What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ214761] Demon World Nation Frel Hades (Lulu Farea 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

u-ray

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Other stuff I've translated:
Mature Quest
The Holy Grail of Alharahn
Midnight Exposure Schoolgirl
Sengoku NEET
Demon World Cave Lulu Farea
Sennyuu Iku Iku School!
Ero Puzzle Dungeon
KiriMomi!
Violated Miki-Chan and the Perverted Ojisan

Progress:
Intro: Complete
Chapter 1: Complete
Chapter 2: Complete
Chapter 3: Complete
Chapter 4: In Progress
Chapter 5: Incomplete
H-Scenes: 5/27

A puzzle RPG and sequel to one of my favorite H games of all time. Highly recommend you check it out if you haven't yet.

I have a full-time translation job now, so I can only work on this in my spare time. Which means... maybe it won't be out until 2020, lol.
I may also take breaks from it to work on other small projects from time to time.
But anyway, slowly but surely I'm doing it. I know usually I just wait until I finish stuff to make these posts but since this is gonna take a while...

I have a patreon here if you want to support me:
I won't starve or anything if you don't, though. You can bookmark it and check in every few weeks to see if I have any news.
Thanks, guys.

Last edited:

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ohh i didn't expect you to start working on this already. Thanks, it's so nice to have a couple of translators here that are willing to translate the whole series. It's the worst kind of feeling to see a sequel to a great translated game that may never get a translation.

NoiRequiem

Reputation score
Thank you very much for this!!! :) The wait will be painful, but it'll be worth it at the end. :cry:

rllog

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Oh, I'm hyped for this one, I loved Lulu Farea!
Thank you so much!

Demaar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I am so excited, I'm practically vibrating right now.

OP
U

u-ray

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well, DLsite released their own English translation of the first Lulu Farea today, and while I'm not gonna decide anything one way or the other right now, I have to admit that it's making me rethink continuing with the fan translation for this one. What do you guys think? Any opinions on this development?

devildragon777

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well, DLsite released their own English translation of the first Lulu Farea today, and while I'm not gonna decide anything one way or the other right now, I have to admit that it's making me rethink continuing with the fan translation for this one. What do you guys think? Any opinions on this development?
I'd like to see your translation of it, honestly. DLsite official translations can be...lacking in quality, and having a translator who actually cares about the material being translated is something I appreciate a lot. I figure it might be a while before they translate this one, too, so you'll probably have it complete before they do?

Demaar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Considering DLsite translations tend to be pretty shit....

Yeah, don't stop this translation. Even if they somehow manage to translate this one before you finish it, it would not nearly be of equally good quality.

Mirimin

Reputation score
Well, I just saw it on DLSite and was looking around to find out if they'd used your translation or not. That sucks, I wish they'd reached out to you instead. Like the other guys said, DLSite's translations are typically pretty bad. They're machine translations more often than not. So I'd be very happy to see you finish yours.

Demaar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
kuroknight said:
I also want to know if there are any good major changes in the Official.
Based on my short try with the Official, I say the Fan translation looks better and has more to read:

• The most significant art change is the 1st level boss being a nekomimi (hell, that isn't monstery) in the Official, not furry anymore. This is very bad in my book as furry is way more unique for monster girls.
  • Somehow in the Official, the dialogues have less lines, like with the 2nd level boss & the slime's quizzes. In the Fan translation, her first H-scene reveals her feeling a lot more and the scene is longer due to more interractions. In the Official, many of those lines are omitted and the Slime's quizzes are cut completely. I assume they think that those parts are unnecessarily lengthened.
  • The Fan translation is more friendly for English-speakers (e.g word usage, sentence structures), so it is more fun to read. It also translates the typical rom-com lines better. The Official translation is still good to read, just less enjoyable.
  • The worse feature of the Official is the game.exe itself. I noticed in the Task Manager that the game used more RAM for each minutes of playing. At first, it only used about 200MB, then after playing for 30min, it constantly used 2GB. After 1hour, the game barely ran and even crashed at some point. This happens on every play.
A good adjustment in the Official is its UI shows the quick stats of monsters & items on their floor for convenient reference. Though I think there is not much to praise beyond that, I may have overlooked other good ones.
About the Official LF translation on the F95Zone Thread.

OP
U

u-ray

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, I purchased and played through it myself and it was plainly obvious how much content was cut out. By far the most egregious omission is that in the true end,
instead of going and saying his goodbyes to each one of the girls one by one, it just skips straight from the three sisters to the final goodbye with Myuu.
But the poor game performance is a huge problem as well.

Worth noting the Japanese version of Lulu Farea got an update shortly before the ENG/CHN versions came out and I think the art was updated even in that. Which would mean Colatte will be de-furred in all versions of the game unless you can get your hands on an old version. Interestingly, some other minor details were updated as well. Redrawn hair, adding detail to Calmetia's hat and changing her eye color to red (she's pissed that she didn't make it into the sequel), things like that.

Anyway, with how the port and translation were handled, I suppose I should continue working on this~

Tenchi757

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I really enjoyed your translation for the first game. Great job on it. Looking forward to this one as well!

Really sad to hear in the official translation they not only did a worse job translating but cut lines entirely. I can handle a less-than-stellar translation but cutting out dialogue and quizzes without reason ruins the charm of the game. A lot of players probably won't even know it's changed.

bigliar29

Reputation score
I really enjoyed your translation for the first game. Great job on it. Looking forward to this one as well!

Really sad to hear in the official translation they not only did a worse job translating but cut lines entirely. I can handle a less-than-stellar translation but cutting out dialogue and quizzes without reason ruins the charm of the game. A lot of players probably won't even know it's changed.
The Dev even cut "the Elf" from part two and in the part one, they even revamp her character art to new art style..make it worse.....(cuz i like old version better)

not sure what conflict they had during development of part two but it make his customer (like myself) not happy about it.....

but I still wait for u-ray translation to finish because I don't want to buy part two again in english dlsite with bad translation... (already bought it from japan one)

OP
U

u-ray

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The two scenes with Luluu after you beat Farea also got cut out. Her footjob scene and the one where she has sex in a school swimsuit.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Out of curiosity... Any comments on why?
I mean, if it was Steam or something I maybe-sorta-coulda understand (wouldn't say it's okay, though). But DLsite?

Anyhoo, u-ray and his TL are still the bosses!

OP
U

u-ray

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well, I can only speculate. Probably my biggest criticism of Lulu Farea is that the sex scenes tend to drag on a little too long, and it's possible that the developer, Galaxy Wars, felt similarly. In particular the true ending is a bit of a gauntlet, so if any scenes were going to be cut out to improve the pace of the game, it makes sense that that's where they would be.

But, you know, in the end it's just speculation. Maybe there were some concerns about loli content. Or, I've heard that with DLsite's translations, they don't make the game for you or anything like that--you just provide them the script and then they translate it and send it back, so you have to implement it yourself. So maybe he reduced the script size because making the... I think three? translations was a lot of work, especially after completely rebuilding the game in a new engine. Or maybe DLsite charges based on the script size so he had to cut down the text because of that.

Could be a lot of different things, but I think whatever the reason, it was deliberate and the official release probably won't be changing a whole lot from its current state.

GoldGame

Reputation score
i personaly did not mind the lenght of them that much thou i generaly tend to not play trough them more then once thou i think we can generaly agree that the move to mv made the game way worse then its sopose to be

Last edited:

Darkstar816

Reputation score
Any chance for an unofficial patch to make the official release...well, definitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.