What's new

[rosemilktea] 冥漠の館 / Mansion of Abyssal Desert (RJ210258)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Challenger06

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Mansion of Abyssal Desert - ULMF.png

I noticed no one made a thread on this game, so I decided to make one.

Edit: Fixed one little typo lol

Last edited:

doob420

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Why would I threaten this? It looks swell!

spaghettidemon92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Gents, I have this game ready to be uploaded to you all, but first I need some help, I can't seem to get the game to run at all, comes up with an error because it can't find the music in the music folder but it's clearly there, I've attempted to use applocale to bypass the issue and extract all the files in japanese but it doesn't work on Win 10 anymore, can anyone help a brother out?

Lazka

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Gents, I have this game ready to be uploaded to you all, but first I need some help, I can't seem to get the game to run at all, comes up with an error because it can't find the music in the music folder but it's clearly there, I've attempted to use applocale to bypass the issue and extract all the files in japanese but it doesn't work on Win 10 anymore, can anyone help a brother out?
try download the trial and replace the audio folder from trial
somehow applocale didnt work for extracting in win 10 i think

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Try unsing sjisunzip or running 7-Zip or WinRAR in Japanese locale (with Locale Emulator), and getting the archive extracted through them.
Or, you know, actually setting the Locale to Japanese for a while.

spaghettidemon92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'll try out thee solutions you guys put. Also Applocale wont work at all anymore. That's the thing, I've been trying to figure out how to make winrar open with locale emulator but I'm stuck.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't believe applocal works with win10. I've been using a similar program since upgrading called local emulator, which does pretty much the same thing but works in win 10

Bryanis

Reputation score

I'll try out thee solutions you guys put. Also Applocale wont work at all anymore. That's the thing, I've been trying to figure out how to make winrar open with locale emulator but I'm stuck.
I don't believe applocal works with win10. I've been using a similar program since upgrading called local emulator, which does pretty much the same thing but works in win 10
Applocale isn't supported anymore. Microsoft stop it's development after win 7 (or was it vista ?). You can still download it and install it, but it's not fully functional on later window version.

Local Emulator (LE) is still developped and offically work on win 10.
However making winrar work using LE is a real pain.
From experience, you'll better use an up-to-date version of 7zip. using 7zip with the asian region language pack installed work fine to uncompress an archive and keep the japanese name, even without switching to japanese local setting / using LE.

For starting a program, even LE isn't all powerful. Sometime you need to switch to local japanese.
But like other problem, it's best to try starting the game exe from a short path folder without japanese name, and even rename the game exe to something non japanese if it's in japanese to try if it won't work.

If it still fail, well, I'm not an expert at win 10, but you may have to accept the fact that the game won't work with emulation.

zipetya

Reputation score

Well, I had a looksie, and on Win8.1., not on Japanese locale, I tackle such a .zip file with sjisunzip - just drag&drop the .zip file onto sjisunzip's shortcut icon / the file itself (making sure the .zip file is not 'Read Onyl'), and it creates the extraction in the same folder; with Japanese filenames intact.

Or alternatively, I would use NTLEAS (switching to Jap locale with it -sorry, I wrote Locale Emulator, but I meant NTLEAS-) to start 7-Zip, and extract with that. Then again maybe 7-Zip will work without all that locale emulation with the language pack, as Bryanis above have suggested.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Well that ending was fucked up. It was the hair that really shook me.

spaghettidemon92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Dumb question, anyone got a full save file, I'm too lazy to run through it and I just want the gallery if there is one ;)

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Dumb question, anyone got a full save file, I'm too lazy to run through it and I just want the gallery if there is one ;)
Password for the 4 digits door right at the start is 8370 which is also the gallery.
To be more clear:
Right at the start go to the right and you will see a door where you have to fill in 4 digits. That is the gallery.

BoardHeShouted

Reputation score
For any and all having trouble getting this and other games to work because of winrar messing up filenames and such do not worry, there's a very simple fix besides using Locale Emulator (which you should still use to RUN the game).

Simply open winrar directly from the shortcut, click the Options tab and select "Name encoding", dropdown menu pops up with a bunch of names and numbers, select the one that has: (ANSI/OEM - Japanese.....yadda yadda...) .
Now you can open ANY zipped file and all characters will look as they're meant to.
I still recommend using locale emulator because of corrupted code incase there are moonrunes written within, keep it updated because windows 10 updates screw it up unless it's the latest version.

Incase you're wondering all you're doing is telling winrar to use the default Japanese character format used within text formating in Japan. Should any funny business happen with characters not looking quite right in winrar simply switch it back to default on the Name encoding thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.