What's new

Sprite o Rama

freeko

Banned
Reputation score
Re: Sprite o Rama

It's the proportions throwing it off. The breasts are far too high. which is a common problem with starting artists; while I've done no studies, I believe it has a lot to do with focus put on them as well as their perkiness - which is also why many beginning artists make eyes too large. If the breasts were dropped so that the crease of the pectorals reaching out under the deltoid to the humerus, then the shoulders would look more normal and the torso would appear smaller. The figure could further be improves by making the hips wider - approximately shoulder width since females have wider hips because they have to carry parasites between the illiac crests.

Also, that belly button is too low as well; another common beginner artist mistake which takes far more time to correct than you would think... That, or I'm just retarded.
As an outsider to this, I would agree with Djinbu on some parts of this. Possibly my input may help somewhat in narrowing down the issue. It is of my opinion that the cleavage in the middle is properly placed. However the outside frame of the breasts certainly do go way too far outside the frame of what the anatomy of a female would dictate. They should be rounded off around where the cleavage line is so that they would reconnect to the frame of her torso underneath the shoulders. My suggestion would be to have her breasts go about to where the metallic bra on the insides start to curve upward from where the flat center starts to move into being the strap.

As for the belly button, that is far less of an error in placement than Djinbu would make you think. It should probably be just above the skinniest area of the waist. The arms would fall into place alot easier when you get the breasts under control.

I would further caution you to try to simply fix one thing at a time, as I make the mistake myself of trying to fix everything all at once and end up making it more of a distaster than it originally was.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's the proportions throwing it off. The breasts are far too high. which is a common problem with starting artists; while I've done no studies, I believe it has a lot to do with focus put on them as well as their perkiness - which is also why many beginning artists make eyes too large. If the breasts were dropped so that the crease of the pectorals reaching out under the deltoid to the humerus, then the shoulders would look more normal and the torso would appear smaller. The figure could further be improves by making the hips wider - approximately shoulder width since females have wider hips because they have to carry parasites between the illiac crests.

Also, that belly button is too low as well; another common beginner artist mistake which takes far more time to correct than you would think... That, or I'm just retarded.
That wasn't my point... Hmm, how do I articulate it better.

Okay, how about this; how often do you stand in a pose where your elbows are hidden behind your torso yet part of your hands appear visible next to your legs?

I stood up right now and tried to replicate it, and it was quite uncomfortable and not natural.

OP
Yugifan3

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ichigo from Osawari Island made for Nutaku Bosho.

Yeah i know i said no offical character, but i bent the rule this time so bleh :p

Djinbu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That wasn't my point... Hmm, how do I articulate it better.

Okay, how about this; how often do you stand in a pose where your elbows are hidden behind your torso yet part of your hands appear visible next to your legs?

I stood up right now and tried to replicate it, and it was quite uncomfortable and not natural.

The shoulders and pecks are being hidden by high, massive breasts; you're assuming they're behind her back, but you actually lack the evidence to suggest it's how you see it.