What's new

School Courtyard

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Between the thick forests that lead into the waterfall grove and the buildings of the school lies the wide open courtyard. The courtyard is decorated with marble slabs that wind down the grass back to the school. Beyond that, the courtyard is a slightly sloped field, with the random tree placed sporadically. The main attraction that makes students visit this otherwise empty area is the hills. These hills provide a comfortable place for them to study, relax, or be with their friends, especially under the trees.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: School Courtyard

"Right, right. How long? Yeah sure, just take them up." Art disconnected his phone call and waited patiently for Corax to arrive for when the new arrivals turn up.

Even though it was mid morning it was a pleasantly warm day already with a slight breeze in the air. Art stood there, his arms crossed over his chest, his creased white shirt gently flapping as his toes curled in the moist grass.

"Man, I wish these newbies would hurry up," He lazily muttered to himself, checking the time on his phone every-so-often. "And where's Corax? He should've been here by now..."

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Corax emerged from between the nearby buildings, and walked over to join Art.

"Good morning. Am I late?"

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Only slightly, though I haven't been here long myself." Art stretches and lets out a yawn. "These new guys sure are taking their time."

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A man dressed in black dress pants, black dress shoes, a pressed white dress shirt, and a clean red tie, walks towards Art with a book in his hand, the cover disguised by brown paper wrapped over it as the man walks, seemingly both reading the book and knowing exactly where to go. Behind him follows a man in what appears to be a black tuxedo, carrying two large suitcases, one in each hand, and a smile on his face.

"This is the Gossamer Falls Boarding School, is it not?" the man with the book asks, a clearly Italian accent in his voice "If so, then I believe I am at the right place." he says, closing the book to reveal his hazel eyes covered by a pair of thick glasses, and brown messed hair from the wind. His head then motions, and the man in the tuxedo sets the suitcases down with a sigh. "That will be all, James. Please return home and tell my mother I have arrived safely. And do tell Cynthia Leo misses her very much." Leo says, the butler bowing and walking back the way he had came "Leonardo Shevanke. Pleasure to meet you." he says, reaching out his right hand to Art as he holds his book at his side.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Art watches as the two men walk up the path and stop short of him.

"Uh, yeah this is Gossamer," Art replies cheerfully as he uncrosses his arms and recieves the boys hand in a firm but friendly handshake. "I'm Artemis, and this here is Coraxus." Art releases Leo's hand. "We'll be your tour guides for today, though we'll have to wait for the others to arrive first." Leo would notice a wooden sword hanging over Art's back, obviously something he'd use to train with.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Nice to meet the both of you" Leo says, flexing his fingers afterward "Sorry about James. He insists on serving me to the day he dies." Leo says, turning and walking to one of his suitcases, opening it enough to slide his book inside, then closing it. "Non posso credere che il Mama ed il papà lo abbiano trasmesso qui" he mutters to no-one in particular in Italian "Pardon me."

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

High above in the nearby G Building, is a crosshair pointed directly at Art's head.
"About twenty meters. This shot'll be pathetically easy..." the man says, licking his lips in anticipation.

He had a stroke of luck when a cloud blocked the sun, eliminating the glare his scope was giving off. Drawing a deep breath, the man slowly tightened his grip on the trigger. He held his breath and pull the rest of the way, firing a perfect shot at his target.

Unforunately a potato launcher wasn't exactly the most accurate weapon in the world, even with a scope. The man ended up hitting a squirrel. Grumbling, he loaded another potato, and fired quickly this time. This time, he hit a rock near Art's foot. By now, the man was getting annoyed. He began firing and reloading at the student as quickly as possible. That is, until the entire fifty pound bag of potatoes was empty. The worst he did was splatter some potato on Art's shoe.

"For God's sake! Something's wrong with the scope!" Looking around, he picked up an apple and loaded it in. This time, he aimed at the same squirrel and fired. The squirrel exploded in a brilliant flash of apple, blood, and fur.

"It's not the sight..." he mumbled. Looking around outside, he made sure the coast was clear, then jumped on the window's edge. On his back was a handglider. How he managed to get the entire thing out the window, he wasn't too sure himself. "This is easily the worst idea I've had in a while, but I'll be damned if I don't feel awesome!" he thought.

Drawing another deep breath, Matthew Goldman, the janitor of Gosmer Falls, leapt out of the window. The breeze was gentle, allowing him to sail towards the group down below. Sadly, a freak gust of wind blew Matt off course, and he crash landed fifteen feet away from the group.

"That could've gone better..." he muttered, dusting himself off. He limped his way towards Art and patted him on the back. "No hard feelings, right?"

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"No problem," Art replies to Leo.

"One moment please," Art says to Leo and Corax as he turns around. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PLAYING AT YOU CRAZY BASTARD?!" Art shouts at Matt as he fires potatoes down at him. Turning back round Art ignores him until he crashlands. "I guess so seeing as you didnt kill any of us this time. What are you doing out here anyway?"

As Art talks to Matt a girl wearing denim short-shorts, black tights, black shorts, a blue cotton vest and a silk short walks up to the group quietly. Under her left arm she carries a very peculiar looking book, it appears as if the cover was made from some kind of leather with ornamental bones adorning the edges. She quietly makes her presense known by clearing her throat.

"H-hello, this is Gosamer Falls, right?" She says shyly.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"What am I doing here? What am I doing here you ask?" Matt shouts angrily. "I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I'M DOING HERE."

He goes quiet for a couple seconds then says, "Oh, hey Art. doing some community service or something?"

Noticing the girl, Matt turns to her and says, "Nah. Wrong island. Gosamer is the next one over."

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

With Art busy with the psychotic janitor, Corax turns to the new arrival.

"Yes, this is Gossamer Falls. If you're a new student, you're in the right place. The tour will start once the other students arrive, so until then just hang around here. I'm Coraxus, one of the tour guides. The one talking to the janitor *Corax gestures towards Art* is the other."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"........This is normal around here, right?" Leo asks, a slightly disturbed look on his face "If so.....I forgot my asprin at home." he says flatly, not noticing the new girl as he scratches the back of his right ear "Uomo anziano ritardato maledizione" he speaks in Italian, chuckling as he looks at Matt

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Something like that. The Countess has gone away on business and she took Yuuki with her, so she pretty much left Corax, Maria and myself in charge of student business." He pauses. "Wait, you didnt answer my question, what are you doing here?"

"Dont listen to him, he'll just mess with you head otherwise," Art says to the new arrival."

"Yeah, it's like this a lot," Art replies to Leo.

"I'm Isabella Greenway," the girl replies to the two boys. She then tucks her book into her chest, as if trying to stop any of them from trying to take it away from her. "Will we be waiting long?"

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"That depends on how long it'll take the other students to get here. Don't worry about the janitor, you get used to him."

Meanwhile, a boy in a red shirt and blue shorts approaches the group.

"Uh, is this where new students are supposed to meet?"

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Yep, sure is," Art greets the new arrival. "Th'names Artemis, this is Corax and we'll be your guides for today."

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Well that's a pa-" Matt freezes, with his mouth mid sentence.

"Y-Yuuki's... Gone...?" His face twists in some way that it's impossible to tell if he's happy or sad about this news.

"W-wait a minute! I am a damn good role model and you two know it!" He says, stomping his foot. Immediately, a rattlesnake falls out of his pocket.

"Oh.. That's Burt. I'm pretty sure he's poisonous, so watch out."

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Like hell you're a role model and what are you up to?" Art kicks the snake away. "And stop carrying around dangerous animals. Sheesh, what are you, crazy?" Art lets out a long sigh.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Burt! Nooo!" Matt says, pulling his best Chris Redfield impression he can. "Well I WAS gonna walk my snake, but seeing as how you just punted him, I think I have to spend the rest of the day making sure the wildlife isn't going to deplete,"

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"You implying I'm gonna kill all the other wildlife?" Art asks the janitor, a bemused expression on his face. "If anyone's the danger it's you, Lurch."

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Actually I meant the snake..." As Matt says this, Burt immediately devours the dead squirrel, the potatoes, the apple, and the rock.

"Now that's a problem,"