What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
New version of TLS on the blog!

TLS 0.36.2
- More bugfixing and refinements.
- Graphical fixes thanks to Decanter.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Man, Now i'm three or so updates behind.

It's been so long that I barely remember what happened after fighting the IK. Something about the king and his succession, then some extra-ddimensional stuff.

Oh well, I think I have a save even futher back, I'll start from there.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
So, I'm going to do something unusual. Usually posting a preview post early would get in the way of development, since maps and things change, but this time I have most of that settled and I'm working on polishing details. This is a preview post that isn't live yet, but should be soon!

As you probably read earlier, this update is about visiting Stenai and choosing between the two princesses the nation offered to seal the alliance.

In addition to choosing between princesses, you'll get to explore Stenai's capital city. There are a number of interesting things to do...

You won't just be dealing with princesses, though. Your main goal is still to establish a teleportation waypoint, which will be another of the main activities.

I'm sure you'll all be shocked that this involves getting your hands dirty and killing some things.

And look, Stenai has a hidden port! Hope everyone enjoys. =D

You won't go to Erosia, but you will get a look at the current developments there.

And finally...

Please look forward to the update! It will go live for patrons on Friday, then go public a week after that.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
... I'm now three updates behind, and haven't found the time to catch up.
Oh well, more for me to binge at once.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
That TLS update I previewed before? It's released for patrons! You can expect the public version to be released in a week, and until then I'll be releasing updated versions for patrons.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
The newest version of TLS has been released publicly, check my blog for the links:

TLS 0.37.0
- Stenai update covering the next section of the game.
- Four new scenes.
TLS 0.37.1
- Several changes made to make the switch puzzles easier and clearer.
- All party members' base lines changed after the Stenai events. NPCs around the world have NOT yet changed.
- Some new unique sprites thanks to Bug Reporting.
- Music issues fixed thanks to Lamsey.
- Bugfixing and polishing, as always.
TLS 0.37.3
- Further bugfixes and refinements.
- The major change is that making Altina's custom weapon now grants affection where it didn't before.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
You know, I was just thinking last update that it was a shame, because one of the things I liked about TLS was all the item descriptions, but at this point in the game equipment and most of the combats in general are practically irrelevant, so it's nice that we got a few new ones.

Also fuck, that waiting room got me good.

One of the switches in the low Tower seems to trigger a shake-and-sound every second time it's flipped - it's in the latter sequence of the area, only accessible when you're able to fight the two bosses on either side of the dungeon, closer to the right-side boss. It doesn't show where it affects like every other one in the area, so I presume it's a bug?

The 2 Daggers and 1 each of the other three types in the right-side bossroom was pretty brutal.

Newwaifu 10/10.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Haha, I had fun with that, glad it worked for you. ^-^

About the switch... uh, I will have to check and get back to you on that.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the new developments!

Vaz

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Haha, I had fun with that, glad it worked for you. ^-^

About the switch... uh, I will have to check and get back to you on that.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the new developments!
Sierra Lee, where does Altina get her custom weapon in Stenai? The guy keeps running off. By the way, excellent update 37. Very challenging.

lostone2

Reputation score
Sierra Lee, where does Altina get her custom weapon in Stenai? The guy keeps running off. By the way, excellent update 37. Very challenging.
You have to chase him (Enchantments shop, Items shop, the harbor, Threads, Princess Felemina's room in the palace and finally in Endel near the Transportation Center) until he reluctantly agrees to help. I haven't checked yet if you need to meet him in all the places.

Vaz

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thanks Lostone. Found him. You really have to chase that fellow all over Endel. Seems you do need to find him in all those locations.

To you and Sierra Lee, best RPG maker game I've ever played. For me, it's the plot which drives it, plus the great characterization. And yes, Tower Depths is a bear of a dungeon. But having Alchemy Medallion and about 16 Mana Potions helps enormously.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Shit, I didn't manage to find him in all the places. That means I'll have to reload, get him, and then power through the dungeon all over again hnnngh.

Since she's brought up though, who actually uses her? I've found those all-hit spells too expensive to really use, and I have some trouble finding out and retaining elemental weaknesses, especially in the Tower where those aren't obvious, so her normal spells aren't as useful, especially because she doesn't hit that hard with those. She's super fragile and not especially fast, too, as I recall. She's got Poison going for her I guess - but then, so does Aka.

How about party comp, also. I usually prefer Qum over Carina because her all-party heal/buff is super legit, and the high cost is normally negated by a buttplug, but the Tower's a bit too long to keep her anus clenched for that long apparently. Apart from Obligatory Main Character Simon, the other slots are pretty variable, though Robin usually pulls wizard duty with her ridiculous MP and huge damage. Last slot usually goes to Hurting Stuff, and I switch between the Hurt Stuff girls (Aka/Varia/Nalili) a lot.

I've weirdly not beein using Riala very much, even though she is like supposed to be blatantly versatile and OP? I guess it would help if I bought her a buttplug too, but I basically don't buy anything except restocking consumables anymore, to save for surprise purchases like custom items and event stuff and whatnot.

Last edited:

Deathwings

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Shit, I didn't manage to find him in all the places. That means I'll have to reload, get him, and then power through the dungeon all over again hnnngh.

Since she's brought up though, who actually uses her? I've found those all-hit spells too expensive to really use, and I have some trouble finding out and retaining elemental weaknesses, especially in the Tower where those aren't obvious, so her normal spells aren't as useful, especially because she doesn't hit that hard with those. She's super fragile and not especially fast, too, as I recall. She's got Poison going for her I guess - but then, so does Aka.

How about party comp, also. I usually prefer Qum over Carina because her all-party heal/buff is super legit, and the high cost is normally negated by a buttplug, but the Tower's a bit too long to keep her anus clenched for that long apparently. Apart from Obligatory Main Character Simon, the other slots are pretty variable, though Robin usually pulls wizard duty with her ridiculous MP and huge damage. Last slot usually goes to Hurting Stuff, and I switch between the Hurt Stuff girls (Aka/Varia/Nalili) a lot.

I've weirdly not beein using Riala very much, even though she is like supposed to be blatantly versatile and OP? I guess it would help if I bought her a buttplug too, but I basically don't buy anything except restocking consumables anymore, to save for surprise purchases like custom items and event stuff and whatnot.
Well, I use her to take out mobs fast and then switch her out for Robin when facing the bosses. That way, I use less mana potions overall.

Like, for example, my usual team when exploring is Simon, Uyae, Altina and Vhala. With that team I go for an immediate alpha strike, using their multi-targets attacks to kill as many mobs as fast as possible so I don't suffer as much HP damages. Then I use Qum to heal up outside battle.

And when Boss comes up, I switch the out to Simon, Aka/Varia/Nalili, Robin and Carina. Boss battle are endurance matches, so you generally need a healer, unlike common mobs, and Robin is a super strong single-target DPS, to really bring in the hurt. As for Aka, Varia and Nalili, I choose which one to use on a case by case basis depending on the boss' resistance and how good its burst damage is.

If it's weak to debuff, use Aka's ridiculously good Crippling Blow and her Poison.
If it isn't weak to debuff and has poor burst damage, use Varia to inflict as much damage as fast as possible.
If it isn't weak to debuff and has good burst damage, use Nalili's Combat Masturbation+Orgy Of Blow to do good, sustaining damage without going down. She can also do high grade Lust Damage with Blade Of Lust too, if that's the boss' weakness.

lostone2

Reputation score
I have bought her a nice Reesrve Rod in Stenai that combined with her custom wand gives her a high number of mana reserves (+1200). So even if if she is not still in my S-list, it makes her a pretty useful role in the group.

In any case, seeing that she is an optional character, it kind of makes sense that she doesn't have the same relevance that characters like Varia, Robin or Qum.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I also never really use her unless we're splitting the party and literally everyone is needed.
If so, then she's one team's designated caster, but her damage is rather below par, even with the best gear I can give her,

I think her main problem is that her niche of hitting everyone with a low-damage elemental spell is actually kind of useless, since it's extremely rare for everyone in the group to have the same elemental weakness.

Usually you have one who's vulnerable to fire/lightning/ice, then one who's only vulnerable to melee, then one who's only vulnerable to sex.
Which means that in effect, she's only really hitting one guy, and that's if you guess his elemental weakness correctly.

I guess it's useful for feeling out the weaknesses of your enemies. Hit the whole crowd with a mass fire spell and you know who's weak to fire an who isn't.
It still takes three turns to go through all elements though, and that's only for magic.

Her poison skills has such a low hit-rate that I don't even bother with it. A 100% chance to poison every enemy on-screen would be useful, but given that she usually only manages to effect one person...

In a situation where you're facing ten or so enemies in a single battle, her skills would be useful, but those are rare enough that I don't bother to prepare for them, When they do show up, Nalili wrecks face with her multihit skills.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
New TLS update for patrons! This one contains some key lore and followup to the previous update's plot twist. I'm worn a bit thin, so only one preview screenshot this time:

The public version of this update should be in a week!

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
The newest version of TLS has been released publicly, check my blog for the links:

I'm also going to release the sequel to Crimson Gray later today:

Please do consider checking it out! See you next time. ^-^

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
POLITICS HYPE
RELIGIOUS POLITICS HYPE

Tiny update this time, right? Even if I know it's because of pending religionpolitics and Crimson Grey 2, I'm like worried I missed something with just Bone Bae plot and then those two minidungeons.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
POLITICS HYPE
RELIGIOUS POLITICS HYPE

Tiny update this time, right? Even if I know it's because of pending religionpolitics and Crimson Grey 2, I'm like worried I missed something with just Bone Bae plot and then those two minidungeons.
It's a smaller update, yeah, but there are a few other pieces you might not have seen. Check the Chalice States crystal and you'll be able to teleport to a new location with some familiar characters. You can also revisit the Potion Hermit for a bit more content.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I caught those, y-

Oh wait the Potion Hermit. That's right, I kinda forgot they existed. Sweet.