What's new

[RP Idea] Ultima Afterworld

Lurker
Reputation score
For those of you unfamiliar with the Ultima series of games well all you need to know is that Ultima was an awesome RPG and Richard Garriot wrote some amazing storylines for the games. The games were based on a man from earth (The player) finding a mysterious circle of stones in the forest behind is new house. On the night of the full moon a portal called a moongate apears inside the circle and the man travels through it 8 times going on adventures. In the first game the hero then known as the "Mysterious Stranger" arrives in a strange new world. He soon finds that this world and about 4 others are threatened by the evil Wizard Mondain. Eventually the hero defeats the wizard and takes the next moongate back to earth.In The second game he had to defeat Minax Mondain's wife as she tore a swath of revenge against the worlds that helped defeat her huisband. Finally in Ultima III The hero defeats Exodus Mondain and Minax's son. Ultima III ends this part in the story.

In Ultima IV The hero arrives via the moongate in the world Britania. This time he finds out that the King of Britannia Lord British has chosen him to become his Champion. Thus the hero starts the quest of the Avatar of virtue. He proves himself to be the embodiment of the 8 virtues (Compassion, Humility, Honesty, Honor, Sacrifice, Valor, Justice, and Spirituality.) At the end of this quest the hero is forever more known as "The Avatar" Champion of virtue.

In Ultima V the Avatar arrives to find that Lord British is missing and that Blackthorne his aid has begun marshall law on Britannia and has become a tyrant. THe Avatar rescues Lord British and destroys the 3 shadow lords whom have corrupted Blackthorne. Unfortunately Blackthorne is not redeemable and is banished from the world of Britannia.

In Ultima VI The Avatar goes through the portal to find himself captured by gargoyles. The gargoyles are calling him the false profit and are attacking Britannia everywhere. He proves himself to the gargoyles and brings peace to the land.

In Ultima VII a new religion called the fellowship is started. It turns out that this fellowship worship an evil entity known as the Guardian. They were making a black moongate for The Guardian to pass into Britannia through but the Avatar stops them. The leader of The Fellowship flees through a portal to the Serpent Isles the Avatar follows him and again encounters the guardian and his friend Dupre sacrifices himself to save him. In the end the Guardian captures the Avatar.

In Ultima VIII The guardian drops the Avatar onto the world of Pagan. This world is adrift in the universe without a sun. The guardian has set up a religion on this world that worships titans. The titans are Generals of the Guardian and The Avatar defeats them all ultimately taking their power and becoming the Titan of ether. He opposes the religion and finally finds his way back to earth.

In the Final installment Ultima IX Ascension the Avatar arrives on Britannia to find his 8 virtues corrupted and the people none the wiser. He goes around to the 8 shrines of virtue cleansing them and learns that he is connected to the Guardian. It turns out that the Guardian is the evil that was cast out of The Avatar upon his completion of his quest of Avatarhood. Eventually The Avatar challenges the Guardian one last time. Using the 8 sigils of virtue he creates a barrier around himself and the guardian. and finally casts armageddon inside the barrier. In doing so he kills both himself and the guardian at the same time which was the only true way of killing the guardian and saves Britannia from the Armageddon spell.

and now this is where my RP comes in. You will be playing as a new band of heroes that. Learning from his past mistakes Lord British decides to create a group of 8 people each embodying 1 virtue to protect Britannia from all threats external and internal. You will be that team.

So what do you guys think?

edit:
There will be a test to determine what class your personality suits. The eight classes are FIghter, Tinker, Ranger, Paladin, Mage, Druid, Shepherd, Bard

Bob has tested and has chosen the path of the Fighter based on his answers.
24fm has tested and has chosen the path of a Paladin based on her answers.
Ryu has tested and has chosen the path of a Ranger based on his answers.
Crossgrave has chosen the path of a mage based on his/her answers.
Diagasvesle has chosen the path of the bard based on his answers.
DMRonny has chosen the path of the Tinker based on his answers.
Rei has chosen the path of a Druid.
Whomever joins next shall be the humble shepherd.

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [RP Idea] Ultima Afterworld

I showed interest when you first tried this on ye olde forum. So I'll throw my hat in again, though you may want to explain more what you had in mind other than the background. You know freeform, stat-based, whatever.

OP

Lurker
Reputation score

It will be stat based and I will be giving the test to determine classes taking out the virtue of the taken classes as they are taken.

Bob

Lurker
Reputation score

*attaches interest to a bow in form of a note tied to an arrow and gives it to avi,...by shooting him, imitates Patsy "Message for you sir!".*

(i hope i got lancelot's horse's name right, i'd die lots otherwise.)

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds interesting. I wish to join.

24FM

Lurker
Reputation score

interested.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

*posts his interest*

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

You can call me Grave, avatar.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*Looks oddly at this thread and decides to show interest and see what happens.*

I am the caring Bard who sings songs of valour and heroic ship. Please pardon my cruel eyes if you sacriface any being even if it's evil, there is still redempation for it.

PS Grammar alert.

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Where does joo want us to post the characters, when we're ready?

OP

Lurker
Reputation score

There is a beautifull thread called Character creation in this board....

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

I think what Ronny was asking was if there would be a thread just for the characters, and if the existing thread about character creation would only be for the rules and discussion of such for making characters.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Indeed, as Ryu said.

OP

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate it when Ryu uses logic... He always makes me feel inferior :p

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Woops was I being logical on the internet again, I hate when I do that.

OP

Lurker
Reputation score

:p posted your char thread Ronny.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Thank ye, I posted my character. Think it's right, just say if I be doing something wrong.

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Sorry about the double post, but if anyone needs help with background. I have played most of the Ultima games and can help out a little. At least with ideas or places.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

*raises hand as well*