What's new

Slaryndar

Reputation score
In one of my numerous and vain attempts to escape eternal boredom, I programmed a pre-stage of a game (there's no player interaction yet) of which the concept is very similar to that of Lemmings (that's why I used the music from that game), with three differences:
1. It features female, drow-like looking, little creatures which I named Slaryndar (singular Slaryn), instead of lemmings.
2. They find their way to the level exit without any help (except roughly 100 lines of AI ^^).
3. The graphics are more "old-school" (320x240! And I won't make it any larger).
(Demo-level is available .)
It breaks my heart to see those little bitches happily walk right into freedom, unhindered by anyone or anything. That's why the player's task will be victimizing those unworthy creatures. But at the moment, I am undecided if they should be killed, raped, or both, and by what means this should happen. Suggestions from your side are welcome. If there will be none, I'll just try to decide for myself - which probably means I'll come up with some great idea which I'll be too lazy to draw and code.

[Edit:] Game download:

Attachments

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Slaryndar

I'd say raped, and enough raped slaryns fill up a trap or the like (You have to allow them a way to get buy the traps and obstacles.

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This... *Looks at Yagyu Munenori* ... D: This is awesum. Rantfest incoming on my thoughts and ideas, and feel free to shoot me in the face with a crowbar if I am being stupid.

-Part 1: Thoughts on "System"-
I'd go along with Pheonix and say that them being raped is better than them being killed. Would it be possible to keep a, say, single attribute to each of the Slaryndar, without being too much problem, programming wise?

I was thinking a "Corruption" or "Orgasm" level on each of the little Slaryndar, perhaps denoted with a few dots or so above their heads. Starting as green, then turning red the more "Hinders" they have to go through, if those will be of sexual nature of course.

But this may just be me trying to sexualize everything. *Shot*
-Part 2: Thoughts on Hindrances & Traps-
I'd say having a small tentacle cluster(or just a single tentacle) as the most basic trap, if going with my idea above that they get fucked into defeat. The Tentacle would only be capable of dealing with one Slaryn at a time, and you can't place them too close to each other either.

And while a tentacle would be used to stop one Slaryn completely at a time, there would be a blob of slime that slows any that walks into it, but it doesn't corrupt/pleasure the Slaryn, just slows, to give you time if necessary.

Other, more "Natural" hinders would be things such as quicksand(not "Drowning" them, just slowing them down), water to swim through, and ice to glide along(Speeds them up and makes them collide if you've set something up). Of course, only put in things that you feel up to working on, I don't know how much work is needed to change a little units speed depending on what terrain it is in.

As for other hinders, I ain't completely sure. Given how I've already covered slimes/tentacles, the next step would probably be some beast or creature, such as a large wolf, a minotaur, or the like to move around and search for Slaryndar to fuck, but not entirely sure how that'd work.
-Part 3: Story Thoughts and my generic ramblery-
If going along with the idea of the Slaryndar being fucked into submission, to hinder them from escaping, perhaps they are a Slave Race that decided to try making a break for it? And that the "Master" bloke ain't too happy about it?

Just a crude idea, after all, I do not know how much story behind the Slaryndar you have planned. Just trying to hand out ideas, yours to take or leave.

And that would be my ramblery for the time being. o.o My apologies if I wrote anything stupid, just liking the simple yet interesting concept of this game. Also. LEMMINGS! D:

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

Out of curiosity, what are you creating this in?

I have to agree with RK for the most part, though I'm not certain what is possible in something like this, and I've never played Lemmings anyway.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

so its like reverse lemmings, there really good at getting out but you have to kill/rape them all?

that kinda sounds like a tower defense in a way i guess... but in the same way lemmings could be a kind of reverse tower defense...

OP
Yagyu Munenori
Reputation score

I was thinking a "Corruption" or "Orgasm" level on each of the little Slaryndar, perhaps denoted with a few dots or so above their heads.
The only problem about this is that when there are too many of those health bars and in large groups of Slaryndar, they'd overlay each other, and you'd hardly be able to see how much every Slaryn has left. Anyway, if I will do as I intended and have a Slaryn defeated after being raped once, there will be no need for that.

I'd say having a small tentacle cluster(or just a single tentacle) as the most basic trap, if going with my idea above that they get fucked into defeat. The Tentacle would only be capable of dealing with one Slaryn at a time, and you can't place them too close to each other either.
That's similar to what I had in mind.

Slowing them down is a good idea, I'll definitely implement that.

About the story... I'm not yet sure if there will be a story at all, but of course it's much nicer if you have at least a story screen at the beginning and end of the game. And I had that escape idea, too.

Out of curiosity, what are you creating this in?

so its like reverse lemmings, there really good at getting out but you have to kill/rape them all?
Just like in Lemmings, there is going to be a minimum number of Slaryndar you'll have to rape for each level.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey, this is great! Somone's finally making the Tentacle defence game! Sort of... Awesome! Also, my input, Don't kill the poor fuckers... "pleasure" them!

OP
Yagyu Munenori
Reputation score

News from the Slaryndar...
I came up with a nice idea concerning the story and enemies (see below in the spoiler), and I've finished all graphics and objects. The only thing still missing are the levels, but I already have some ideas for those, and I think I will manage to complete them in a couple of days if I'll not decide to improve the AI again and mess everything up.

Now for some details concerning the story and concept:
Story
The Lemmings are angry because the Slaryndar have occupied their levels, which they had wanted to use for their genetic experiments. So they send the result of one of these experiments, a slightly oversized Lemming (the player), to stop them.
General Gameplay Stuff
The player Lemming starts at the level exit. He can walk and jump, but cannot change the terrain as the Slaryndar can (building, bashing, digging), at least not by himself (see Weapons => Curse).
There is no health for the Slaryndar, they are defeated after being raped once. The Slaryndar will not try to avoid the Lemming or any of his traps (that would make the game too difficult; besides, I feel I've made enough AI already, although they're still rather stupid).
Weapons
All levels are designed so that if the player doesn't do anything, all Slaryndar will reach the exit without any problems. Our Lemming has five attacks and traps to stop them, each with a certain limitation/"ammo", depending on the level he is playing:
Rape: In most levels, he can rape a Slaryn next to him. This has no ammo, but is either available or not.
Tentacles: He can plant a tentacle at the place where he is standing, which will rape Slaryndar trying to pass. The tentacles need some more time a rape than the Lemming does.
Slime: The Lemming can put some slime on the ground, which has so extremely bad graphics that all Slaryndar walking over it will be slowed down to half their speed for a while.
Freeze: The Lemming can throw a ball of pure evil cold which will freeze the surface of the wall it hits. Vertically frozen surfaces cannot be climbed by the Slaryndar; when Slaryndar walk on horizontally frozen surfaces, they will slide and be unable to control their movement or perform any actions. Ice will melt after 20 seconds.
The Lemmings' Curse: This makes the selected Slaryn explode after 5 seconds. The only means the Lemming has to destroy terrain.
And now I'll go and make levels. Bye.

MMK

Lurker
Reputation score

I am fairly excited about this game. Good luck!

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sweet. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds really cool. I've dabbled with GameMaker before, but you seem to be quite a bit more proficient than I ever was.

OP
Yagyu Munenori
Reputation score

Okay... here it is:

Featuring...
  • 20 levels (which have to be beaten in order, although they're not really sorted by difficulty)
  • 4 background pics ("modern art" ^^)
  • loads of Slaryndar
  • a Lemming
  • five attacks and traps
  • very sucky 320x240 graphics
  • music from Lemmings
  • and an epilogue

Hope it works, I didn't really test everything very thoroughly...

If you're too lazy to read the help file: Walk and jump with the arrow keys (or WAD), change attack with right and middle mouse key, use attack with left mouse key. Selected weapon and ammo are displayed in the top left corner, in the top right you see how many Slaryndar escaped and how many you're allowed to let escape, and under that, how many Slaryndar are left and the total Slaryndar number for the level.

Slaryndar 2 is already being planned, but I have no idea when (if ever) I'll start working on it.

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Gotta problem- where is the player character that's supposed to be iniciating the action? I got no visible way to interact with the enemies (Only played Lvl 1)

OP
Yagyu Munenori
Reputation score

You probably didn't scroll. You do that by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen.

OP
Yagyu Munenori
Reputation score

Now that's interesting. I'll try to fix it right now, it hopefully won't take too long.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I have no idea how gamemaker does it, but check your variables, for reasons unknown, I can go to negative amounts of each attack, despite them either a) starting positive or b) starting negative, all I Have to do is click while moving and it works, which means either

1. Movement overrides the if statement to check for inventory (unlikely)

2. You may only be checking some of the skills and not all of them (I have no idea about the rape skills because I really don't use it that much, but all other skills can be spammed to negative)

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I found the bug, this error occurs even if I'm not messing around with negative numbers. The game apparently does not like it if you try to rape/tentacle/let fall a cursed victim :/