What's new

[Complete - Partial] [さーくるてくあ / Circle-tekua] りりすいんないとめあ! / Lilith in Nightmare!

Fatalus

Reputation score
Hello again,

After finishing Crimson Leoquest, I decided to start working on Lilith in Nightmare.
Game thread can be found here: https://ulmf.org/threads/sa_kurutek...-lilith-in-nightmare-rj268129-re268129.13505/

I'm going to work on it exactly as I did with Leoquest, which is overwriting a machine translation with manual one as I play the game.
MACHINE TRANSLATION WAS DONE ENTIRELY BY Aesthetic AND HE TAKES ALL THE CREDIT FOR IT.

I will most likely not translate the female protagonist part, as I'm not really into her in this game. (Sorry)
Other nuance I want to talk about is the choice of male protagonist name. It seems there are some lines that are only used if you accept the name that Lilith proposes to you. I picked a different name. Keep that in mind.

How to patch your game - THIS PART IS A COPY FROM Green Thoughts THREADS WITH HIS PERMISSION. FULL CREDIT FOR THE GUIDE GOES TO HIM.

To apply the patch:

1. Unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker ( ). Instructions - look here for how to do that.
  2. Download the patch and unzip it using 7-zip (look for how to do that)
  3. Open up the patch and copy the "data" folder into the game's "www" folder. Before doing this, it's strongly recommended that you copy the existing "data" folder in www to another location, in case something happens. If you're using later version of the translation, there'll also be a "js" folder, copy this as well.
  4. You will be asked if you want to merge the folders, say yes.
  5. You will be asked if you want to replace the files, click on the box that asks if you want to do the same for all the files, then click on the first option to replace the files.

Lastly for my part, the actual translation file. BACK YOUR ORIGINAL GAME UP.
Keep in mind that this game has a staggering amount of text and multiple loss scenes to each enemy. This will take a lot of time. For now, please only report gamebreaking bugs.
Hope there's someone out there that will enjoy my work.

6.06.2020 Small update: The "Lilith Menu Final" file is independant file for menu translations only. You won't need to update it each time I upload a new game translation. This goes into your "www/js" folder where the game is located. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR "plugins.js" FILE. CREDIT FOR THIS ONE GOES TO Strange. He was kind enough to teach me how to find and translate those lines.

15.01.2021: Patch for 4.0 added. Thanks to the help of Strange (yet again and again!). ZIP file for 4.0 includes translation (data folder) and menus for 4.0 (js folder). The translation is "finished".

Attachments

Last edited:

ChaoticLust

Reputation score
Sank you for sharing, Tested it out, It works perfectly fine from start to end.

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Wow thanks! Between the hard work both of you did/are doing I can really enjoy this magnificently designed game. Thanks for making social distancing more manageable!

Wulfried

Reputation score
Forgot to add. This is for version 3.0 of the game and will only probably work properly with that one.
Hello there!
Thanks for the translation!
How can we know which version of the game we have?
By the way, i have a problem with the translation, as soon as i replace the data with the translated ones, i fail to load the title screen.
The error is "Failed to load: img/titles1/title0000.png".
I tried to look for the specific file in the data folder but there's only JSON files.
Thanks for the help guys!

EDIT: Apparently i have an old version of the game, seeing the translation has more JSON files than me. I replaced everything except the system.json and except for the menu in japanese, the game seems to be in english.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thanks for making social distancing more manageable!
I beg to differ.
ergotron.com said:
Position the 2D girlfriend at least 20 inches (51 cm) from your eyes—about an arm’s length distance.

How can we know which version of the game we have?
You have correctly guessed the way to tell which version you do not have: if you get that error chances are you don't have the correct version.
You can check your version in the readme.txt provided by DLsite.

Alternatively (not 100% sure) you can search www/data/system.json for "versionId". The number should check out with Fatalus'.

Wulfried

Reputation score
You have correctly guessed the way to tell which version you do not have: if you get that error chances are you don't have the correct version.
You can check your version in the readme.txt provided by DLsite.

Alternatively (not 100% sure) you can search www/data/system.json for "versionId". The number should check out with Fatalus'.
Thanks!
I now know that i should update my game, it's still the first version. I guess i'll check all my collection at once, i do it less than once a year..

jacob0876

Reputation score
I'm getting error (Failed to load: img/titles1/title0001.png). My game version is 3.1 (which is probably why the error is appearing), downloaded from the dlsite english side. I was using translator++'s machine translation and it worked fine up till chapter 6.1, which requires kills, but the map was empty, i got past it by swapping back to untranslated data, which somehow allowed the map to update and spawn the enemies (this also allowed items to spawn and new enemies to appear on the main area, along with properly showing the larger enemies). Does anyone know what file controls the mob spawns and items appearing in the world so I can swap that specific file and keep the translation.

OP
Fatalus

Fatalus

Reputation score
Well, here comes a big test for me. Let's see if I can update translation file from 3.0 to 3.1 without breaking everything. I will post the results (in the OP) in the evening if I manage to get it working.

As for your question, I don't know how to fix items/mob spawning and mobs not being big when they are supposed to be without using trans++. Maybe someone savvy in RPG Maker MV games can help you. From my side, I'll see what I can do to make 3.1 work asap.

jacob0876

Reputation score
Well, here comes a big test for me. Let's see if I can update translation file from 3.0 to 3.1 without breaking everything. I will post the results (in the OP) in the evening if I manage to get it working.

As for your question, I don't know how to fix items/mob spawning and mobs not being big when they are supposed to be without using trans++. Maybe someone savvy in RPG Maker MV games can help you. From my side, I'll see what I can do to make 3.1 work asap.
It's from one of the Map.json files, I keep every copy of Data files, plus one that i use/change. I doubt it is just a single map.json file, so I just swapped back the untranslated ones, the maps and text are untranslated, but items, weapons, combat text, and even the H content for the most part stay translated, since it seems the defeat scenes are handled by something other than the Map files. Still leaves the issue of actually reading the story, but that isnt an issue for the most part as only 6.1 seems to be a roadblock using the translated files.

OP
Fatalus

Fatalus

Reputation score
Let me get this straight then... It only breaks during chapter 6-1? This would help me narrow the problem faster if that was the case. There actually is a chance it's a single map.json file (maybe two or three if later chapters use the same map). My guess is authors added/removed some lines in the hotfix so the translated ones are in wrong places causing the error and breaking enemies spawning.

jacob0876

Reputation score
Let me get this straight then... It only breaks during chapter 6-1? This would help me narrow the problem faster if that was the case. There actually is a chance it's a single map.json file (maybe two or three if later chapters use the same map). My guess is authors added/removed some lines in the hotfix so the translated ones are in wrong places causing the error and breaking enemies spawning.
The translation I used was a full machine translations through Translator++, that tool can miss some things, so that's probably why. Particularly when there are over 200 batches to be translated. The reason 6-1 gets locked is because the enemies wont spawn, probably because the tool messed up one of the programming lines on a map.json. This issue also affects items on the field spawning, and the main area enemies not updating.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@jacob0876 From what I read, it's very likely your issue stems from your own modifications, and not Fatalus' work.

It's the other way around, by the way: you've probably left T++ to translate everything, and the issue would occur if you did not modify / deleted T++'s initial translation column. You need to double-check every single line, like what Fatalus is doing. To pinpoint your specific issue, use RPGMV to get the map id, event id if you can, and find out which line was a command and not a to-be-displayed text string. Then correct, either in T++ or in the json file directly. Keep a backlog of whatever you modified in any case, since the specfic oversight is likely to be found again in other maps.

...Or just wait for Fatalus to do the work for us - which will be easier if we'd only report bugs from his work.

OP
Fatalus

Fatalus

Reputation score
Yeah, we had a misunderstanding, he used my patch on a machine translation he made, which obviously broke items and enemies. We solved this in PMs.

I'm pretty sure I weeded out all the lines that break the game. It was easy once I found a pattern in trans++ code.

oathakafaze

Reputation score
Found Lilith in Nightmare when it first came out and prayed one day it can get translated... And I came upon this thread today T...T

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
If anyone else is having issues with getting the translation to work with version 3.1 (e.g. Failed to load: img/titles1/title0001.png), here's a fix:
  1. Open the ORIGINAL (v3.1) version of www/data/System.json
  2. All the way at the end of the file, make a copy of the "encryptionKey" value
  3. Apply the patch and open the modified System.json
  4. Replace the new encryption key with the old one you copied earlier
  5. The game should now be able to start
There might be further issues later somewhere, but I haven't found any.

130298az

Can we expect the H-scenes and smaller content to be translated one day? No pressure ofc

OP
Fatalus

Fatalus

Reputation score
Most of combat loss H scenes (if not all) for storyline are already translated. I'm working on EX bosses (end-game, no need to fight them to finish the story) now. Drain events are probably next.
As for random chit-chat... some will most likely slip through and be left as machine. There is a ton of "meaningless" text I'm afraid. But I'll do what I can.

Cyflan

Reputation score
Wish this had the female character's fights too, but still nice to have.
Personally not at all into the male character.

130298az

I saw that you've been working on some other translations besides this one. Please make sure to take your time so you don't get burnt out.

Looking forward to the translation update when its ready :)