What's new

Some Monster Idea Oddities

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I just kind of felt like slapping some absurd ideas together in the form of mob ideas. Maybe some of these will be useful or interesting. I'd imagine most of these would only be good for a Rogue-like game, but who knows, this could be interesting...

Mob Ideas:

• Non-Newtonian Slime
    Non-Newtonian matter is used in bullet proofing. It's a liquid substance that hardens negating any kinetic energy put into it. Basically put, this is a slime that would be immune or highly resistant to physical damage and some forms of magical damage depending on the nature of the magic.
  • Ironwood Golem
    Ironwood is a very dense, very heavy, generally petroleum saturated wood. Between weight and density it would take a long time to burn, then with the core of the wood containing veins of fuel for fire, this could be a very ugly "wood" type golem to light up. Ironwood already weighs far more than your average wood being better compared to rock for weight and hardness (it was used at points in place of steel and iron for blunt weaponry to give you some idea as to its potential). So imagine for a moment a giant lumbering harder and heavier than normal wood golem, that is on fire, and doesn't give a shit.
  • Lodestone Golem
    This isn't you average metal or stone golem you're going to need to chip away at... It has electromagnetic properties modifying its resistances, and going up against it in full plate armor might be the last thing you ever do... If nothing else, this could be the quickest strip fest a fully armored knight will ever experience. Hope you didn't invest too much into your defence!
  • Micah Golems
    Micah is normally a very flaky and light rock, partially transparent, but also more flexible than your average rock. It's one of the few rocks you can split at the edge of a formation with a fingernail and peel up like a brittle piece of film. While I'd imagine a Micah Golem might be more flimsy than average, this could actually be advantageous defensively, and could be painful offensively. Golems are already something you don't want to punch or get close to, but this is a golem that might respond very violently to explosive spells, or blunt weaponry... hitting this golem from the wrong angle with a warhammer or a battering ram might be about as smart as slamming a frag grenade with a hammer...
  • Angler Succubus
    Most everyone knows what a succubus is (demon that steals souls or energy via sexual interaction), and most everyone knows what an angler fish is (fish that uses light to attract its prey). So why combine the two? You're in a dark dungeon, and you see a hot naked chick and a light source (keeping in mind it's a pain in the butt to see a naked chick without light...)... That right there might be the only explanation you need. For everyone else who is in to this sort of thing, vore might be an optional addition.
  • Lodestone Electric Eel or Jellyfish
    It's an electrical water based creator, and if it's magically enchanted it may not need the water part to be near you... And we've strapped a magnet on to it... Hope you're not wearing heavy armor!!
  • Radioactive Golem (Uranium, Tungesten, etc.)
    Super dense golem that poisons you via radiation just by being near it, regardless of whether or not its even alive anymore. Let's all form a nope train and get the hell away from it!
  • "Frog Skeleton"
    Raise your hand if you knew there was a frog that would break a bone in its foot to create a spear as a defensive measure. If you didn't, you can now raise you hand, you know it exists now. Now picture a skeleton that is willing to break off chunks of itself to throw at you or impale you with in melee combat. Not scary enough? Read the next monster type.
  • "Glass/Crystaline Frog Skeleton"
    You read "Frog Skeleton's" description, right? Well this is one that is prone to fragmenting. If it explodes or is hit with high force, you're talking about massive shards going everywhere.
  • Lego Slime and Lego Golem
    Part joke, part serious. Ever step on a lego? If so, you know exactly what kind of nightmare this could be. If not, DO NOT EVER STEP ON A LEGO, IT HURTS LIKE HELL!!
  • The Corpse Eater Slime
    Imagine seeing a dead body surrounded in a pool of blood that looks like it's coagulating and drying. Now imagine that the blood starts moving and is actually a highly resistant slime with a massive amount of regeneration, and that it might in fact have vampiric capabilities. This fight is going to suck.
  • "Another Reason to Hate Clowns"
    You're wandering around town, you see a clown, most people already don't like clowns. You notice it has some cracks in its makeup, no big deal. Then you realize last second that it's actually a giant vore doing a jack-in-the-box special as it pops out of the clown's face in a fashion reminiscent of the movie "alien" and is trying to bite your head off, literally. ALL ABOARD THE NOPE TRAAAAAAAAAIN~!
  • Skin mold/slime
    After so many years of performing first aid and studying it, you see a lot of weird medical anomalies that will both gross you out and make you wonder... In this instance, that might not actually be leprosy, but a mold or slime doing "The Voldemort" by camping out on someone else's face.
  • Baby Slimes
    I'd personally be scared as hell of waterfalls in dungeons in a fictional world. Most people would call me nuts. I'd say they haven't really thought about all the different shapes, sizes, and types of ugly slimes might come in. You say water, I say that could be thousands of baby slimes pouring through a crack in the wall. You think your clothes are wet? I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going, and enough horror movies to hope it's not going the other way.
  • Space Mimics
    Mimics have screwed us over for ages by pretending to be doors, chests, hot attractive women, or a pile of gold. Now imagine if a mimic could imitate your voice in such a way you thought it was an echo, and could create the illusion a room is bigger than it actually is. You say "this cavern is huge", I say "screw you, I'm still throwing a rock"
  • "Asshole" mimics
    You're wandering down a trail, on foot, this sucks, your feet hurt, you've got sand in places you never though possible, this sucks... Oh look, a car. You get in, you start driving, and suddenly your front left tire craps out and you crash into a tree. You're stunned, you're in pain, this sucks more, and suddenly you realize your left tire wasn't really a left tire. This SUCKS. The bottom line is that this isn't your average mimic. This could be your tent, your knapsack... The point is it's something interactive that you need that you weren't really expecting to be a mimic. An example is as follows...
  • Health potion slime
    Gee, you're really hurt, and I mean REALLY hurt. Oh, look, a perfectly inviting health potion simply laying on the ground. That is exactly what you- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • Map Mimic
    Time for another mimic. You find a map in a dungeon, it looks pretty useful. Suddenly, however, you're a lot more confused and lost than you were before, you're finding yourself being ambushed around the clock and every room you enter is getting nastier and nastier. You keep checking your map, and you're pretty sure you're going mad because you could swear it looks nothing like it did a minute ago. Whoever made this map was a dick! Speaking of which, where the hell did all of your rations go..?
  • Ultimate Mimic
    This is the last actual mimic, I swear. Imagine you entered a dungeon and it turned out the whole fricken thing was one big mimic. Congratulations, your adventure ended the moment it began - you're already dinner.
  • Asbestos Golem
    It laughs at your puny flame, it scoffs are your attempts to slay it, and every hit produces a dust cloud that makes breathing painful... Even if you win this fight, even if you manage to make a really nifty flame resistant suit out of its hide, you're still going to ultimately lose the war as it kills you a few years later through your lungs. Should have opted for freezing or dissolving it!
  • Base Slime
    Ok, so acid slimes are bad news, right? They burn, they dissolve you and eat away at your armor... So why would I suggest Base slimes? Simple, bases are still toxic/poisonous and function in a similar regard to acids despite being basically the opposite. In fact, bases might even feel nice, cooling, soothing, slippery, or harmless - despite the fact that they're still eating away at you. Don't like a base slime and cast an acid spell on it? Congratulations, you now have a regular slime you still have to deal with, all you did was neutralize the chemical imbalance. Also, yanno how you can normally dissolve a slime, especially a pesky acid slime, and it doesn't usually result in a negative side effect? Most bases when dissolved or heated up create toxic clouds... You have fun with that one.
  • Septic Golem
    That's right, I went there. Your sewers already smelled "lively" enough as is, and now the putrid sludge is moving. Water spells only weaken them, fire spells result in toxic fumes, acid spells may only make them stronger and will have a limited effect, cold spells only slow them down or put their reign of terror on hold, blunt weapons are useless, projectiles just stick out like a sore thumb, bladed weapons get stuck and absorbed never to be seen again... It's non-newtonian, it reeks, you think you're going to pass out, it's a matter of time before you throw up adding to its numbers, and you're pretty sure your deity hates you now. Better hope you didn't toss anything radioactive or magical down there, or he just got an enchantment modifier to boot. Rage quitting is starting to sound pretty nice right about now - let's hope this thing can't follow you to the afterlife.
  • Liquid Oxygen Golem
    Simply touching liquid oxygen may cause a massive chunk of your body (such as your arm) to flash freeze and shatter the instant you move. I just suggested making it into a golem. Now might be a good time to question this list.
  • Mirror Golem
    It's the hall of mirrors on two legs and its running you down. It makes you look fat and skinny at the same time, your ugly mug perfectly warped by its many facets. Projectiles will have a diminished effect, bludgeoning it might result in painful consequences, fire and acid will be more effective, but good luck slapping a decent spell across it and getting it to stick. Pair with gorgons for absolute hell to break loose.
  • Blind Gorgon
    So much for fighting fire with fire.
  • Troll Turkey
    The Belmont family is historically amongst the most ballsy. They enter a castle full of the undead and eat chicken they find lying around IN THE WALLS. Common sense need not apply. Now add in to that equation the prospect of them accidentally eating part of a troll. Ever watch the movie "Alien"?
  • Plastic and Rubber Golem
    This might sound silly, but there's a really good reason why this is a bad idea. Fire spells will result in toxic fumes... Depending on the grade or type of the plastic/ the rubber/both, blunt and bladed weapons are basically going to be useless and might actually get stuck in its hide or bounce back in your face causing it to counter your attack, with your attack... Acid spells might actually allow it to absorb materials nearby, will result in toxic fumes, and/or may actually do largely nothing at all if the rubber and/or plastic is of the appropriate grade/type... Water spells are utterly worthless, you'd pretty much just clean it and look like an utter dolt. Electrical spells, on rubber or plastic? Yeah, uhm... Good luck with that one. Hopefully you can unsommon or inflict straight up magical damage, or this fight is going to suck hardcore...
  • Freudian Imp
    Everyone has secrets, everyone has faults, and there are some things nobody like admitting to even themselves. Now picture a hellspawn that can easily hide, easily follow, easily observe, and now also easily analyze everything about you. By the time you see it eye to eye, it probably already can demoralize your entire party and possible make at least one of you break down crying in a corner. Better hope this D&D didn't go Jumanji on your ass, or this is going to be one hell of a round...
  • Freudian Succubus
    For those of you who have forgotten that succubi and incubi also appeal to the nightmarish end of your fetishes you never wished to acknowledge or feed into, there's this. Like the Freudian Imp, it uses psychology to screw with you - only this time the screwing part is more literal, and a hell of a lot more uncomfortable. Nothing is going to make your teammates question your ability to lead than rounding the corner to see a succubus roleplaying/disguised as your grandmother - or at least nothing they're in any hurry to find out about.
  • Cyclops Centipede
    If you know your Greek/Roman mythology, the cyclops was a giant or half giant with one eye that could hurl massive boulders. If you think about it biologically, this can both be amplified, and on its own can be a health problem long term for the cyclops (heavy lifting and hurling is bad for the back.). Picture a giant covered in body plates with multiple arms like tree branches that can hurl multiple boulders at a time without straining itself and can move at incredible speeds. On second thought investing in life insurance wasn't such a bad idea...
  • Magic absorbing slime
    Nothing ticks off a magic based character quicker than something immune to all forms of magic... Now what happens if you make something that's not only immune but can absorb and dish out magical damage in return. Do not mix with the non-newtonian slime or you will never have friends again.
  • Oxidation and/or rust slime (potentially magnetic)
    A friend suggested this one. It comes in contact with something metal and starts eating away at it. This could be utter hell for metal golems or anyone wearing heavy armor.
  • Beatbox Pest/Magpie
    Now some people would read this as a pest that follows you around making beatbox riffs like a rapper or a boombox. What I'm implying actually happens is that it makes various noises at random intervals adding to your annoyance level. You're walking along, you hear a loud fart, you look at your teammate. You keep walking, you swear you heard someone swearing under their breath, you're getting annoyed. You step in something, you hear someone laughing, this shit isn't funny anymore. Next thing you know your character gets confused and/or aggravated and decks another teammate, and it's on. Meanwhile this little pest is just sitting back in a corner watching, waiting for someone to get knocked out so it can steal loot or grab some dinner. It's like have a perpetual 2 year old strapped to your ass.
  • Demon Parrots
    A friend of mine suggested that a room full of synchronized and asynchronized demonic voices that confuse and frighten your party would be another interesting encounter, in addition to annoying to kill
  • Pheromone or sexual excretion slime/golem
    For the weak in the pants (or potentially strong willed if the monster is effective enough) hero, a slime or golem made entirely, or partially, out of sexual "juices" and pheromones. Super effective against heroes with groin plating...
  • Dungeon Cleaner
    Most people miss out on thinking of the dungeon cleaner, especially as a mob. In some older games something would always go around cleaning up the messes left behind from previous crusades. Sometimes it's a giant slime, sometimes it's a rolling wheel with spikes that takes up the width and height of the corridors, sometimes it's a bunch of smaller monsters picking things clean, sometimes it's a magical barrier or forcefield, and yet other times it's some "cthulhian" terror (I hate Lovecraft as a writer to note, so I dislike referring to things as being related to Cthulhu or Lovecraft. Very long winded explanation most people wouldn't care to listen to so moving on.). Bottom line is, something is always behind you in a dungeon cleaning up the mess you left behind. So what happens if you're too slow, took a wrong turn, or get left behind?
  • Ethereal mobs
    Ethereal has a vague set of definitions... From being weaved from ether, to being trapped between dimensions, the general connotation is "this shit is hard to hit." Sometimes ghosts are described as being ethereal, and sometimes so is armor or weaponry. The bottom line is that this isn't something you completely understand, and its properties are beyond weird. So what the hell is your reaction supposed to be when you see a giant red glowing semi-transparent golem that looks like it's made out of black metal thorns? Suddenly you're not entirely certain this is the dungeon you were looking for, or that you've got what it takes to beat this thing until you either do... or utterly fail and everyone laughs at you! :D
  • Portrait Creeper
    If you've watched harry potter, you've seen the people that can go from one painting to another. Let's take that out of harry potter and flop that into a game situation... That's a lot of possibilities...

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score
Re: Some Monster Idea Oddities

This is a list after my own freakin' heart <3

Mind if I drop a few of my own random ideas to this? I love creating random critters and made a few I'm personally proud of in the past :3

OP
CDom

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh dude, totally go ahead o.o Odds are I'll probably come up with a few more at some point as well, but I've been so busy and tired lately XD

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Well, don't say I didn't warn you. Warning, may contain adult content yadda yadda lawyerese here if you are offended by this why the fuck are you here etc.

• Bondage Golem
    Created by kinky sorcerers or perhaps Dark Elf slavemasters. Naturally these things are made up of a mind-boggling amount of restraints of all kinds, from simple cuffs and collars to yokes, arm binders, straitjackets, and face masks and gags. Naturally thanks to the golemancy it's got major magic resistance, and more uniquely these things are more designed for capture instead of outright murder. More then likely it'll try to sling some of it's possessed bindings towards a target and let them restrain it, for collection later by either it's Master or another creature.
  • Lust Rose (also pronounceable as Blood Rose)
    Living plants and carnivorous plants have been done to death, but what happens if you combine vampire and naughty plants together? You get the Lust Rose. Essentially a white-skinned, green-haired individual inside of a huge flower, the Lust Rose has access to a wide variety of spores and pollens it uses to dull the mind's reasoning skills, calming them so it can lead them into the petals with them. After drawing the person in, it will quickly seal them in with the closing petals, which are unnaturally sturdy to even the strikes of swords and axes. It is at this point that often the victim is entwined with vines, many of which have thorns on them, and while the victim is distracted by sweet nothings and sensual attention by the creature, the vines will prick the skin in multiple areas, allowing the victim's blood to seep out along the vines, which absorb into the primary creature's body itself. It is possible to overcome a Lust Rose itself with your own actions, though this gets harder after they survive a few winters.

It should be noted that blood is the preferred food source- a Lust Rose can be sated with all sorts of other fluids, like water, sexual secretions, and (as recorded in modern instances) hazardous materials waste, though those that develop from such conditions tend to mutate rather frighteningly to what is refereed to as a 'Toxic Rose'.
  • Rosus Erectus
    After several years, there may come a time where the Lust Rose gets several more feedings then usual (a new road moving past their rooting spot, for example, or curious teenagers from a nearby summer camp do as teenagers from a nearby summer camp are want to do), which leads to a burst of development from a Lust Rose into a Rosus Erectus. They gain a slight increase in intelligence, meaning they don't actively hunt just on instinct anymore, although their mindset is still rather childlike. They are no longer bound just to their petal cage anymore, and can wander freely from it, though they may stick close to it due to familiarity of the area. While at first glance they may look like a dryad, close contact will quickly reveal the Rosus Erectus's thorny tendrils, as they are still as seductive and hungry as ever. It is also not uncommon for such Rosus Erectus to gain any touch with any form of natural magics, meaning they may be able to commune with nature spirits easily (which may also help confuse others that they are just unnaturally pale dryads.)
  • Noctus Blossom
    What's more dangerous then a vampiric, hump-happy plant girl that has managed to escape her confines? How about one that has lived for decades, absorbing many a victim's blood and other fluids and growing even more intelligent, connected to magic, and sensual all the while! Noctus Blossoms are more or less plant-born Vampires by the time they get to this stage, highly intelligent and strongly connected with the earth's natural magics. A Noctus Blossom will actively attempt to keep victims in some location now, having realized that a meatbag that doesn't escape can be a stable source of food and power to her. Even the seperation of her main plant physiology isn't too bad, as the remaining vines installed in her back and legs have become a network of vines and creepers that she can call forth from all over her body as needed, as thorny and dangerous as ever. Noctus Blossoms are extremely dangerous, and perfect for a more plant-based end boss kind of character.
  • Steamcubus/Cyberbus
    Cybernetic or steam-enhanced Succubi and Incubi? Why, I hear you ask? Well, for the most part, demons have issues with staying in the mortal plane, without either heavy adaptation or some sort of force holding them (like a summoning rite). Being connected to 'mortal' metals however acts as not only a way to keep them stabilized, but also allows them access to good ol' modern equipment and weaponry, which can be manipulated by their own powers as well to be made even more lethal. Picture this- walking into a dungeon and you meet a woman with robotic arms, pleading for a hero to save her. Drawn by her beauty, you go to near, but all of a sudden her palms suddenly slide open and a lash of dark magic is reflected at you to try and bind you! Or in a more modern setting, concealed weapons like rifles and darts can also work. It's not a hugely conflicting thought that spell-receptive metals can be used in construction as well, allowing defensive wards and spells to be cast on oneself as well.
  • 'Collaborator'
    This is a creature that can be made of all sorts of materials- or even be organic in nature- but the general gist is this creature has a cavity or area where it can grab a victim, stuff them inside, and use the mind and powers of the body to augment their own, while also highly decreasing the chance of themselves to get attacked thanks to the target now being mostly a foolish adventurer.

A good classic design of this would be some form of thin, sinewy creature that has long spindly arms and legs, with a wide hollow in each of them on the front area that is 'hinged' above and below the joints, and a ribcage area that extends outside the body, adding in the head itself is designed close to the body. Once a unlucky victim is grabbed, it will quickly move them into position, clamp it's living bindings around thier arms and legs, the ribcage secures around the victim's chest, and then the head rolls on top of the cranium and face, leaving the monster's own eyes at the forefront and leaving the victim's head hidden.

Because this concept is so generic, it can be easily mixed in with others. Perhaps it has some neural synapse connection with the host, which allows them to fully puppeteer the victim. Maybe the fleshy parts corrode armor and clothing, before fusing around the victim's limbs fully. Perhaps it has other appendages or sharper implements to hold the victim, making them complacent via pleasure or docile through pain. The possibilities are endless with a beast like this.
  • Incubation Drone
    Another one for the 'using a Adventurer as a weapon' list, the Incubation Drone comes in either small, facehugger-sized creatures or larger creatures that are similar to the Collaborators. The goal is the same though- forcing the creature to either constantly release healthy seed or to constantly act as a fertile womb to the creature, as it stays connected to them constantly.

For smaller ones, I picture a lot of spindly legs and a small body, just large enough to probably be a thong for a average human, and a extremely long tail. The facehugger example probably isn't too far off for this beastie- it's one goal is to rush at something and quickly attaching to it's hips, either to suckle seed or to implant it's ovipositor into a victim. It's tail will either insert into the target's rectum or will lash to the spine and around the victim's neck as a collar, and hold tight around the target's hips as a way to keep ahold of them. From there, it's a constant cycle of fertilizing and then allowing eggs to leak around them, continuing over and over and over again until it can finally be removed.

In the case of larger Incubation Drones, these will more then likely be quadruped in design (if not a centipede or aracnoid form, again, pretty liberal with designs and how many victims it could hold), with nodules on the beast to stick creature's limbs into with the aid of tentacles. A similar process will happen with the victim when they are attached to the beast, although the constant pheremone bath from the creature and the inability to even do daily life, just fucked endlessly and breeding for a random beast, is sure to be much more mind-breaking than the smaller types.
  • Armor Parasite
    At first glance, it seems to be an armor made from dried chiten or shell fragments from some strange beast, and you don't question it as you put it on. However, as time goes on, you occasionally feel a prod or a shift as you travel, passing it off as a shifting as you move naturally, and hey, this is the best armor you ever had in your life! Yup, it's a beast, and now you are wearing it, it may as well have been cursed heavily because now you will be all it needs in life, and eventually you will be in the same mindset as it rapes, mutates, and feeds off your bodily juices, transforming you into a carnal creature forced by the armor to try and spread yours and it's seed and juices to try and create more of it, as well as filling your mind with dark, monstrous thoughts. Eventually the host will be nothing more then a squirming, mewling creature of the dark, locked in dark armor forged by unknown hands and wielding weapons created by the creature to kill and incapacitate all that stands before it.

MagicWhiteLady

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Both of you guys have such creative ideas!! =O