What's new

Scourge of the Silver Marches D&D 3.5

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Okay, there's been interest shown for this so I'm starting up another campaign using D&D 3.5. This one's one of my own creation, and it's set in Faerun.

Characters can be of any race with a +2 level adjustment or lower, and will be starting with exactly 17000 experience points, making a character with neutral level adjustment level 6. All classes are allowed, (though I'd prefer no homebrew,) so long as you tell me what they are and where to find them if they're particularly exotic. You'll start with no more than 20 gold each, but you'll be allowed to choose any non-magic equipment (a few pieces of masterwork is okay, but don't go crazy) that you want, including weapons and armor, and any supplies you might need. You'll also be allowed one piece of low end magic equipment of your choosing, for example a +1 weapon or ring of minor fire resistance.

The campaign is good-neutral aligned, but lawful or chaotic doesn't particularly matter. I'm looking for at least 4, but I don't want more than 8 just yet. Character priority goes to ex-players of Age of Worms.

Note: The books I recommend that you get/have include Monster Manuals 1-3 (2 is a maybe,) Races of Stone, and Races of Faerun.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Scourge of the Silver Marches D&D 3.5

*yoink*

Steals first player slot :)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

'Ello there poppet.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Also, it takes 15000 xp to reach level 6. 1+2+3+4+5 :)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I gave a little extra.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok, makes sense, thought you meant it was to be exact :)

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*shows interest*
How be we doing stats?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm hoping to get another level up sooner rather than later, cuz some of the enemies you'll be fighting are kinda scary.

I'll PM people their rolls, I do 6d6 and take the best 3, so it's pretty nice. I'll try to get you nice stat rolls, but if anyone really wants a re-roll just ask. You can pick which one goes where.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Should we draw up a sheet now?

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Ooo, ooo! I'm interested! *signs up*

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sure, the sooner we get a few character sheets up the better.
And now we've hit the minimum!

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

*signs up*

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Well Tass, for us to make character sheets, we require that you roll us stats first I guess. Just throwing that out there.

Also, I have a suggestion as far as the "1 minor magic item" rule goes. Give us a max price for said item. Not quite sure how much you'd set though, since it's your campaign.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Awaiting item details / hp details.

Fiendish Codex 1: Hordes of the Abyss content:
Feats: (I will be summarizing those I use here)
Cloak of the Obyrith (Abyssal Heritor Feat):
Prerequisite: Chaotic Alignment
Benefit: Character gains dr 1/lawful for each abyssal heritor feat they possess
Special: Due to relying more on the innate protection, the character is more careless about their well being and suffers a -2 penalty to survival.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Hehe, great books. I especially love the race and warlock prestige class from the codex 2. Actually, come to think of it, I might just play as that, I will decide once I get back home

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Just curious: can you prestige into the warlock prestige class from the warlock base class in complete arcane?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, I meant it's a prestige class for warlocks, although I have heard of a complete adventurer ninja prestige-ing into an oriental adventures ninja, there is no such thing as a warlock/warlock multiclass :) the prestige class I want is actually called Hellfire Warlock

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

This might seem odd, but I would actually like to sign up depending on how often you think the postings will occur. I won't take up a spot if I don't think I can make it on enough, though.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I for one can and usually will post daily, if there's anything that needs a post. If everything I'm in picks up all at once though, I will be splitting myself 8-10 ways, and will slow down accordingly.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Given that I'm one of the last of the AoW players to post, I'm going to pass. From what you said in the other thread, I prefer my characters die by my own hand than bring them into something that's death from the get-go. (I've had my fill of DM's putting me in lose-lose situations and going into a campaign knowing that the ultimate end result is death, I'm going to have to bow out.) That, and I've been playing Pathfinder too much. I can do the mental conversion when I have to switch between that and my 2nd Edition game but I'm getting utterly lost trying to do 3.5 stuff.

Hope y'all have fun, though!