What's new

RPG [TechnoBrake] Rule of Succubus (RJ221239)

Reputation score
i found your guy. hes in the middle of the forest. directly left from the top left of the ruined castle. i set up a flag in the castle. just make a left, then go up twice, you'll make it to a dead end with an imp. on the right side of that room, marked by a yellow flower you can walk through the wall. follow the secret path, last guy is a bard.
U mean the castle where there was the prisoner? And btw i opened the first door of the castle but how do i open the second?

Last edited:

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score
so are bronze doors not lock pickable or what? i've put over 100 tries into this damn thing and it wont open

Reputation score
ok i solved all and defeated the boss but i have a problem i got the ending 1 and 3 how to unlock the 2? Why do i miss 2 types of succubus?

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
U mean the castle where there was the prisoner? And btw i opened the first door of the castle but how do i open the second?
yeah, thats the castle. i think you may need a key, those cages dont have keyholes. knowing how this game is so far, its probably across the map in three unbreakable locked chests guarded by a super boss that needs a fuckin' obsidian sword to kill, but only after you've jerked him off with a magic whistle on the opposite end of the map. christ, but i digress. if you find how to open it let me know. maybe ill find it first.

vladislav4

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Anyone got the latest version of the game? Apparently it fixed some bugs and typos.

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score
interesting way to not make it typical rpg maker turn based shit. I think this game could of competed with if not been better than MGQ if it had multiple scenes per a girl but I guess the creator didn't want to spend alot of money. Like I want to see that slime girl's ass get pounded from behind so bad but no weird submersion scene inside her body instead or w/e you wanna call that, what a shame,

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So I grinded my way through this and only managed to find ending 3. I tried to refight the final boss after getting all of the monsters and NPC's, but still only got the third ending. How do you actually get ending 1 and 2?

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
What is the charm that you need to talk to some of the other succubi? I got the first 2 (slime and other starter one). However now after going through a lot of effort and drinking 4 or 5 charm potions, I go into the status screen to see my charm is still only at 1. What gives? Does it reset after each day? Did I just get screwed with a glitch?

21cibernetico

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
You get ending 1 by using the little boat that you find near the beach, ending 2 is by finding every survivor and then escaping using a boat that is hidden in the forest, near the posion swamp.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Rule of Succubus is a very poorly-designed game from top to bottom. While the art assets are pretty good (exaggerated proportions and the faces range from nightmare fuel to full derp), the engrish, overall mechanics, and even combat are lacking. What should have been a good resource-management h-game that married the concepts exceptionally, instead falls flat as a shoddily-designed cash-grab.

First and foremost, the core gameplay. While battlefuck isn't my cup of tea, the fact that your only recourse for getting stronger is to talk to the succubi and recruit them (in a "choose the right option" style that offers no repercussions for failure on the first try) is only undermined by the fact that they demand sex every other time you rest, thus draining your energy and forcing you to scrap any effort to make headway on resources and/or overall progress. The other issue is, you're not even encouraged to improve through repetition, but through a long, painstaking process of slow (sometimes, even insufferable) progress. At least with your cookie-cutter rpgmaker h-game, the promise of satisfaction exists. Here, it doesn't feel satisfying to unlock the map. It feels like a job, and, by the end of it, you're mentally drained.

And lets talk about that map for a moment, too. I've been lost, had to look at it several times, and then backtrack to another path. There are ZERO indicators of where you should go, how to get there, etc. You're forced to suffer through the poor set design and hope the path you're on is the correct one. Oh, and to even know if you made any progress, you have to open the menu. It doesn't help that enemies are generally plentiful and overtly-aggressive to the point of frustration. The worst part is, opening the map before setting up a campfire resets the enemies on the map. Actually, that's just the second-worst aspect. If you opt to run from the succubi, their sprite vanishes from the area but the game won't let you establish a campfire, hitting you with a prompt to defeat every enemy beforehand. Well, shit.

Healing items are also a major problem. I've played both the survival and easy modes, and found that in both cases, the work you put in to make a healing item hardly validates itself. Most rpg's will reward you for your study of alchemy; RoS seems dedicated to punishing you for playing the game. I wouldn't have an issue with this if there were in-dungeon alternatives in limited form that required resource-management and allowed for variety in combat, but there aren't. The combat itself outside the succubi is basically "run into enemy, watch for whichever bar drops faster." That is, the combat is hands-off outside the "battle-fuck" aspect, and even that lacks any real player input. As stated before, too, you're encouraged to improve via "team-mates" that will cripple your overall progression at every chance they get.

Finally, we move onto cg's. Honestly, there are maybe a couple succubi with any appeal cg-wise. As previously-stated, the actual character designs are rather exaggerated in their proportions and, while this isn't exactly a point against it, the lack of variety for each succubi's cg is. There are also no consequences for losing a fight, so it robs the player of any agency in these situations. If you lose, you're "rewarded" with a short cg/text loss scene, and then tossed unceremoniously back onto the beach you started on (or wherever your respawn is). At the beginning of the game, we witnessed a sailor drained of semen and life-force, so it's jarring for the game to go from "succubi are dangerous and you should avoid them" to "they'll take a moment to sexually assault you and then unceremoniously drop you in a safe zone so you can catch your breath and try again." At this point, you no longer have any reason to be invested in this game and everything becomes a Sunday chore that you're doing just to get to the end.

Overall, Rule of Succubus is just "meh". It had great potential to be part of a genre while setting itself aside in terms of character design and gameplay, but feels incredibly rushed and poorly-programmed. Anyone interested in giving it a try can do better and should skip this trainwreck lest they find themselves among the debris.

OP
CheckMy4

CheckMy4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
As someone who was somewhat excited for that game I agree with most of your points but it's not a terrible game. In terms of game design played way worse h-games.
A problem I would add to is that the rare materials (iron and upwards) are really hard to harvest and to find. Which isn't a problem itself but you find all these rare materials (you really need) squashed in 2-3 places. If you are lucky you can harvest some of them but then you are out of tools and have to go back.

There are also no consequences for losing a fight, so it robs the player of any agency in these situations
This isn't true atleast in the survival mode I chose and well I regret that. Anyway when you lose to a normal enemy you lose enormous amount of mats and when you lose to a succubi you lose some of your max hp.

Last edited:

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score
@Ninja_Named_Bob ok the translation could use a bit of work but at least its not machine translation bad that usually makes me immediately stop playing anything. I think some of your other complaints are unwarranted, but I admit I couldn't really make much progress until I figured out where to mine iron for making lockpicks. After that I got a pretty good handle on things, basically just run around and unlock everything that iron will allow you to until your able to use the next upgrade (bronze) to unlock more eventually getting off the island. I suppose it may have been nice if they had a town npc or something suggesting where the iron deposits were since theirs like 2-3 different caves.

The hands off combat is good though it would have been a pain in the ass if we had to go into a turn based fight for every chicken, sheep etc fodder monster to get materials from. Definitely they could of used more scenes per girl though that I agree with not that our opinions really matter since I kind of doubt the creator comes here to read.

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
bob basically summarized everything wrong with this game. i gave up on it, no reason to keep pulling this crap. however, if someone has a full save, preferably from mega and not a website i've never heard of, that would be great. just from the url alone i feel like it'll give my pc digital herpes....

thetruesteven

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Guys, i got this Error right after hearing the sirens at the beginning. Im running windows 10 and play with locale emulator. rtp is also installed. Whats the problem?

Unbenannt.png