What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ318368] Shrift 2 Demo/Game Hand Translation

Shrifted

Reputation score
1667240840729.png
DLsite Link:
Author's PIXIV:
Author's Ci-en:
Link to main thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/devils-office-shrift-2-rj318368.15138/

Our translation Patreon, to help support our projects:
Translation Discord:

I can finally announce that our first release of our translation for Shrift 2 is ready for release!

Patching Instructions:
  1. Download and extract the game (Shrift 2) to a folder. The demo is downloadable for free at Shrift 2's store page ( )
  2. Download the patcher file. You will likely get a Windows Defender warning on it: it is a false positive and can be safely ignored.
  3. Extract the patcher file, and copy+paste it in the same directory as Shrift 2 (where the file you open to start the game is).
  4. Run the Installer, click Install. Let it finish.
  5. You should be able to run the game now, enjoy!
Minor Notes:
Some information is directly saved as Japanese to your save file. It's okay to use Japanese saves with the patched version, but some stats like current story objective and save location will stay in Japanese till they get updated naturally as you move through the game. You may also need to move into a new world area to load in the translated data.

Patch downloads:

Last edited:
OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
With this, we can finally release a patch for the free demo! This should translate almost all the content the demo has to offer. There's a possibility we have missed some obscure lines somewhere, but this should be complete.

Known Things to Finish up:
  • Some tutorial images and a few other images aren't translated yet.
  • Item Box text isn't translated yet.
Download link is below, hope you all enjoy!

(mega link taken down for now, we need to make some revisions)

Last edited:
OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Where is the link to the patch?
I can't post it yet, as I'm hitting the site's file upload size limit for some weird reason. I threw a question to the mods/staff on discord, hopefully I'll get a response. Otherwise I'll find some other way to host it.

purplepower

Reputation score
Does this translate the extra ci-en scenes that you can add to the demo?

TheMysteryEvader

Reputation score
"you must install missing frameworks for .NET"

Thought I had these downloaded, can't seem to get the patcher to run. Any ideas how to fix?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
A bunch of users have reported a good chunk of missing text we have to fix, so I'm taking down the link for now. Hopefully we can get another release in week or so once we get it all, as doing hotfixes over and over isn't desirable.

Reyray

Reputation score
Thank you for your hard work in this patch! Although I understand it's not ready (I encountered quite a few text errors myself during the Kage-onna fight), simply being able to play the demo again in English was extremely fun.

Ginek

Reputation score
it's good to have you back! thanks for the release

madman32

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This happened right after the demo's end credits, something else to look out for. Sure was fun even with the missing bits, looking forward to the fixed up version and eventually the whole game. :p

Attachments

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
This happened right after the demo's end credits, something else to look out for. Sure was fun even with the missing bits, looking forward to the fixed up version and eventually the whole game. :p
Could you do a couple of things for me to help diagnose the issue?

1. Could you tell me what version of the SHRIFT II demo you're using? You can find this by going into your SHRIFT II folder and finding the text file called "更新履歴.txt". The version number should be at the top.
  2. The other thing, is could you go into the Performance Settings of your translated SHRIFT II demo, and take a screenshot of the menu. Just the first seven items starting from "Difficulty" will be fine.
Much appreciated.

123bandit

Reputation score
Would it be possible to get the link anyway? I don't mind if something is missing
🙏🙏

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Would it be possible to get the link anyway? I don't mind if something is missing
🙏🙏
Funny, I had the same thought. But even if we have to wait, the full release of Shrift II part 1 is only a week or three away-ish. Plus Arzor released more translated scenes for MGQ paradox and Giratena released a nearly fully translated Alstromeria. We can wait for Shrifted and friends, hats off to them!

madman32

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Could you do a couple of things for me to help diagnose the issue?

1. Could you tell me what version of the SHRIFT II demo you're using? You can find this by going into your SHRIFT II folder and finding the text file called "更新履歴.txt". The version number should be at the top.
  2. The other thing, is could you go into the Performance Settings of your translated SHRIFT II demo, and take a screenshot of the menu. Just the first seven items starting from "Difficulty" will be fine.
Much appreciated.
Sure. It says 6/16 v0.52 (if it helps to know, I started on easy and changed to normal). Selecting the option to go back the tutorial also just resets the menu, though you can escape and actually replay the tutorial by going to the gallery option (don't know if that's the demo's fault or the patch's).

Attachments

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Thanks, appreciate it.

Selecting the option to go back the tutorial also just resets the menu, though you can escape and actually replay the tutorial by going to the gallery option (don't know if that's the demo's fault or the patch's).
That one's a bug with the demo itself.