Solution for a day

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: Solution for a day

bring it, TS :p

PEPSI FOREVER XD

Anyways.

My solution for the day: WOULD THE PARENTS OF THESE 12 YEAR OLD KIDS PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE KIDS PLAY.
I don't mean the ones with headsets that make me play Halo 3 almost always muted, I mean the ones who let their 10-12 year old kid play games rated above their age level. If they're 1-2 years under the ESRB rating, okay, w/e; but if your child is 12 and you're letting them play something like Gears of War, or Condemned, please go return your parent card and return for lessons on Monday - you are not fit to be a parent.
While I don't believe video games are the cause of violent behavior, they do influence immature minds negatively. What really bugs me is that the parents who complain the most are usually parents who didn't even pay any attention to their childrens' games until the school shootings occurred. Another thing is they wanted to blame the industry. Yeah, the industry didn't put you at gunpoint and say 'let your child play this or you die'. THE ESRB RATINGS ARE THERE FOR A GOD-DAMN REASON.

/end rant
(O_O)

Yeah, had to do a paper in English on video games and violence; kinda got me riled up >.<

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i think it would solve a lot of problems if people needed a license to be parents.

don't make it hard to get and no fees or anything, just make sure your not a god damn retard. A simple multiple choice test and short interview, maybe have them take a 1 hour course a few times. educate them in the basics of parenting.

unfortunately the flip side of this is that people without licenses would need to have their children aborted... so while this is all a fantastic idea it will never be implemented.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I agree, parents should pay attention to what their kids interact with. Not just video games but movies and television. They can't rely on it to babysit their children then get pissed when it displays things they don't agree with, or is blamed for certain behaviour amongst the youth.

ShawnWagner

Reputation score

Saving the planet: total human genocide. Or abandoning the idea of the economy as a major concern, that might work too. At this point, the technology to make energy, and therefore anything else, free, is easily in our reach. Solar panels on one square mile of death valley could power the entire U.S. indefinitely so long as they were maintained, but no one would agree to it because no one would make money off of it.

Getting rid of religious extremism: don't let them raise children anymore, and if they get within a mile of a school, arrest them. They'll be gone in a generation if they can't brainwash children. It would be within the law to do so anyway, they usually abuse their children, and the argument could be easily made that they threaten other peoples kids.
You are absolutely right.. Money is only aspect which is worrying everyone.. No one wants to save planet..

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Amusing as looking at how vaguely fascistic, underdeveloped, poorly worded, and poorly written out arguments were from about four years ago might be... Why would you go look at a thread this old and post in it?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Why would you go look at a thread this old and post in it?
true that tass, I mean, it's been more than 4 years since our final solution

No one wants to save planet..
Fuck the planet!

That's my goal... to fuck the whole planet.
who's up first?