What's new

[Complete - Full] [Shiboo!] Magical Fighting Princess Rirustia // 魔法闘姫リルスティア (RJ284312)

Meowstrophe

Reputation score
This will be my first translation I've worked, and thus I need feedbacks on hows the translation (especially H scenes and the japanese onomatopoeia)

Main thread : https://ulmf.org/threads/shiboo-rirusutia-rj284312.14347/

Translation Progress = ~99%
I might miss some small stuff, so do let me know (especially if it's an important ones)

Gameplay : 7/10
The battle has an unique system, it is a simple one but unique nonetheless. It's basically a barrier that able to mitigate for 10 hits before it disappears, and without the barrier, the damage you take is going to skyrocketed, making you very vulnerable. Other than that, it's a pretty bland battle where you charge your MP (TP) and unleash an instakill-magic. Grinding is severely shortened by an instakill move that can triggers at the start of the battle, only random and low-level enemies though.

Good music choice for battles, and has it's original BGM for credits.

Hscene : X/10
Pretty varied between person about this one, it's full of rape which is good in my book, and some "despair" almost on every scene which is the thing I'm after, and one pregnancy. I guess I'll give it 9/10.

This is for version 1.1.0, it may or may not work with older version, but it will certainly broke if you try to access the newer content with older version
DL Link :
Or download it from the attached file

To install the patch, just extract the patch and copy it to the game folder (the directory with the .exe)

Attachments

Last edited:

Oir

Reputation score
Looks like a very nice game! Looking forward to the complete translation!
Thank you for doing god's work :)

OP
Meowstrophe

Meowstrophe

Reputation score
It would also be helpful if you tell me where at point in the game you get that error

Anyway, I kinda have some trouble with translating the custom menu from the plugins Shiboo! use because I don't know where to translate it as I can't find them anywhere in the rpgmv engine, 2 of them are currently won't be translated (it's not even a major thing, you can brute your way force on skill tree menu, and status is just addition)

Attachments

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Can confirm.
I get that same error and with 1.1.
Are we the only ones i wonder?
And it's just as i'm booting up the game

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Appears immediately at startup.
Did you unpack the game first? That's usually what causes that, system files rarely get touched in translations, there's no need.

It would also be helpful if you tell me where at point in the game you get that error

Anyway, I kinda have some trouble with translating the custom menu from the plugins Shiboo! use because I don't know where to translate it as I can't find them anywhere in the rpgmv engine, 2 of them are currently won't be translated (it's not even a major thing, you can brute your way force on skill tree menu, and status is just addition)
Plugins are usually located in the menu that pops up when you press F10.
From there it gives you a menu, plugin names are on the left, their values are on the right window.
Odds are the text for the screen is declared in there, I believe you can use CTRL+F to search that specific plugin and CTRL+SHIFT+F to search all plugins for specific text,
so if you run the game, open the menu, copy the text from whatever text hooker you're using (Clipboard logger I would assume if it's MV) and then search for it in the F10 menu,
you should find it.

Failing that, the plugins are all Javascript so the values are stored in plaintext, download Notepad++, make sure it installs the .js plugins when you're installing,
go to the "Plugins" folder in the game folders, open one .js file with Notepad++, from there you can search the entire "Plugin" folder by pressing CTRL+F and pointing the search interface to the "Plugins" folder,
then just paste the term from the status menu that you want to search for. A little more tedious than doing it through MV, but it works.

Just be sure to make a backup of the Plugins folder before you do any of that, just in case.

OP
Meowstrophe

Meowstrophe

Reputation score
Did you unpack the game first? That's usually what causes that, system files rarely get touched in translations, there's no need.
This is sadly what I did in this translation, I did decompile the game and thus meddle with the system.json in process, I'm still looking for a way to separate it so it can be used like a patch. Any help would be appreciated (DM me so it doesn't spam the thread).
The translation is still going, but depends on the circumstances, I might not going to post it here myself.

OP
Meowstrophe

Meowstrophe

Reputation score
After having a stroke, I think the file is now fixed, special thanks to Igneel1 to help me through that lol
OP has been edited with the fixed files

OP
Meowstrophe

Meowstrophe

Reputation score
The thing is now fully translated!
if you found something broken again, please do let me know

Anyway, I think I'll head to some unknown amnesiac vampire castle for now

shinjai

Lurker
Reputation score
It worked fine until I ran into the first random encounter enemy, which caused the following.
Error.jpg
The translated text is understandable, so thank you very much for your efforts. A mistranslation by the MTL you missed is in the explanation by Mii about the senpai's whereabouts, it says she was 'underwhelmed', which I think should be 'overwhelmed'.

Edit: On further testing, it happens at random whenever a fight occurs, sometimes the fight progresses as normal, sometimes it crashes as above. Has happened on both single enemy and two enemy fights.

Last edited:
OP
Meowstrophe

Meowstrophe

Reputation score
It worked fine until I ran into the first random encounter enemy, which caused the following.
This is why I hate translating plugin commands lol, moonrunes has the advantage to not use single-quotation mark when wording something.
Thanks for your report and feedback, the fix is already uploaded

Oir

Reputation score
Thank you for a great translation! It must have taken a huge amount of work.
If you're interested, I've put some feedback just grammar-wise below. Literally just small grammar things though.

The translation was a pleasure to play through in any case.

"They targets young women and take them away"
"They target young women and take them away"
(Just a minor mix-up of single vs. multiple things in verb conjugation)

"No one knews what happened to them after they're abducted"
"No one knows what happens to them after they're abducted"
(The abductions are ongoing and people still don't know what's happening. So we use "knows" and "happens" (present tense) as opposed to past tense which would imply that the abductions aren't happening anymore)

"Such scene unfolds every night in the city"
"Such scenes unfold every night in the city"
or
"Such a scene unfolds every night in the city"
(Just a small mix-up of verb conjugation for one thing vs multiple things)

"Recently at night Hamelder will appear in the city"
"Recently at night Hamelder have appeared in the city"
(If you're talking about a past event, you usually say that this event "has happened." "Will happen" implies that it hasn't happened yet but will happen in the future)

These are taken from the opening prologue sequence. It looks like you often get mixed up between past tense and present tense as well as single vs. multiple objects.

I really liked the way you translated the H-scenes though. Very nice stuff!

Also, in case you weren't aware, this game was partially developed by the dev "No Future" who has made other very similar games such as:

If you were ever looking for similar games, these would probably be your best best!

Last edited:
OP
Meowstrophe

Meowstrophe

Reputation score
Thank you for a great translation! It must have taken a huge amount of work.
If you're interested, I've put some feedback just grammar-wise below. Literally just small grammar things though.
Thank you for your feedback and correction!, yeah I'm bad at tenses so it's going to happen at some point, I just hope the rest of the game wasn't that bad lol. I'll be sure to change them on the next patch (if there were any more broken things).

Ah, so he's with No Future, I saw his name when I translate the credits but I didn't expect that it was him who made the 2 games you mentioned. But first, I want to try to translate an old unity game before checking those two games, if it's good then I might give it a try.

Reactions: Oir

fggtking

Lurker
Reputation score
Thank you for your feedback and correction!, yeah I'm bad at tenses so it's going to happen at some point, I just hope the rest of the game wasn't that bad lol. I'll be sure to change them on the next patch (if there were any more broken things).

Ah, so he's with No Future, I saw his name when I translate the credits but I didn't expect that it was him who made the 2 games you mentioned. But first, I want to try to translate an old unity game before checking those two games, if it's good then I might give it a try.
I actually posted a translation request for one of the "No Future" game a few months ago over at F95zone, hoping for someone would pick it up to translate. if you are interested you might want to check it out over there. also thanks for the translation! you are doing gods work
https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...sailor-splendor-no-future.56427/#post-4430833

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Holy jesus this is now fully translated? God i hate ulmf. It notifies me of a lot of freakin' threads i couldm't care less...so i came here to see if this was abandoned and what do i find...OMG
Good going, cat zoanthrope!
And akin to the recommendations my fellow good man @Oir has mentioned, i wanna add an upcoming one i believe is going to be similar...
And...that one is unopenable by translator++!

I couldn't translate it even if i wanted to. Would require your method!

I will continue trying though

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Waiting for this full translation was certainly worth it. As I thought, the writing and characters are actually pretty good in this. Going for the 'good' ending first was easy enough, only took one reload, and the game balance was pretty decent all things considered.

I wonder if there's more updates planned, or more games, since the game only ends with 1 of the 5 named big bad guys. But it could just be purposely set up that way to sell the idea of more content.

The translation is pretty decent, it's not flawless of course, but far better then just a MTL thing. I'm still a bit hung up on 'Rirusutia' though. DLSite suggests Lilystea which maybe is more apt? Her Magical Princess names does seem to be 'Lily' something.

Is the only real big difference in the game if you clear it as a virgin or not? There's a minor scene difference with Kishibe I noticed, but it doesn't seem to lead to anything else. Is there also any use for the item in the recollection room, or is it a kind of easter egg or something?