What's new

RPG [アリス☆メイド] SNOW (RJ140310)

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: SNOW

Just making sure, but this is the bugged quest right? Talking to every available NPC gives me nothing. This is on the level 3 guild quests, by the way.
Yes, it's a "collection" type quest, and you're supposed to meet with your employer at the public square on the north side of the castle town Harben'ix (so that he can tell you what he wants). Said guy doesn't appear, so the quest is stuck.

This is fixed in v1.02.

comradered

Reputation score

Blargh. Now I guess we wait until someone puts up the new version somewhere.

OP
M

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I guess I'll just put this one on hold.
I've got 3 new games to play not including this one lol.

maho

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, I guess I'll just put this one on hold.
I've got 3 new games to play not including this one lol.
yeah, this is a good season for hrpg, there is a lot of good ones out and a lot more coming in a few days more. SNOW is good but the bugged quest put it in the last of my list for the moment.

Reputation score

Either I got a bad version or this game has more bugs then listed.
The recollection room doesn't work and I may have bugged the game by losing to the gargoyle because after I go into the room past it they talk for a while then nothing happens after that.
Also is the game file suppose to be as big as it is? It's got a ton of rpg maker assets it doesn't need.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's most likely this game is more buggy than listed. These days, almost all rpg games are buggy as SHIT!!
Do these authors even test their game????

(Obviously, thank you to the authors that take the time to iron out the chinks in their games.)

I'm going to wait like a week before I dl the "latest" version of that time.

comradered

Reputation score

Either I got a bad version or this game has more bugs then listed.
The recollection room doesn't work and I may have bugged the game by losing to the gargoyle because after I go into the room past it they talk for a while then nothing happens after that.
Also is the game file suppose to be as big as it is? It's got a ton of rpg maker assets it doesn't need.
Have you tried going out of the mines? The miners should have cleared the way after you kill the gargoyle and see the scene on the next room.

Then again, the game still fucks you over because the game-breaker bug is right after the tower dungeon, the one you'll be heading next.

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The fights are hard as crap, her pleasure meter rises too quickly then she loses all her MP and I can't magic anymore.

what do

nnescio

Reputation score

Finished the game. Saves included.

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a2dbhol2wxthihr/saves.zip
Copy and paste the above link. Mediafire blocks links clicked from ulmf.

Save 11 is right before the final boss. Save 12 is after the credits, where you're given a choice to go for a New Game+ (you'll retain all your levels and items). Save 13 is in New Game+, at the CG/H-Scene recollection room, with all scenes unlocked.

For those who want to try v1.02 saves on v1.00, Save 14 is at the village, after you defeat the angels (but with all guild quests complete, so there's an extra npc who'll give you an item to defeat the boss). Save 15 is at the village, but right after finishing the bugged quest instead (in case you want to try finishing the guild quests after it).

Bear in mind that I haven't tested any of the saves on v1.00, as I've deleted the old version when I updated.

(Yeah, the forum uploading/attachment function isn't working right now, so it's an external link.

--

Thoughts on this game:
Overall, this game sort of sucks. There's not a lot of monsters to defeat (usually, most dungeons only have exactly one monster, with the exact same number of monsters per group), and spell animations are frickin' LOOOOONG. You can't skip text either, which is also frickin' annoying as some 'boss' fights occur after a medium to long 'cutscene'. Like the final boss, who comes with a shit ton of minions that can bring your characters to climax quickly (which will drain all their MP). The boss herself can inflict a lot of status effects, so if your hard hitters get stunned or confused before you can take a turn, you might as well restart--it's faster that way.

(Sure, you probably can survive and win with enough grinding, but using items to recover MP and reduce arousal while weathering attacks with half your team disabled will take longer to get back to even ground compared to just restarting the fight.)

You don't have a lot of variety in skills, and the main character(your primary damage dealer) gets like, three single-target spells before she even gets one AoE. Also, buff skills are bugged -- they always 'miss' for some reason. At least it works both ways, so if a boss uses a buff, it's one free turn you get to whack him.

Also, fuck the lack of guidance in this game (this is coming from someone who can read Moonrunes). Three out of four of the starting quests are a pain to complete (unless you like being defeated again and again while scrolling through the same damn text, even if you skip the H-scene) unless you make a beeline for Elfriede (your elf companion). Or spam arousal-reducing pots between fights, assuming you can make it out of a fight without climaxing (and if Kuro climaxes, you might as well go back to the inn, since spamming MP pots isn't cost-effective early game).

Fuck the CG recollection room, really. You're given access to it at the beginning of the game, but none of the CGs are unlocked during most of the game, despite it telling you that you can review CGs after experiencing them once, or completing the relevant quest. (Okay it doesn't outright tell you but the implication is clear, "If you complete the quests given to you by the receptionist girl earlier, you can watch H-scenes. Scenes that you've viewed once will be converted into data, allowing you to watch them again here.")

The CGs are actually unlocked right before you fight the final boss (you can return to town to view them if you want, or do so in New Game+). Fuck, why doesn't the game lock the CG room until then? Or at least not mislead us earlier.

Fuck the Rare Item Collection quest, really, since you'll have to revisit previous dungeons and explore the whole damn thing again to find the items which are placed in shiny chests which aren't there before. And that's not even going into how it's bugged (to the point of breaking the whole game) before v1.02.

The plot is also somewhat incoherent. Elf Girl suddenly betrays and kills you due to PTSD, unless you have the foresight to complete unrelated quests so someone could give you poison to throw at her. I mean, really, OOC much? Thought she was a raging lesbian for the protag earlier.

Then suddenly you need to go to t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶i̶d̶d̶l̶e̶ ̶E̶a̶s̶t̶ a desert town to fetch some oil to run woodcutting/construction machines to rebuild the town. Helloooo, I thought this was the usual medieval fantasy setting? And I don't see any of those machines before (or even after I fetched the oil), with no allusions being made whatsoever before the coin was dropped.

Afterwards you'll need to defeat the succubi to avenge the village, but the game doesn't tell you how. So how? Well, take a long detour through the desert village, a fucking floating continent (which for some reason, is infested with orcs), and some desolate snowy village in the middle of the mountains. I think the game is just throwing random biomes at me for the same of throwing random biomes, instead of having any in-game justification whatsoever.

Speaking about Elf Girl, fuck. She gets temporarily removed from the party when she goes yandere, and when she comes back, her level is fixed at Level 14 (which is probably less than what you had her at earlier), and she loses. all. stat. buffs. you. gave. to her. earlier. Yannow, the rare candy-esque, rare items that are only available in limited supply from one-time boss drops and title rewards, plus the occasional chest loot. Unless you had the foresight to farm them earlier from the bandits, which drop them for some strange reason (and become 'lost forever' after you complete the relevant quest, which you need to proceed). Fuck, really.

At least Elf Girl gives you back her equipment before she leaves, so you don't lose them, but that's not too much of a consolation.

Moral of the story, don't give any stat buffs to Elf Girl until she leaves and return.

There's a touching scene at the end of the story, but it comes out of the left-field and leaves you with a cheap death of an NPC. Sort of like Kisaragi's death in EP 3 of Kancolle, really (minus the obvious death flags). Said scene is also missable.

At least the CG are somewhat nice and cover a broad variety of fetishes. There are plenty of scenes as well. They aren't exactly top notch, however A lot of scenes has anatomically-incorrect toes and fingers, and in a small minority of cases the coloring is done sloppily with colors leaking across lines. Okay, maybe I'm a bit picky here, and I'm probably spoiled by Pixiv and Danbooru, but still.

File size is too big for the amount of content. No voices (apart from some poorly-sampled screams which sound like a hyena being caught in a bear trap) or a lot of CG variation either (either of these tend to be the main cause of bloated game sizes). Instead most of the game size seem to come from unused RPGmaker assets, so I suspect the author is deliberately padding the game to make it look better.

TL;DR: Not worth playing. Just view the CGs if you want. Might be better in the future, since the author promised additional content, but i won't be hoping much.

The fights are hard as crap, her pleasure meter rises too quickly then she loses all her MP and I can't magic anymore.

what do
Get Elf Girl quickly (go to the forest, then all the way down south) so you won't be outnumbered all the time. Spam arousal-reducing pots between fights (you'll be doing this for the entire game).

Things get easier after you get AoE attacks.

Oh and once you get party members you can cheese encounters a bit by using your them to block enemies (by turning around) while in the field dungeon. Enemies can't move through them, and for some reason it doesn't trigger a fight when they touch each other either (as long as they don't touch the main character).

Edit: v1.03 is out, which claims to fix
...Elfriede (elf girl)'s level when she comes back after leaving temporarily.

Edit2: Apparently mediafire blocks inline linking from ulmf.

Last edited:

darkline81

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Finished the game. Saves included. Save 11 is right before the final boss. Save 12 is after the credits, where you're given a choice to go for a New Game+ (you'll retain all your levels and items). Save 13 is in New Game+, at the CG/H-Scene recollection room, with all scenes unlocked.
Your saves are blocked. You might want to try something other than mediafire. For something small like save files, tinyupload.com should work.

Nuclear Reactor

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Your saves are blocked. You might want to try something other than mediafire. For something small like save files, tinyupload.com should work.
Right clicking the link then copying and pasting it in a new tab works :p

darkline81

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Right clicking the link then copying and pasting it in a new tab works :p
Ah, yeah, that works. Thanks!

BTW, for those who complain about not being able to skip text, here are some scripts to add in to do so. Just unpack the Game.rgss3a file, open RPGMaker VXA, go to the script editor, create a new script entry right above "Main" (thus on the very bottom), and add these in.

The first one is for just skipping text with the CTRL key. The second one is to increase frame rate with CTRL key (so even animations in cutscenes will move fast!). The second seems to be a bit buggy in that after releasing CTRL it freezes controls for a second or two.

Credits go to Himeworks (himeworks.com/2013/07/message-skip/) and Heretic86 (gdunlimited.net/scripts/rpg-maker-vx-ace/scripting-tools/debug-fast-forward).

Code:
=begin
#===============================================================================
 Title: Message Skip
 Author: Hime
 Date: Jul 21, 2013
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ** Change log
 Jul 21, 2013
   - Initial release
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
 ** Terms of Use
 * Free to use in non-commercial projects
 * Contact me for commercial use
 * No real support. The script is provided as-is
 * Will do bug fixes, but no compatibility patches
 * Features may be requested but no guarantees, especially if it is non-trivial
 * Credits to Hime Works in your project
 * Preserve this header
 ** Description

This script allows you to skip messages (fast-forward) by holding down the
 CTRL key.

** Installation

Place this script below Materials and above Main

** Usage 

You can choose which key will be used as the skip key.

You can enable or disable message skipping by assigning a disable switch.
 When the disable switch is ON, players cannot skip messages.
 ** Compatibility

This script overwrites the following methods

Window_Message
     input_pause

#===============================================================================
=end
$imported = {} if $imported.nil?
$imported["TH_MessageSkip"] = true
# ** Configuration
module TH
  module Message_Skip

# Switch to use to prevent message skipping
    Disable_Switch = 0

# Key to hold to skip messages
    Skip_Key = :CTRL

# Use "auto skip" mode. When the skip mode is OFF, you need to hold the
    # skip key to fast-forward messages. When the skip mode is ON, you just
    # need to press it once to begin skipping, and press it again to stop
    # skipping
    Auto_Skip = false

# Ignore delays when skipping.
    Skip_Delays = false
    # Ignore pauses when skipping
  end
end
# ** Rest of script
class Window_Message < Window_Base

def skip_key
    TH::Message_Skip::Skip_Key
  end

def skip_key_pressed?
    !$game_switches[TH::Message_Skip::Disable_Switch] && Input.press?(skip_key)
  end

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # Overwrite. Actually all you really need is that extra line of code to tell
  # the fiber to resume
  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def input_pause
    self.pause = true
    wait(10)
    Fiber.yield until Input.trigger?(:B) || Input.trigger?(:C) || skip_key_pressed?
    Input.update
    self.pause = false
  end

alias :th_skip_message_wait :wait
  def wait(duration)
    return if TH::Message_Skip::Skip_Delays && skip_key_pressed?
    th_skip_message_wait(duration)
  end

def update_show_fast
    @show_fast = true if Input.trigger?(:C) || skip_key_pressed?
  end
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # ● 一文字出力後のウェイト
  def wait_for_one_character
    update_show_fast
    Fiber.yield unless @show_fast || @line_show_fast
  end

#def wait_for_one_character
  #  wait(10)
  #  Fiber.yield until skip_key_pressed?
  #end

# ● 通常文字の処理
  def process_normal_character(c, pos)
    super
    wait_for_one_character
  end

end

Code:
#--------------------------------------#
# Debug Fast Forward and Slo-Mo Script #
#--------------------------------------#
#
# Version: 0.1
#
# Hold down the CTRL Key to go in to Fast Forward
# Hold down the SHIFT Key to go into Slow Motion
#
# Legal:  Not copyrighted what-so-ever.  Do what ever you want with it.
#
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Set your Engine here.

$XPVXA = "XPVXA"

module Graphics
  unless $graphics_fast_forward_defined
    # Prevent F12 Crash
    $graphics_fast_forward_defined = true
    class << Graphics
      alias graphics_fast_forward_update update
      def update
          # If DEBUG for XP and BTEST for all higher versions
          #if $DEBUG || $TEST
            # If holding CTRL Key
            if Input.press?(Input::CTRL)
              # Fast Forward
              Graphics.frame_rate = 120
            # If holding SHIFT Key              
            #elsif Input.press?(Input::SHIFT)
              # Slow Mo
            #  Graphics.frame_rate = 10
            else
              if $XPVXA == "XP"
                # Normal Speed of 40 Frames Per Second for XP
                Graphics.frame_rate = 40
              elsif $XPVXA == "XPVXA"
                Graphics.frame_rate = 60
              else
                # Normal Speed of 60 Frames Per Second for all higher versions
                Graphics.frame_rate = 60
              end
            end
         #end        
        # Call Original
        graphics_fast_forward_update
      end
    end
  end
end

If you don't have RPGMaker, here is some files I changed in the Data folder. Some other stuff I changed was:
- Adding an option on the stump near the chief's house in the begining to allow change in default walking speed. I like my characters fast.
- Prevent X from hiding the message window (going for SHIFT instead, because X both canceling a menu AND hiding the window was not pleasant).

s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03315244152362317973

EDIT: Updated second script and zip file to increase frame rate to default of 60.

Last edited:

Ozimandias

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hi,

Looks like we are now up to version 1.07, so all showstopping bugs should have been fixed by now? Hell! they are even talking about increasing the price... but that could be a bluff to boost sales?

Ver1.07 · combat balance adjustment Chimera, bandits

※ past versions up of changes I have described in Notepad game enclosed.

※ trial version of save data can not take over.

After you have sold in a certain period of time ¥ 1300, we are planning to change to 1500 yen.
Sorry, I haven't found a link that is definitely to versions 1.03 or later :(

Cheers,

OZ

Last edited:

chronoex

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

By this point I learned that you can beat the bad end elf girl boss fight by leveling the village girl to lvl 30 so she can learn Nuclear, which ignores defenses/is non-elemental. Game unlocks all the CGs once you reach the Succubus a second time, but still got a bad end. Not sure if I care so much at this point though.

OP
M

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Quick question.
Does anyone have the latest version of this game? I still haven't played it, because of the bugs mentioned before.

ziodyne

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Quick question.
Does anyone have the latest version of this game? I still haven't played it, because of the bugs mentioned before.
Edit: Since this has a loli tag, you guys can send me a pm for the newer version if you want it.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Link removed

I don't have 1.08
Thanks I'ma gonna check up on the updates log

Edit* Seems, there were a few fixes on the previous versions, but there's nothing depicted on v1.06 on the log.
May anyone tell me what changes are there please?

Last edited:

Ozimandias

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@Mistix

From what I can gather, 1.08 was typos and 1.07 had bug fixes; so 1.07 onwards looks like a good place to start.

@ziodyne

Sorry, this game has a loli tag

You might like to remove your link?

Cheers,

OZ

nnescio

Reputation score

Thanks I'ma gonna check up on the updates log

Edit* Seems, there were a few fixes on the previous versions, but there's nothing depicted on v1.06 on the log.
May anyone tell me what changes are there please?
IIRC, it was balancing. Some stat tweaks to orcs and bandits... I think?

Apparently Alice Maid doesn't include the patch notes for the current version in the log (they expect you to read it from the game description on DLsite instead. Of course, said game description gets changed when the game is updated further, so we won't get to see the patch notes for 1.06 again until a newer version surfaces.)

Basically, the important updates so far are:

1) v1.01: This fixes the Rare Item Collection quest. Without this the game in unwinnable, as it can't even be finished.

2) v1.03: Fixes issues with a certain character's level after she leaves the party temporarily and comes back.

3) v1.05. Mini 'content' update. Allows the player to fight most enemies from the CG Recollection room (after it's unlocked). The intended purpose is to let the player review in-battle rape animations.

A bonus chest can also be unlocked in the CG Recollection Room. This gives you aphrohidracs (to make it easier to watch the battle rape animations) and some consumable sex toys (they don't really do anything, other than that anal whatchamacallit which really shouldn't disappear after using, really).