What's new

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramza022

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: ROBF

Is it super hard to translate RPG Maker stuff? I've got a decent enough grasp of Japanese language and grammar that with a machine translator as my dictionary for words I don't know, I could translate things like the rest of the monsterpedia entries, but I don't have a clue on where to find the scripts or images or whatever RPG maker uses...
The hardest part is the translation itself, I mean, the language part. But RPG Maker is very easy to handle compared to other softwares. If you already is familiar with Japanese it should be easy, but it's still lot of work.

For the monsterpedia you only should be carefull to fit the text properly on the screen. The monsterpedia text can be found on the enemies information. So, you need to open the game with RPG Maker. Open the Database. Go to "Enemies" section. It's the text located on the bottom-right corner there, on "notes". For example, for enemy 066, the text is:

<図鑑特徴:Race: Human>
<図鑑特徴:Nature: Sadic>
<図鑑説明:プロンテラの精錬所にて、ホル>
<図鑑説明:グレンに代わって新しい店主と>
<図鑑説明:なったブラックスミス。新しい>
<図鑑説明:武器が好きなので色々持って行>
<図鑑説明:ってあげよう。>
<図鑑説明:沢山渡すといい事があるかも?
<図鑑説明:(カード非所持)>

You need to keep the "<図鑑説明: >" part and only change the rest, like it was done in the first and second lines

Also I do recommend using something like for words you don't know. It's a pretty good dic.

zekemckillip

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I would just need to use RPG Maker VX Ace? Or is there some other program I can use that would edit the files?

Edit to avoid double post: Nevermind, I downloaded RPG Maker VX Ace Lite off of steam and it seems I can edit everything just fine in that. Got quite a few done, but english takes up WAY more space than Japanese! I've had to go back and get creative with some translations to make them fit...

Last edited:

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I only recently picked this game up (and I'm keeping an eye on the second one), and I was looking back on previous posts. What's the deal with the translation? Is there a full one? do the other ROBF other games have them? I like the game, but the enjoyment (and ease of access) with a machine translation is diminished somewhat.

Renestrae

Devious Succubus
Reputation score
Does this game include anal on MC (pegging or the like)?

Status
Not open for further replies.