What's new

[Complete - Partial] [RJ179387] ウラレタウン/Sold Girl Town

PabloC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Topic:
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=29151

DLSite:

Status: Since there's been no progress for a long while, I changed the status of our patch to Complete - Partial. I guess that's as far as we can get. If anyone has an idea how to fix any of the remaining issues, feel free to contact me, or post your solutions in this thread.

What's translated:
All dialogues, upgrades, achievements, skills, names and most of the info in girls' profiles.

Remaining issues:
1) Translated text is too long and doesn't fit where it should (to the point where it occasionally goes off the screen). This could be solved by changing the font (the current one takes way too much space). We tried to edit and compress the TL as much as possible, but that's not enough to solve the problem.
2) There are some buttons and menus left untranslated - those are pictures that we couldn't locate or replace. There's also one untranslated field in girls' profiles (during scouting) - that one shouldn't be a picture, but we missed it for some reason.
3) Information in girls' profiles is quite messy - there are some random Japanese symbols left here and there, and plenty of missing spaces. That's because each piece of info is made from random fragments located in multiple scripts, and some grammatical endings, particles and such, that were connecting them in Japanese are still left intact.
4) Player's name and surname can only have 3 letters each.

Current patch (for the 1.2.4 version of the game): in attachment
Password: HiranoPabloC
Installation:
Extract with 7-Zip or similar program, copy "data" folder into the game directory and overwrite the files. (This will replace 2 files: data\game_Data\resources.assets and data\game_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll, so you can back them up just in case.)
I also included separate pictures with the translations of 2 menus and a status graph. This should help with playing for now, until someone finds a way to edit and replace this stuff in the game properly.
It seems that saves from the JP version work just fine (except that old girls and owners still have names in JP).

Uncensor patch + icons translation can be found here:
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php...&postcount=276
It only replaces data\game_Data\sharedassets0.assets file, so it's compatible with our translation (as above - consider backing up the original file).

If you get the message that you don't have permission to access the downloads, make sure that your account is activated. Check this thread for details: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=24746

Credits:
Hirano - hacking and TL
Krassh - hacking and TL
PabloC - TL and editing
Pkj - uncensor patch

Attachments

Last edited:

JuicyYuuji

Reputation score
Re: [RJ179387] ウラレタウン/Sold Girl Town

Thanks for the translation!

But I think the patch DL is down already.

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation!

But I think the patch DL is down already.
Bots see a live link on a known site (like this) and the DL site gets notified immediately. FYI - should only include text of the link or an attachment with the link inside...

OP
PabloC

PabloC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I reuploaded it, this one should work.
Edit: or not. I guess I'll stick to the text. Copypasting the same link works just fine, so yeah, it was a bot. I didn't know this site was so "famous". :p

Last edited:

omgyourmom

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I reuploaded it, this one should work.
Edit: or not. I guess I'll stick to the text. Copypasting the same link works just fine, so yeah, it was a bot. I didn't know this site was so "famous". :p
If its about the mediafire link, hyperlinking from ULMF are banned by mediafire.

OP
PabloC

PabloC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good news! Our hacker is back, and he already made a quick update that fixed most of the minor issues I listed (I updated the patch - this time link is in attachment, just to be on the safe side). ^^

The bigger issues still remain, but the game should be playable as is.

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

SLG / Simulation game RARELY get translated ...
(mainly because you need to hack the game, and not all translator able to do that)
thank you very much for your hardwork ... ;)

Last edited:

stone147

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for this awsome work :D

I tried it yesterday and I like it!
I've found the uncensor-mod in the game thread, maybe you can include it in your translation?

Keep up the good work! :D

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wonder if I can request other Simulation / SLG game translation after this game finished being translated ...
just a menu will be nice ...
all from SoftHouse chara are nice ...

Like Daishounan, Planet Dragon or Akuma Musume no Kanban Ryouri ...
just partial translation will be enough ...
(Item, Skill, Menu)
like I said before, SLG / Simulation is VERY RARELY get translated, much less get full translation ...

no need for Bunny Black series (1-3) ...
other team already doing FULL translation for it ...
Thanks for this awsome work :D

I tried it yesterday and I like it!
I've found the uncensor-mod in the game thread, maybe you can include it in your translation?

Keep up the good work! :D
hmm, logically thinking it only affecting 3D H event ...
then it might be just fine ? Have you try to apply it after you apply English translation ?

Last edited:

stone147

Demon Girl
Reputation score

hmm, logically thinking it only affecting 3D H event ...
then it might be just fine ? Have you try to apply it after you apply English translation ?
I applied the uncensor and it works fine. it was a suggestion to include the uncensor in the english translation files or in the translation topic, at least. :D

OP
PabloC

PabloC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I added the link to the post with uncensor patch. It modifies a different file, so it's compatible with our TL.

I wonder if I can request other Simulation / SLG game translation after this game finished being translated
just partial translation will be enough
When it comes to interface-heavy games / interface-only translations, it's mainly a challenge for hackers, not translators (for example, translating everything in this game took merely a couple of days, while making everything work took months and there are still quite a few issues left). You should be looking for hackers first, since they are going to have the most work to do.

As for me, I'm a completionist, so I don't feel like making just partial, interface-patches, but on the other hand, I don't really have time to do a complete TL of something as big as SoftHouse Chara titles, so that's a nope. :p

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I added the link to the post with uncensor patch. It modifies a different file, so it's compatible with our TL.

When it comes to interface-heavy games / interface-only translations, it's mainly a challenge for hackers, not translators (for example, translating everything in this game took merely a couple of days, while making everything work took months and there are still quite a few issues left). You should be looking for hackers first, since they are going to have the most work to do.

As for me, I'm a completionist, so I don't feel like making just partial, interface-patches, but on the other hand, I don't really have time to do a complete TL of something as big as SoftHouse Chara titles, so that's a nope. :p
yeah, I guess so ...
the main problem for translating heavy uncommon interface game is finding hacker / cracker for the game to extract / find the file ... which is HARD to do ...

nevertheless, translating this SLG / Simulation game is a lot better than leaving it in RAW ... thanks ...

Nehemz

Reputation score

Thanks. I'm about to try it out

Scarletz

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

great page doe someone gota dl link for the full game tho :p

Darkarhon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

great page doe someone gota dl link for the full game tho :p
You can find a link at if you dont want to buy it.

rodi

Lurker
Reputation score

How do I actually save?

I tried clicking a save slot nothing happens, and sometimes it had a red text saying something in japanese.

help please

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hey all - just getting around to this, and now have downloaded everything I think I need. Question - is there a preferred order to applying patches? I have the earlier translations (v1 and v2 of 1.2.4) from the same post as the uncensor mods for 1.2.3. I have the latest translation (ENv0.5) from the OP which includes the translated menus, as well as a separate folder of just the translated menus. What is the best way to put this all together and what do I just ignore (I know there's duplication in there)?:confused:

Thanks for any direction, and maybe we can include the directions in the OP...also - is this still ongoing? How far along is all this? Should I wait at this point?

Thanks again:)

OP
PabloC

PabloC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey all - just getting around to this, and now have downloaded everything I think I need. Question - is there a preferred order to applying patches? I have the earlier translations (v1 and v2 of 1.2.4) from the same post as the uncensor mods for 1.2.3. I have the latest translation (ENv0.5) from the OP which includes the translated menus, as well as a separate folder of just the translated menus. What is the best way to put this all together and what do I just ignore (I know there's duplication in there)?:confused:

Thanks for any direction, and maybe we can include the directions in the OP...also - is this still ongoing? How far along is all this? Should I wait at this point?

Thanks again:)
You just need our TL and Pkj's uncensor+icons, nothing else. Installation order doesn't matter.
Pictures with the menus/graph are just for reference, we don't know how to put them into the game.

I don't have any news from our hacker, but the current patch is perfectly playable, so I think there's no need to wait. Fixing remaining problems would be nice, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. The current patch is probably as good as it gets, unless someone finds a way to deal with the remaining issues and extract/replace the rest of the untranslated stuff. I guess I'll eventually change its status to [complete - partial] if there's no progress.

zekemckillip

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, PabloC, does this include Dagoth's Short Name's list or would that need to be downloaded seperately? If it isn't already included, I think it would make a good addition, that way the Long Names don't cover up anything...

OP
PabloC

PabloC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, PabloC, does this include Dagoth's Short Name's list or would that need to be downloaded seperately? If it isn't already included, I think it would make a good addition, that way the Long Names don't cover up anything...
No, we have our own name list, so the short name list should be applied separately.