What's new

RPG Maker MV Speed Plugin / Clipboard hook

darknessbank

Reputation score
Can you tell me which game is it and your CPU specs? The new system shouldn't make the games run slower.

The new system might make the games look more jittery at high multipliers because the new system forces a faster logic, while the old one kind of "slowed down" at the maximum your CPU could handle smoothly, which was usually around 2-3x speed. The new system will drop frames instead but the benefit is that 9x speed should actually mean 9x speed or at least much closer to it than before. If your CPU can handle the multiplier speeds it should be identical to the old one.
Sorry for the delay To answer your question

MY PC
Intel (R) Core (TM) i3-3210 CPU @ 3.20GHz
2 Cores / 4 Threads
AMD Radeon HD 6670 and RAM 8
Windows 7

I think my computer is too old?
My cpu maybe doesn't work with your new system
I don't remember which game is it, Sorry :(
but I tried many games. It has a similar problem because the Frame Rate is too high and the Error game cannot be moved and playing
but do not worry Because I still use 6.21 which is an old version It's good for me
Thank you for answering my questions :)

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zeemu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've found a strange RPG Maker MV game that seems to be completely different from any other MV game I've played before. It's called "Fall:Out" [ ]. First off, it doesn't use Enigma, it doesn't even use any kind of exe packing. It simply uses asar archives (./resources/app.asar). Secondly, even if you unpack it (I recommend 7zip+ ) and put it into a www folder, the game will ignore it until you update the asar with the new contents. And then the game will crash on launch, because Speedhax.js can't find nw.gui. So here you go. Either this is a game that completely breaks the mold with weird custom programming and packaging or this is some sort of new format for MV games that we'll be seeing more of in the future.
Downloading that game off the random paysite there would take 3 hours and I'm not quite up for that. From your description I'd double check if the game is actually even using RPGMaker MV at all, or if it's just a program made on top of the nw.js framework which RPGMaker MV also is based on.

Sorry for the delay To answer your question

MY PC
Intel (R) Core (TM) i3-3210 CPU @ 3.20GHz
2 Cores / 4 Threads
AMD Radeon HD 6670 and RAM 8
Windows 7

I think my computer is too old?
My cpu maybe doesn't work with your new system
I don't remember which game is it, Sorry :(
but I tried many games. It has a similar problem because the Frame Rate is too high and the Error game cannot be moved and playing
but do not worry Because I still use 6.21 which is an old version It's good for me
Thank you for answering my questions :)
Your CPU should be able to handle at least some games fine. I'm not quite sure of your issue anymore though since earlier you said the games are slow and now the frame rate is too high..?

Either way, whenever you encounter such issues please post the name of the game along with PC specs and I'll check it out.
Also, if you ever need to revert back to the 6.21 behavior the old code still remains in the Speedhax.js file under commented section "//" and you can just replace the new code with the old part if you want to upgrade past 6.21 and enjoy newer features. Still, I'm a little bit puzzled as to what could be going on with your system.

darknessbank

Reputation score
Your CPU should be able to handle at least some games fine. I'm not quite sure of your issue anymore though since earlier you said the games are slow and now the frame rate is too high..?

Either way, whenever you encounter such issues please post the name of the game along with PC specs and I'll check it out.
Also, if you ever need to revert back to the 6.21 behavior the old code still remains in the Speedhax.js file under commented section "//" and you can just replace the new code with the old part if you want to upgrade past 6.21 and enjoy newer features. Still, I'm a little bit puzzled as to what could be going on with your system.
Now I have found a problem game
Kamikaze Kommittee Ouka RPG ver.1.05

Sorry for my language. If you are confused, I'm not good at English

I use the latest program that you uploaded V6.24
Default x1 My Fps at 60-75 it was still normal 1.jpg

When I press speed x2
My Fps is up to 200+ and now it makes the game malfunction. Everything in the game slows down as press Z button to talk
It's like jamming. Because the game has a spasm
2.jpg
When entering battle mode 3.jpg
average FPS is 30-200+ , but it's a problem is a game that sucks and slows down until unable to press or click
I will switch to speed x1 Everything is back to normal and No problem at all
But not only with this game Other games used The test was similar
such as

I don't know why it's causing this kind condition
But with the higher fps it should make the game have more speed up
I think your new system is to remove V-sync?
Because old version (v6.21) my Fps max is 75 And not more than 75 fps
And when using speed x2-x9, it has an average of 75-3 Fps, but the game is still running normally. And have the speed as used

Last edited:

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Is there a way to customise the speed multipliers? I have looked into the Speedhax.js but I am not sure what I was looking at lol. If possible I would like a 1.5x multiplier. Some games become almost impossible to control at 2x speed, but too slow at 1x speed.

OP
Z

Zeemu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I don't know why it's causing this kind condition
But with the higher fps it should make the game have more speed up
I think your new system is to remove V-sync?
Because old version (v6.21) my Fps max is 75 And not more than 75 fps
And when using speed x2-x9, it has an average of 75-3 Fps, but the game is still running normally. And have the speed as used
Hmm, is your monitor refresh rate 75hz? I just tried the game and had no issues with it.

The new system does not remove vsync, it simply renders the frames as fast as possible. This is because there is some sort of weird behavior with the standard javascript way of doing thing with requestAnimationFrame where the framefrate jitters noticeably and isn't smooth. The only solutions for you I have right now are to uncomment line 506 in speedhax.js and remove line 507. Alternatively you could try to change the value of 0.04 on line 516 to something smaller like 0.01 etc.

Is there a way to customise the speed multipliers? I have looked into the Speedhax.js but I am not sure what I was looking at lol. If possible I would like a 1.5x multiplier. Some games become almost impossible to control at 2x speed, but too slow at 1x speed.
Yes, it's a bit convoluted but if you look at the message #56 https://ulmf.org/threads/rpg-maker-mv-speedhack-advanced-clipboard-hook.8976/post-1026033 there's a guide on how to make the speeds be between 0.5...2x, where 6x would become 1.5x. The non-multiplies of 2 speeds may look a bit non-smooth though cause they're not multiplies of your screen refresh rate.

darknessbank

Reputation score
Hmm, is your monitor refresh rate 75hz? I just tried the game and had no issues with it.

The new system does not remove vsync, it simply renders the frames as fast as possible. This is because there is some sort of weird behavior with the standard javascript way of doing thing with requestAnimationFrame where the framefrate jitters noticeably and isn't smooth. The only solutions for you I have right now are to uncomment line 506 in speedhax.js and remove line 507. Alternatively you could try to change the value of 0.04 on line 516 to something smaller like 0.01 etc.
Yes, my monitor refresh rate is 75hz
I have already tested to change to 60hz
It still has the same symptoms.

I don't understand this. But I tried to try as you suggested chang value 0.04 to 0.01
I don't know what is uncomment line 506 and 507
Capture.JPG
Can you edit and send the file to me?
upload file in comment or Add files to your posts And I will come back to see
I'm afraid that will bother you. :(
And it is difficult to find answers Because didn't know what caused
Thank you very much!

OP
Z

Zeemu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I don't know what is uncomment line 506 and 507
It means doing this:

ps.png

This should make the behavior similar to what it was before the patch. Don't forget you need to modify the speedhax.js file inside the plugins folder if you've already patched.

YandereKun

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
For those struggling to get Developer Tools (F8) working for newer (RPG Maker MV 1.6+) games, just do this:
  1. Download the latest nwjs sdk from - As of this post it would be
  2. Unzip nwjs, then copy the www folder and package.json from your game into the nwjs folder.
  3. Apply the Speedhack / Cheat Menu plugin as needed.
  4. Launch game via nw.exe.
  5. Press F8 and enjoy.

Tekimoto

Reputation score
I am having issues. Upon applying the speedhack, the text ingame stops working.

OP
Z

Zeemu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I am having issues. Upon applying the speedhack, the text ingame stops working.
I'm sorry it's not working properly for you. Could you post the name of the game and I'll investigate? Thanks.

OP
Z

Zeemu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey Zeemu, thanks again for this wonderful tool but some games create problems when you apply the hack to them.
One of them is https://ulmf.org/threads/remtairy-karryns-prison.13249/ , if you apply it then the game starts but the window is just a black screen. It happens even if you decrypt it.
Thanks for the report! I've posted v6.25 that fixes the issue.

The issue was that plugins.js file was not being patched correctly, because that game contains a very large plugins file with a lot of nonstandard text in it. It's possible to verify the plugins.js is patched correctly by checking if the file contains the line
Code:
{"name":"Speedhax","status":true,"description":"","parameters":{}},
as the last line before ];

darknessbank

Reputation score
Hi Zeemu
Can you check this game?

The problem is that there is no message
Unable to continue ( I mean press Z to continue the game )
And I Tested latest version v6.25 have the same problem

Attachments

Instablefox

Reputation score
Hi Zeemu
Can you check this game?

Got the same problem with multiple games.

OP
Z

Zeemu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi Zeemu
Can you check this game?

Got the same problem with multiple games.
Thanks for the report! Posted v6.26 that fixes the game.

The issue was that those games are using a 3rd party plugin for showing textbox text that didn't like the speedhack. I added a fix that should do it.

Keep me posted if there are any issues and remember to post game names.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hey Zee, I download a trial of but after applying your hack it seems to break the game and returns with "type error- undefined is not a function".

OP
Z

Zeemu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey Zee, I download a trial of but after applying your hack it seems to break the game and returns with "type error- undefined is not a function".
Thanks for the report! Posted v6.27 that fixes the game.

This is a good find as it highlighted an issue with the unreliable patching process.

Last edited:

darknessbank

Reputation score
Hi Zeemu
you still keep other Version? v6.26 - v6.27 or whatever
i want that if you can Send to me or Upload again and thank you for hard work

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zeemu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
you still keep other Version?
There should be no reasons to need old versions.. Is this about the speedup problem you reported before? I could make that toggleable during patching if needed.