What's new

[Complete - Partial] [RJ223206] Outdoor Camp RPG! / 野外合宿RPG!

Josba

Reputation score
Low effort machine translation of this game.

Source:

Game thread: <none found>

Parts translated: Dialog, Item Descriptions, Skill Descriptions

Instructions: Download outdoor_camp_rpg_1_0_partial_trans_20180522.zip and extract to game folder. Overwrite all files when asked.

Notes:

I have played the whole game through with this and saw no obvious problems. It's all machine translation, so naturally don't expect too much, but it was good enough for me to understand the story. Sometimes you may see some gibberish pop up, this is onomatapea that machine translation always has problems with (and I couldn't be bothered to hand edit out).

Almost nothing in the UI is translated, but the game is simple enough that one can figure everything out with a little experimentation. (I attempted translating skill names, but that broke the game so I reverted that. Expected the same for items so didn't try them.)

Bonus:

I'm finished with the game so don't expect any updates. However, consider this to be in the public domain so anyone can take it and update as they wish.

I've included the python script I used to do the translation, drop it into the www/data folder and run to regenerate translations (you will need the googletrans package to be installed). It will look for files that end with ".json.orig" and attempt to translate them, so you will need rename any original files you want translated. The "otcrpg_trans.cache" file caches translation responses to avoid overloading google's servers. It's just a json dictionary, so you can edit it by hand to change translations, or delete it to start completely from scratch.

Attachments

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ah, how nice to see new translators. Welcome onboard! I've let the Discord people know about this and they will flock all over it now. : )

Ryuuzou

Lurker
Reputation score
Thank you for your work.
I appreciate it, really. Cheers.
Have finished it already, actually, just using some guide and through trial-and-error.

dandan550

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It seems I'm confused in the UI in the game.

matth

Reputation score
My version,
Outdoor camp v1.02, 50%~mtl edited, already enough to clear and get a picture of the story.
Save with all stamps collected

biasha

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
translations above break all animations and splash images unfortunately!
it's because CommonEvents.json has lines like "use.isSkill() && use.object().name == '乳もみ'"
it checks for specific skill name. if skill is renamed into english version then trigger will not hit! as result you will not see animation!

Azeta

Reputation score
translations above break all animations and splash images unfortunately!
it's because CommonEvents.json has lines like "use.isSkill() && use.object().name == '乳もみ'"
it checks for specific skill name. if skill is renamed into english version then trigger will not hit! as result you will not see animation!
Oh!! I just notice.
I'll try to fix it.

Thanks.

Edit: I just need to translate this line too. It only check the skill name not the animation name.
Code:
use.isSkill() && use.object().name == '..'
Edit 2: Finished.

Patch note v. 1.3 :
1. Completed menu translation.
2. Fix animations bugs from skill translation.
3. Partial translated combat message.

----------------------------------------------------------------
If you find some bug. Please tell me.

Attachments

Last edited: