What's new

[WIP - Full] [Complete - Partial] [RJ248195] Exorcist Rio - The Cursed Village

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Makaku has translated the game, check it out here.

DLsite:

Decided to give translating a go. I haven't finished the game yet so please let me know if anything is wildly incorrect.

Currently I the partial complete as well as all common events translated.

Rio's magic paper thing is currently translated to bill, anyone know anything better to translate it to?

Capitalisation and spacing of combat texts will probably be off, let me know if you come across this. Any suggestions for enemy names would be appreciated.

Password for the file is: rio

Enjoy

Last edited:

Deathman Forces

Reputation score
So what exactly is translated in the common event? is that means not in event like in the gallery?

OP
AE1992

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Common events are all to do with combat. Things like using potions, some combat moves and combat sex scenes.

akoss

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I usually see those papers called talismans.

OP
AE1992

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I had a look at Rio 2 as I vaguely remembered she mentioned them there and that was translated to charms. I was just going to use that but I do like your suggestion too.

I will see if anyone else has an opinion and then decide.

Kynshin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I always called them Spell Tags, since she is a exorcist and all that.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
If you're talking about those little slips of papers that are commonly used by Shrine Maidens (who sometime perform exorcisms) then they are generally called "Prayer Slips." I haven't actually played this game but I'm pretty sure that's what you're talking about. It's a pretty common thing found in Japanese culture.

Basically, they're little slips of paper where you write down the name of something on it, then you pray and bless the piece of paper to either be a good luck charm, a ward against evil spirits, or a cure to heal some kind of ailment.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Talisman is usually the go-to for it, but prayer slips or charms works fine.

I didn't actually know Rio had a new game out, so I'm glad to see this.

OP
AE1992

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I've nearly translated up until you take full control of Rio. I had some problems with my computer and have been building a new one so not been working on this lately. I should have everything transferred to my new computer by the end of the weekend but I will be out of town next week.

Once I have finished the intro and translated all of the outside of the village area I will upload it here for anyone interested. Will likely be 2-3 weeks from now.

flytothemoon

Lurker
Reputation score
Will waiting the translated version before I start this :)
Can't wait for it to be done..

OP
AE1992

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Updated the main post with a new translation.

Fully done the intro so hopefully that has no problems. Translated the mayor's house stuff but I haven't got that far to see all of the scenes so may have messed some stuff up. The outside area is mostly machine translated, but there is stuff I have gone over.

Not as far long as I would have liked but not a lot I can do about that now. This update is mainly to prove that I am still working away at this, even if it is at a rather slow pace.

EDIT: Not sure why it isn't working properly, I will look into it this evening.

EDIT#2: Should be working.

Last edited:

Deathman Forces

Reputation score
Why the new update not working properly? All text in the menu part is now missing, or maybe i do something wrong? 23252

OP
AE1992

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Very sorry about that. I was trying to rush it out before I went to sleep.

I found the problem and managed to fix it. Updated the main post with a new link. Let me know if anything else isn't working.

dmctv

Lurker
Reputation score
Hey there.

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time and effort to do this. Truly an amazing thing you’re doing.

Deathman Forces

Reputation score
Very sorry about that. I was trying to rush it out before I went to sleep.

I found the problem and managed to fix it. Updated the main post with a new link. Let me know if anything else isn't working.
It works perfectly now, thank you.

Oir

Reputation score
You need Enigma VB Unpacker, to unpack the gameboxed one and then copy paste the file to the unpacked folder.
I used enigma VB unpacker to unpack the boxed .exe
I then inserted the data folder from the translation .zip file, overwriting 19 entries in the unpacked folder's data folder
I then attempted to run the game using game.exe within the unpacked folder but it just gave me a white screen. I have also tried copying over and running game_boxed and game_unboxed but to no avail.

Do you know of a solution for this?

Last edited: