What's new

VN/TEXT RPG [Lord Arioch] Seeds of Chaos (v0.2.41)

AkiTooru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'Py]

I was playing it and noticed I couldn't save after going to the map screen to the first time you can't save anymore. It's like the map screen takes away you ability to save and then forgets to give it back afterwards. (If it helps, I started a new game, skipped the prologue, chose to serve Jezera for the hope of seeing Alexia again, and disabled NTR.)

Last edited:
OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Once you go to the map part of the game, you can't save again until the next week begins. This is just to stop people save scumming exploration / ruler events.

(Seems the earliest it gives the save function back is start of week 4, will look into it.)

Last edited:

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You can save on the screens that say "Week x".

The only other thing I kinda wanted to note had to do with the sex scenes, Jezera x Alexia in particular. I feel like it's implied that the tea was "drugged" (or Jezera sex magik) but if that wasn't the path you were going for it felt rushed maybe? But if there was something in the drink or magik was involved it was fine.

Andras x Rowan maybe also suffers from it somewhat, but I felt like it was less noticeable/Rowan had a better reason to do what he did.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Edit: I misremembered and DM has rightfully corrected me - it was the teapot, not the tea.

Last edited:

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

How often do you think people will have to restart the game per release by the way? I don't want to invest in getting multiple saves going now if previous savegames won't work on the next release for example.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

A while off yet. The problem is that when you first visit a map, it is generated, so any changes we make to the map between versions would not be made on your save file. Hoping to fix this in future by only adding new region maps when the tiles are fixed, but until then, restarting will be needed.

extreme1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Watching this project closely as I enjoyed what I got to play so far. The ntr stuff was pretty hot however I do hope you continue to allow us to avoid that if we choose so. And also allow us to rekt Andras later on. :D

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Watching this project closely as I enjoyed what I got to play so far. The ntr stuff was pretty hot however I do hope you continue to allow us to avoid that if we choose so. And also allow us to rekt Andras later on. :D
If the NTR filter is on, you'll never see it. If it is off and you keep Alexia relatively pure, you'll avoid it as well.

Backers got the new version at the weekend, will be released to the public on the 11th. :)

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Have you considered making scenes repeatable? I feel like the scenes from 0.2.05 with Andras and Jezera could definitely work in that way, especially if Alexia has some kind of hidden "Corruption" variable. The Andras scene as well could be repeatable, with different characters (like Alexia!) giving reports or whatever.

Last edited:
OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Have you considered making scenes repeatable? I feel like the scenes from 0.2.05 with Andras and Jezera could definitely work in that way, especially if Alexia has some kind of hidden "Corruption" variable. The Andras scene as well could be repeatable, with different characters (like Alexia!) giving reports or whatever.
I'd like to stick to unique scenes, and the writing isn't really slowing development down anyway (money for assets is), so it isn't an issue at this point. If that changes, I might consider making some scenes repeatable, but they'd been variants like the one you suggest as I'm not a fan of seeing the same content more than once in games.

extreme1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Will 2.07 make it into the feb11 public build?

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Will 2.07 make it into the feb11 public build?
Yeah, but the bulk of the new content was added in .06. .07 was an extra release to disable save restrictions until later in development, as this was requested by players to make it easier to play around with the new events.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Here's the new release, enjoy :)

- Turn count upped to 15
- Castle overhaul has begun, new rooms added
- 6 castle events added, 2 of which are sex scenes (including the game's first futa scene)
- 10 exploration events added
- 2 capturable mines and villages added to the map
- 16 resource events added
- Cliohna now provides reports on completion of research
- Alexia has a new outfit more suited to wearing outside of the bedroom
- Remaining art for Andras x Alexia scene has been added
- Andras x Alexia scene added to the replay gallery
- Castle Hallway background added
- Week start autosave feature added (slot 12)
- Saving is now available at all times (will be disabled later in development)
- Rowan's room now has a "Skip week" option to enable easier cycling for ruler events (will be disabled later in development)
- Cliohna now prompts player to choose a new research topic when the previously chosen one is complete
- Map now uses variant art tiles at random for plains / forest / hills / swamp to make the map look less homogeneous

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sweet! Allowing saving is really good, much more fun and easy to experiment with choices now. X'zaratl scene was top, as was Alexia and Andras in the library...looking forward to more!

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sweet! Allowing saving is really good, much more fun and easy to experiment with choices now. X'zaratl scene was top, as was Alexia and Andras in the library...looking forward to more!
Glad you enjoyed it. There's also a sex scene involving Cla-Min's family, in case you missed it (it requires you to have heard the goblin rumour, so if you are just skipping weeks instead of exploring, it won't occur).

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh, I found that scene, but goblin BJs is just less of a fetish of mine than futa and NTR/corruption are ;)

Last edited:
OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Cool, just wanted to make sure you hadn't missed it.

The good news is we've made a good jump on the next release already, and I can happily say it will be available to the backers in two weeks, and the public in four. :)

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's that time of the month again. :)

Release Notes

- Week count upped to 18
- Over 20 new events
- 5 new sex scenes
- 3 new resource types
- Raeve Keep has been added to the map (east of portal), and conquering the keep by force has been added
- Introductory scene with Draith now triggers when building the Breeding Pits
- Castle room NPCs now greet the player and have talk functions
- CGs and variants added to the post goal #1 Rowan x Alexia scene, and this scene has been added to the replay gallery
- New armour has been added, and old armour has been rebalanced
- Squashed a bug relating to completing research which currently do not have completion reports
- 100% more yeti hunting

Known Issues

- Missing sprite for knight
- Yeah, I know Rowan's skin tone is inconsistant, I'll get momdadno to fix this at a later date, it is not a big issue
- I didn't drink enough coffee this morning and labeled the version wrong, just ignore the number

Last edited:

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The characters talking when you go to meet them is real fun, it adds some character to the gameplay moments now.

No idea how to get the Breeding Pits though. I would assume it's not linked to research in any way, as I feel like I've tried most options. And my run for this version was just real unlucky as I barely had any cash to make Skordred build stuff so I couldn't really experiment with building stuff.

Speaking of Skordred, I felt like his scene was a bit...out there. I feel like the game takes place in a grim world and to then have the dwarf be "Oh I have to suck you off to make you a statue!" it feels kinda...silly?

Also, when I went to conquer Raeve Keep, the game threw me an error. It was also kind of weird as it immediately asked me to go for the assault, without introducing me to any of the characters first. I didn't use old saves.

Last edited:
OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

To get the pits you have to research 'Survivalism and cartography' first which opens up the 'Monster taming' research.

Thanks for letting me know about the weird behaviour, I'll look into it.