What's new

VN/TEXT RPG [Lord Arioch] Seeds of Chaos (v0.2.41)

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'Py]

Been awhile since I played this, so time to play it again!

Will edit this post with what I thought of it when I get done.

Edit: And finally done! Whoo boy, there's a lot that's been added since I last played it. Hot damn bruh. Good shit to be enjoyed. Some good humor, and of course, some dark shit too. Overall, I'm quite pleased with what's been given so far.

Now, I've seen a few spelling errors, like there's some random "w" in some words. Might wanna go back through the beginning and spell check it. Just a head up.

Also, came across three of these errors during the keep attack.

Last edited:

Ayeka

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Link in first port is to o.1.10 version, whil claiming is to 0.2.10. Mistake with uploading?

Cheru

Reputation score

Greetings!

I've stumbled upon your game a week ago or something like that. That's amzaing! That's probably the best VN I have ever seen and I've seen many of them. Japs can learn a thing or two from you guys. The mood, the gameplay(even the way it is now)... it is all great! Oh, and the artwork of course! Keep it up. Keep it the hell up! xD
As for the problem with attack on Raeve keep. Guys, you can "ignore" it... you'll have to ignore four times at least. No errors after that.

Andras.

There is so much hate towards Andras across the net. Yeah, he's a bad guy and an ass but still... so much hate. People already think of multiple ways of torturing or killig him that it's not even funny. It's a game for Slaanesh's sake! More than that - those who like Andras and Alexia's content with him are faggots. (=.=)
Seriusly, people, chill the hell out! I think the main problem of theese guys is that they identify themselves with Rowan a bit too much. "He's tricked and fucked my wife! I'm gonna kill him!" and such. At the same time, they are OK with Jezera, even love her. They are already making plans about how Jezera will help them defeat Andras and then will let them go with Alexia to live happily ever after. It's so naive. These people forget that it was Jezera who deceived Rowan and sent him into a trap, it was Jezera who drugged Alexia to have sex with her. As for me, Jezera is much more evil and dangerous than Andras. Jezra generally can work as some kind of a carrot and Andras is like a whip to get wedged into the couple's confidence, and then enslave them completely. I can already see how these haters whine about how bad Jezera is and how kind Andras was to them.
The fact that Andras is evil does not makes him unattractive. We all remember Palpatine and how everyone both hated and loved him. Why? He is a master of decieving, manipulation, and corruption. What of Shang Tsung played by Cary-Hirouki Tagawa? Everyone loves him! What Tagawa himself says about his character:
"I think the general trait for the bad guys is that there is an attraction. I mean, it's not that you're left to hate him but there is a certain attraction people will have towards this character."
Maybe it's not a completely accurate quote but I'm totally agree with him. Personally, I feel the same kind of attraction towards Andras.
Everyone says that Andras is a mindless brute. I disagree. Let's remember how he kept Alexia in the dark all this time, while he himself created for her the idea that he is all white and fluffy. She was already beginning to feel attracted to him and wanted to have sex with him. Not just because she wanted to save Rowan but also because she wanted it herself. Let us also not forget the scene in the library? Here we can see a hint that Alexia herself recalls those sweet moments with the demon(if she had sex with him). We can also see how he atempts to tempt her with forbidden knowledge and such. Is mindless brute capable of such thing? I think not. A mindless brute would have raped Alexia long ago, without all these games and such. Andras has far more in him than meets the eye.
I can't say I'm into NTR thing really, but I'm not against it. With Alexia I still said "OK, let's just see what will happen". And... Hell, that was HOT and epic. The mood, the text, the ARTWORK... for me, Andras x Alexia is the hottest scene in the whole game for now! People who hate Andras just for the whole point of NTR seem to forget that Rowan had sex with Jezera or they are simply OK with it. It's just the same succubus/incubus thing. These people can still like such scenes and artwork but when you mark it as NTR they instantly go with "Eww... gross!". They seem to forget that anything succubus/incubus related is NTR, that characters they fuck with can have loved ones, a husband or a wife. That's hypocrisy, if you ask me.
All in all, I like Andras and I can't wait for more interactions with him(and Alexia). xD

A few questions about corruption.

Blood for the Blood God! Ahem... sorry, got carried away. Will there be any way to lower the level of corruption? Not just on Rowan but on Alexia and other NPCs as well? Will corruption have any effect on character's appearance, such as growth of horns, darker/redder/bluer shade of skin, etc? Personally, I hope it will not have such an effect(I like my Alexia the way she is now xD).

Kinks.

What else we can expect? It is said in the game's description that there is monster/monster girl sex, what does it mean? Does it mean sex with orcs or more heteromorphic creatures, such as driders and tentacle monsters?

NPCs.

Judging by his interactions with Rowan, Greyhide is also a gay. Such a shame. Again rainbow guys have the most interesting characters to play with - Greyhide and that dark elf. Can we expect to see heterosexual characters such as these or at least bi? There is too much vanilla heterosexual characters in VNs...
What can you tell us about Summoning chamber and it's NPC? I saw some character concept arts and there was some lich-like guy in robes, is that him? What kind of smut scenes we can see with him, if any? Obviusly, there isn't much to do with a skeleton in bed(unless it has a spectral dick o_O), maybe he can summon someone or something to "play" with other characters?

Last edited:
OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

There's a new version in the OP that fixes the Raeve Keep bug. :)

Zodiark> Glad you are enjoying it. I think we've made good progress in the last few months, and with most of the heavy coding done, we are moving along at a good clip, adding 15k+ words of content each month. Hopefully it won't be long until the game is much bigger.

Ayeka> Yeah, I labelled it wrong in the config (this is mentioned in the release notes if you look at the last item. :))

Cheru> Glad you are enjoying the game, and thanks for your kind words.

Andras / Jezera - You are right about A & J, she's definitely the carrot to his stick, and certainly just as bad as he is (and perhaps even worse). I think some people are thinking they can kill off Andras and have some sort of happy ending with his sister; that isn't happening.

Corruption - They will be ways to lower corruption for all major characters, but they won't be repeatable, and they'll probably be balanced with some sort of cost. There might be an option to change how Alexia looks if she gets really corrupted, but like most things in the game I'd let the player decide if they wanted that somehow before it happened.

Kinks - Yeah, both sex with humanoid monster races, as well as the more exotic ones you mentioned.

Greyhide - He's bi actually, and there's an event in the next release where you'll be able to choose which way you want that to go.

Summoning - This room will allow you to add demons to your army at a heavy cost. Not sure what we are going to do sex wise with Ammanus as he is a lich and lacks the proper equipment, as you say. Maybe something magic related. :)

Cheru

Reputation score

Heh. Don't mention it. Thank you for making such a game. We need more games with villain POVs... and smut xD

Muhahahahaha! Just like I thought! Although, it's better not to spoil such revelations about the characters. I want to see the tears of these naive fools and hear their cry of despair! Though ... maybe it's a trick, not a spoiler? Argh! Such a suspense!

I get it, make every "anti-corruption pill" count. Reasonable. I like it!

Gooooooooood! (c) Palpatine.

Well, that's reasurring! Now... I just need to survive through my exams and this waiting.

So, his name is Ammanus? 'kay. I think we'll get along with him, I love necromancy! And yeah, something magic related.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It might be good to, while this game is still in development, up the chances of events related to sex scenes happening. I've played through the most recent version twice and twice wasn't able to get the Cla-Min scene for instance, just because the event wouldn't trigger. I mean, it might have been a bug, or we're at that point where the events outnumber the weeks. Because of this I also don't know if I've found the 5 sex scenes you mentioned. Does Helayna's scene count as two or only one?

Cheru

Reputation score

TheMagister,
Don't know, man. I've traveled a lot across the map and that goblin BJ isn't that rare scene for me...

As for the 5 new sex scenes.
1) Rowan x Helayna 2) Helayna x orcs 3) Jezera x Doran... 4&5? No idea.

Last edited:

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've never had problems unlocking it in previous versions, but this time around it's been impossible to find.

And regarding the scenes, that's it. I don't know if Helayna x Rowan and Helayna x Orcs count as two different scenes. Number 4 in that list is Skordred and number 5 is Cliohna.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

They count as two separate scenes (as I have to buy two lots of art).

The requirement for that goblin scene was added in the last release (you have to hear the rumour about the goblin prince, then have the conversation with Cla-Min about goblins) so if you are just skipping weeks, that would explain why you aren't getting it. If not, I'm not sure why as, like Cheru, it happens for me quite a bit (and there's always going to be more scenes than you can see, the point is to add some replayability).

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Here's the new public release.

Release Notes
- Turn count upped to 22
- The second goal (capture Raeve Keep by week 22) can now be completed (or failed)
- First society decision added - influence the twins and shape life at Castle Bloodmeen
- Almost 20 new events, bringing the total ingame count to over 100
- Six new sex scenes
- Courtyard and keep exterior backgrounds have been added to Raeve Keep (interior to follow)
- Knight sprite has been added to Raeve Keep scenes
- Two out of three (plus variants) cgs have been added to the X'zaratl x Rowan x Alexia scene
- Numerous typo / wrong tense / conflicting text mistakes have been fixed
- A number of castle room features have been added to in game menus, with the rest to follow
- Orc morale cost has been greatly reduced

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can't wait for more AlexiaxAndras and general Alexia corruption. All the X'zaratl, Andras and Jezera stuff is good too though ;)

Also, is there a reason the living quarters now show Jezera and not Alexia? I know that's the case if you keep the same room, but I didn't get Alexia in the living quarters or Rowan's chambers.

Last edited:
OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Also, is there a reason the living quarters now show Jezera and not Alexia? I know that's the case if you keep the same room, but I didn't get Alexia in the living quarters or Rowan's chambers.
That was a mistake the guy who helps me program stuff made, Jezera is always supposed to be the NPC there, while you use the "Visit" option to see Alexia if she doesn't live with you (not added yet).

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Is it possible for someone to upload a save file?

I got to a point where it game overs and I'm not too keen on starting over again.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Been a while due to the change in the release schedule, but the new public release is out and has been added to the OP. The backer release, which is one version ahead, is available on the patreon.

Release Notes
– Patching architecture added, meaning from now on we can patch saves from previous versions, making them a lot more compatible
– Spying mechanic added – building a brothel and hiring spies will allow you to infiltrate targets
– Infiltration events added to villages
– Infiltration route added to Raeve Keep
– Ruined Arthdale location hex, and start of rebuilding quest added
– New map resource, Drider’s Nest, has been added, which will allow you to recruit driders if you have built breeding pits
– Drider’s Nest events, and breeding related Castle events added
– New character, Shaya, added
– 4 new sex scenes added
– 4 new CGs (with variations) added
– Colour adjustment on some of the CGs by my good friend Yron (of fame) so Rowan looks a bit less tanned
– Backgrounds for Jezera’s room and Cla-Min’s caravan added
– More missing castle menu features added

besggk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is it possible for someone to upload a save file?

I got to a point where it game overs and I'm not too keen on starting over again.
erm would like one too..

corrupted

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Currently having trouble with text and buttons not showing up on certain screens. The copy of the game works fine on other computers, attach is a screen shot of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

A couple of people have had this problem, and unfortunately it is an issue between Ren'Py and the graphics hardware, so not a lot we can do.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Version 0.2.18 is now available in the OP. If you haven't played the game in a while, we've made quite a lot of changes and progress since the initial stages. The game now has:

- the intro plus 24 playable weeks (over two hours of (linear) game play)
- a much larger map to explore, with new resource types to capture
- new mechanics such as spying (and in the backer release, NPC jobs for Alexia)
- nearly 30 sex scenes, with 3-5 being added in each new release
- over 35 unique CGs (plus variants), with 5+ being added in each new release
- a lot more other art assets (character sprites and backgrounds)

Release Notes
- Map size has been increased to represent half of Rosaria
- Lots of new resource hexes have been added as a result, with new resource events
- The game has undergone extensive balancing
- Villages and keeps now require military points to be spent in order to capture or destroy them
- A new storyline has been added to Raeve keep that allows you to claim Helayna. This will have an effect on your relationship with Alexia
- Five new sex scenes have been added
- Three more backgrounds have been added to the castle
- Four new CGs, plus variants have been added

corrupted

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I found a fix to my problem I posted about a few posts up, if anyone else is having the same problem you should hold shift and G together after you start the game and than pick one of the options in the graphical acceleration list and than restart the game, keep picking until one works or you run out of options. That is how I fixed the problem for myself, don't know if it might work for others.

Last edited:
OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks corrupted, will pass the news on to others who have had the same problem. :)