impossible or am i not supposed to be there?

Like if i talk to the person in the temple she say talk to the two guys they will help u. but i cant go in the military academy. IDK wtf lol. help

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So I dont get it... I left the village finally and I got on a boat west. Then im met with like 50 soldiers i have to kill all of them and some of them are insanely hard. Like i cant beat them they take 39 damage and heal themelves. If u lose u get a game over. What am i missing? did they just design that to be impossible or am i not supposed to be there?

Like if i talk to the person in the temple she say talk to the two guys they will help u. but i cant go in the military academy. IDK wtf lol. help
Upgrade your gear. Not even the hardest mobs in game should be taking that little of damage.

OP
kR1pt0n1t3

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You're not supposed to go that way this early.

Even though the game doesn't block you from going through the western forest there, there is another way to leave the village and that's through the east entrance.
But, to be able to get out of the village there, you need to see certain scenes. The last scene you need to see before you can go out is the Gordon Date scene. After you go on a date with Gordon,
he will agree to turn on the lights inside your room at night to make it seem like you're inside the village. Only after seeing that scene will Sarah be able to leave village through the east entrance.

To be able to go on a date, you need to advance scenes inside the village with other NPC's.
There is a guide in the first post that somewhat tells you how this is done so I suggest you read it because I don't feel like writing it all up here again.

The point I was trying to make before I started explaining is that once you get outside the village that way, you will end up at the brothel where you'll earn a lot of money which you will be able to spend to buy more stronger gear through a vendor that appears in front of the brothel at night. The vendor himself is a cheat which sells fake items so you need to know how to deal with him so he doesn't swap real item with a fake.

Last edited:

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
But, to be able to get out of the village there, you need to see certain scenes. The last scene you need to see before you can go out is the Gordon Date scene. After you go on a date with Gordon,
he will agree to turn on the lights inside your on at night to make it seem like you're inside the village. Only after seeing that scene will Sarah be able to leave village through the east entrance.
thanks. i found gordon im working on that. didnt see a guide tho.

Last edited: