What's new

VN/TEXT RPG [Lord Arioch] Seeds of Chaos (v0.2.41)

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'Py]

I wonder how your game will progress in keeping all the events random...It's hypocritical of Alexia to critique you claiming Helayna when she falls into a drunken fervor with Greyhide. It would be odd to trigger her library scene with Andras if she's already been more corrupted later in the story.

I can understand keeping all the sex as separate events, so people who don't want NTR/gay/straight stuff can just keep their likes and dislikes separate, but I also think the game loses something in a continuity level. That library scene is exactly alluring because it shows a change in Alexia's character, a growing corruption. I think the story would benefit from having scenes more linked together, forming chain of events that tie them all together.

Also, I am not as critical of momdadno's art as other people seem to be, but I must say, when I saw the Cla-min artwork I was a bit disappointed. Her sprite shows her to be shortstack while the artwork portrays her as more human-like. I think you spend most of your money on artwork, right? Then it's important to make sure that the art is high quality (generally good) and consistent (less so).

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I do plan on having more interaction between events, but it makes more sense to go back and do this retroactively after you see possible ways they can effect each other. In regards to behaviour clashes, we mitigate a lot of this with timers, i.e. the library event will always occur early in the game, so corruption won't be an issue. At later points, we'll use if/else to change the scene based on character stats / other factors.

I can't do a lot about continuity on the sex level, as even by making everything optional, the game has suffered (unfairly imo), but there will be more event chains coming in future.

I agree about MDN, and next time I'll make sure he draws her much shorter. I don't have the time now to get him to fix things and do the CGs on time for the monthly quota, but I do intend to get certain issues sorted at some point in the future.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Glad to hear about Cla-min specifically; for a second when I got that scene I thought it was a totally different character.

rufiyaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Played the game for a few hours and I love the scenes and all, and I hope it keeps going strong.

Though I'll be honest. As much as I love the art on the sex scenes, I was kinda expecting the same art style as they have with the VN portrait, which kinda made me feeling a bit disappointed when i found out it isn't. Again, I'm not saying that the sex art are bad, just didn't expect the inconsistency on art styles to the point that I didn't even recognize Alexia on some of her scenes. And at some of the sex art, her hair color seems to bounce all over from reddish to total blonde.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Latest version now available in the OP.

Release Notes
- Event system has been overhauled to allow for more complex control of event selection
- Job system added
- First two jobs, Librarian and Maid, available for Alexia from week 22 with a number of events
- New ruler events
- New sex scenes
- Orciad can now be started, visit the orc camp in the north-west corner of the map
- New sprites, backgrounds and CGs
- Gallery updated with all recent CGs
- Map GUI has undergone some visual improvement
- Turn count upped to 32 weeks

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Latest version now available in the OP.

Release Notes
- Event system has been overhauled to allow for more complex control of event selection
- Job system added
- First two jobs, Librarian and Maid, available for Alexia from week 22 with a number of events
- New ruler events
- New sex scenes
- Orciad can now be started, visit the orc camp in the north-west corner of the map
- New sprites, backgrounds and CGs
- Gallery updated with all recent CGs
- Map GUI has undergone some visual improvement
- Turn count upped to 32 weeks
You mean the links in the first page right? Also you probably have been asked this god knows how many times but how complete do you think the game is at this time?

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't know if I said this before but I'll say it again; I fear you've kind of worked yourself in a corner. I think at this point, you should have reached the kind of stage where you are putting out updates consistently. But content updates, and not so much mechanic updates. I still feel like every update kind of adds a new mechanic to the game or something. It's frustrating because it stops you from making updates that are essentially all story progression or H-scenes. There's still not really a point to equipment, some of the systems in the keep and dialogue there is unfinished, etc. I think it would be better if your first part of the game (everything until Raeve Keep) was basically a 100 % complete, and then you started working on the Orciad narrative.

I know that that first part is more or less complete but to give a kind of example; the spy system was something that basically should've worked from the beginning. There's no point to being like "hey you can get a brothel and spies you can't do anything with them though yet!". Then it would've been better to dedicate resources to another part of the game. I've seen in the Patreon updates that this update adds the Tavern job, yet when I look at the scene list I only find 4 new events, none of them linked to that particular thing. I can get busy on monster breeding, but does it work yet? Is there a real benefit to it? Again, I understand you can't add a system and immediately have 12 reasons for it to work, but in some way I feel like the game should've been further ahead by now with mostly content updates and adding mechanics when it is required. I don't know how far the Orciad narrative stretches in the current backer release, but there should be a story there. There should be a narrative, and that's something that's difficult for you to create because you limit the time of playing and the game is essentially open-world, which makes it hard to really create a logical narrative. I think many people have complained about not finding Raeve Keep or knowing they had to get there or why or why the Orciad narrative is a thing.

I fear I come across as a bit too critical, but I do love this game and everything about it. It's very unique in the H-games scene and I would love to see it succeed, but I think you sometimes have your priorities wrong. And this I DO know I've mentioned before, but you have an artist problem. I don't wanna exaggerate too much, but when I saw the tavern scene on your Patreon, I generally didn't recognize Alexia, save for her hair. I know momdadno is a pretty stylized artist and I feel like he basically changed his drawing style from the prologue to the actual game, but it's getting a bit much.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
OP has been updated with links for the new version (0.2.22). Merry Christmas / Happy holidays!

Release Notes
- Turn count upped to 36
- New Ruler events
- Four new sex scenes
- More content for the Orciad narrative
- New Job for Alexia - Tavern
- Framework and initial content for journal added
- New BGs, sprites, and CGs

Mirza86

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I just recently became a Patron for this game after stumbling across it on this wonderful site, and I must say that this game doesn't get nearly enough praise. The artwork(while certainly has some continuity errors) is amazing, and the writing is even better! It's so rare to get a game from this viewpoint, and then to add corruption/NTR on top of it? It's seriously really good and I cannot wait for more.

As you have been doing this for a while, I'm sure I don't need to say it, but please don't mind the naysayers on these forums. Taking constructive criticism and incorporating changes into the game can certainly help a few things, but I've found that more often than not it just leads to other issues. I mainly write this today to ask you to ignore the people on this site like DawnCry, who couldn't have been more rude and calloused in their reply on your thread, and just do you. The game is coming slowly but surely, and I am willing to throw my money at you to keep up the amazing work! Can't wait for the next release!

P.S. Did you actually end up hitting the goal of putting out monthly releases? I think I remember seeing you post something about doing the monthly releases even though you hadn't quite hit the goal on your Patreon, but I wasn't sure if that was the case or not. Just thought I would put out the news into this forum for those who still follow you here and didn't know about the changing (for the better!) schedule.

Mirza86

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
You keep speaking as if you are the creator of this game, and then lament "What the game was supposed to be". Who are you to say that this isn't exactly what Lord Arioch wanted for his game in the first place? It's great that you have all these ideas for the game, but it isn't your creation(I doubt you are even a Patron) and in just that one comment of yours, 2 of the 3 sentences bemoan the fact that this game isn't "what it wanted to be". That is why I called you rude, and I should have used the word arrogant over calloused, because you seem to think that whatever YOU think is what the game SHOULD be rather than the creator himself.

Who knows, maybe you are right? Maybe Lord Arioch is reading through your comments and saying, "Wow! I couldn't have put it better myself!". But until he comes onto these forums and says so himself, I will continue to believe that he is creating the game as he wants to. I don't want to derail the thread any further so I won't be replying to anything else you send.

Back to topic, it's probably a long way off, but I am really looking forward to getting the nemesis system going! That along with the randomness of the events that pop will really make every playthrough a unique experience and I for one cannot wait!

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
You keep speaking as if you are the creator of this game, and then lament "What the game was supposed to be". Who are you to say that this isn't exactly what Lord Arioch wanted for his game in the first place? It's great that you have all these ideas for the game, but it isn't your creation(I doubt you are even a Patron) and in just that one comment of yours, 2 of the 3 sentences bemoan the fact that this game isn't "what it wanted to be". That is why I called you rude, and I should have used the word arrogant over calloused, because you seem to think that whatever YOU think is what the game SHOULD be rather than the creator himself...
Wow slow down, DawnCry just expressed his opinion, and it's quite neutral opinion, and compared to usual bothersome "patreon drama" in another treads I never saw nothing negative against this game. So stop unreasonable throw rotten tomato at another users, this game don't need defenders, at least yet.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
OP now updated with new public release 0.2.23 as 0.2.24 is available to backers.

Release Notes
- New ruler events
- New map events (swamp)
- Six new sex scenes
- New job for Alexia - Breeding pits
- Continuation of the Helayna storyline (to trigger it, refuse to help Helayna escape. Storyline revolving around helping her will be added in a later release)
- Introduction of Rowan's first staff member, Liurial
- New sprites, BGs, and CGs

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
0.2.25 is available to backers, so the OP has been updated with 0.2.24.

Release Notes

- Story advancing "Dream" events
- Two new repeatable sexual interactions with Liurial
- Week one of Alexia's punishment
- Two other sex scenes
- Introduction to the Fey narrative, introducing two new characters.
- New job for Alexia - Forge
- New sprites, BGs, and CGs

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
We're doing a survey to see what people think of the game, and what they'd like to see in future. If you'd like to take part, you can .

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Welcome to the monthly release update for Seeds of Chaos! While we’ve always updated Patrons on the contents of every release, the way we presented this information wasn’t all that exciting. Since we’re proud of the work we put into the game, we figured it made sense to properly showcase what we do each month.

As such we’ll do a monthly in-depth post that touches on everything we’ve added to the game. Keep in mind that these posts will contain spoilers (but nothing too major).

RELEASE 0.2.30
You may remember that I said a few months earlier that I was temporarily suspending public releases while we overhauled the UI, because I didn’t want to release a public version while it was a work in progress. The good news is, the UI overhaul is now complete (and looks pretty great if you ask me), and because it took three months, the new public release has three month’s worth of content.

As of this month, we’ll be returning to our usual schedule, releasing the previous backer release when we release the new backer version, but for now, enjoy this bumper sized one.

USER INTERFACE IMPROVEMENTS
Almost every screen in Seeds of Chaos has received visual updates and improvements. Listing the changes would bore anyone to death, so I’ll just spam some images to showcase the new direction.

ART
We have fifteen unique CG’s added this month, featuring a ton of characters.

Included are:
- Four with Rowan and his submissive secretary, the elf, Liurial
- Two that feature Alexia with the wulump, a tentacle beast
- Three CGs of threesome fun featuring Greyhide
- Indarah, the tavern owner, in her first CG
- And more!

NEW EVENTS
Due to the amount of content in this release, it would take too long to list everything, but importantly, the update includes fourteen new sex scenes. We’ve also finished off all the content for the narrative related to Helayna’s escape from the castle - Rowan can now choose to help her escape, and the punishment for Alexia if she is caught now includes four weeks in the dungeons (each with its own sex scene), and the option to have Rowan punish her instead. For those of you who choose to keep Helayna at the castle, we have also added ruler events that deal with the aftermath.

We’ve also added more new ruler events, new events to the Orciad explore pool, allowing you to learn more about the camp, as well as a number of new resource events for villages, mines, and abbeys, including a sex scene featuring a nun, which is sure to be the first, and not the last!

That’s it for today’s update! If you haven’t played Seeds of Chaos for a while, the game now receives monthly updates for backers with at least five CGs and fifteen thousand words of new content, and includes:

- Over three hours of linear game play, with more including optional content
- Over two hundred and fifty thousand words of content
- Over seventy Ruler events, over forty map events, and over fifty resource events
- Over sixty sex scenes
- Five choosable jobs for Alexia, each with their own unique events
- Over ninety unique CGs (and over one hundred and sixty including variations)

Version 0.2.30 of Seeds of Chaos is downloadable for Windows / Linux , and for Mac . Please consider supporting us on .

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

We’ve just released version 0.2.36 to our backers, where the main focus for the month was adding the final path to the Orciad narrative – rescuing the captive Lady Eleanor Delane. In addition to the Orciad content, we also continued working on our Fey narrative, which sees Rowan having to choose between two opposing factions; the shadowy Midnight Court, and the bestial Red Sun Alliance.

As a result, the previous backer release is now available to the public, with the following routes finished for the Orciad:

– Supporting Ulcro by convincing Lady Delane to be his concubine
– Supporting Batri by corrupting Lady Delane to be his slut
– Supporting Tarish by providing her with Lady Delane, and the tools to outsmart Batri and Ulcro

ART

This month we have five new CGs for you, four by momdadno, and one by Sommelier, covering a variety of different fetishes.
Included are:

– Andras x Alexia (NTR)
– Rowan x Sheera (Anal)
– Rowan x Alexia (Vanilla)
– Rowan x Cla-Min (Titjob)
– Dazzanath x Rowan (Gay)

NEW EVENTS

As the main focus is the Orciad, the majority of event content this month focuses on events that occur in the camp. These include more interactions with Lady Delane, the climactic battle between Ulcro and Batri, and post-battle celebration scenes for all three potential leaders.

Also included are five new sex scenes, all related to the different paths you can take in the event.

These include:

– Ulcro x Delane
– Batri x Delane
– Kraug & Snag x Delane
– Rowan x Tarish
– Andras & Batri x Rowan

We also have new relationship ruler events, two featuring Cliohna, and one for Liurial.

Version 0.2.35 of Seeds of Chaos is downloadable for Windows / Linux , and for Mac . Please consider supporting us on .

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Version 0.2.41 Now Public

We’ve just put out our latest release to our backers on time, focusing on advancing the story with around ten thousand words of new Rastedel content, with Rowan returning to the city after the events of the Battle of Astarte. The new version also introduced a new character, Nasim, who will be focused on transformation content and will be featured more over the next few months. We’ve also increased the number of CGs added each month by fifty percent, from six to nine.

With 0.2.42 released, this means that we are making 0.2.41 available to the public. This release is another mixed bag one, as we continue to work on wrapping up the first realm, Rosaria, later in the year. It has a bunch of new events in the ruler event pool, and the tavern job event pool, while we have also added comprehensive notes in the codex to the entire Orciad event chain to help people in getting the outcome that they want. Next month, the focus will be on Rastedel.

ART

This month we have six CGs as usual, with other ten variants, as well as one new sprite, and one new BG:

- Rowan x Alexia CG (Blowjob)
- Alexia Solo CG (Futa)
- Greyhide x Alexia (Beastman)
- Jezera x Half-Minotaur Girl CG (Shibari)
- Rowan x Mystery Woman CG (Vanilla)
- Andras & Batri x Rowan CG (Gay)
- Mary Sprite
- Grand Lodge Background

NEW EVENTS

As mentioned earlier, this release has two new ruler event, focused around sexual scenes with both Jezera and Andras. In addition, we also have eight tavern job events, including a new sex scene between Jak and Indarah.

We also spent some time making edits to the Greyhide x Alexia scene, to address the concerns of people who felt that it was too rushed. At a future date, we will be introducing another scene featuring stretching, that will precede it, and hopefully, solve this issue.

This month we have four new sex scenes:

- Jezera x Rowan (Handjob)
- Jezera x Rowan (Femdom, Denial)
- Andras x Rowan (Gay, Exhibitionism)
- Jak x Indrah (Rough sex)

Version 0.2.41 of Seeds of Chaos is downloadable for Windows / Linux, Mac, and Android . Please consider supporting us on .