What's new

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
According to pretty much all sources, it was indeed Dlsite that initiated the block, though they claim that they didn't want to, compared it to the situation with Russia in 2018, you know your country is winning when its compared to Russia, no solution in sight currently. The most likely scenario from what I have read is that its due to Dlsite selling pedophile content, which yeah it absolutely does, Germany doesn't take too kindly to that, which is a mindset that normally would have my support if it wasn't for the fact that its A, pedo content about fictional characters thats technically harming nobody, and B, totally optional with plenty of products that do not have it.
While being unable to purchase from DlSite is quite annoying, it is managable, hell I even save money with it, losing some comfort but getting something out of it too given how easily available many products are within a day or two of release. Not all releases can be found online though, especially not the smaller ones, at least not by me, and not being able to support devs on Ci-En anymore either because the only non credit card way to do that was Dlsite points sucks a lot, for both the devs as well as me.
Still hit the flags of a recent German ban.
Edit: could be a mutual "fuck you", while the ban is recent, talks about it would have been going on for a while.

For PayPal, my wild guess is that they learned how many people use the workaround and want DLSite to stop it.

Last edited:

Chomp Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
If games in general can be censored and have content removed post-purchase then I have no qualms with digital piracy. It happened with Koikatsu Party after I bought it and it pissed me off so bad I didn't even consider pirating Sunshine or HoneyCome.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
As others say, it's a case by case thing. Some nsfw games (a lot of them) are generic slideshows built on rpgmaker and really don't deserve the money, yet they get it anyway because there's droves of people who don't know better or straight up have no taste. Others that have circles of people who give a shit about what they're doing should get as many sales as they can. Sometimes pirating them enables people to decide it's worth buying them, that's at least a suitable enough compromise.

As for censorship? Most of the time it's something dlsite enforces and so it's not really down to the devs. A few quality developers got fucked over by this and weren't originally planning to release their game with censorship at all, such as Quail/Uzurazanac with Lutellaria and azcat with Ecchi and Craft where they had to censor the "creeper" monster due to it looking too phallic.