What's new

RPG [Ninetail] Eroge Venus Blood Frontier (Kickstarter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
@ay0lah just saying but if you don't know a game series people usually ask if x is optional, it happens a lot in english original games with h content.

The funny thing about english original games is that most of them are just nukiges with every single sex scene optional. I kind of prefer the japanese ones on that point, not everything should be optional and the main fetishes are the main fetishes, just deal with it :).

Just wanted to add that, that's all. Tried the demo and it pushed me a bit back, I'm having serious doubts about backing it because... it was too easy and the system itself didn't feel good for me, perhaps I didn't truly understand it but we have the attack team and the defense one, from what I have seen it isn't limited to just one and characters gain experience by fighting, the thing is that I couldn't build anything in the demo and... I didn't truly need it, I would like to ask those that played the full game if making buildings is important and if you truly have a challenge, I love strategy games but what I love the most is a good challenge.

nonamesleft

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Understand that you are playing the first "level" of the game. As with most games, that is the easiest part to not punish you too much while you familiarize yourself with the game. Did you try the trial hard? even with knowledge of the game mechanics it can be pretty tricky to beat the trial in 30 turns on that difficulty setting. I would be very surprised and impressed if you could beat the final chapter on hard on the first playthough and there are 11 more difficulties beyond hard that open up after you beat the game once. even with constant grinding to build up what you carry over I can't beat the most difficult setting.

when you say you couldn't build anything, are you talking about new units or buildings on territories?

Last edited:

ay0lah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@ay0lah

Just wanted to add that, that's all. Tried the demo and it pushed me a bit back, I'm having serious doubts about backing it because... it was too easy and the system itself didn't feel good for me, perhaps I didn't truly understand it but we have the attack team and the defense one, from what I have seen it isn't limited to just one and characters gain experience by fighting, the thing is that I couldn't build anything in the demo and... I didn't truly need it, I would like to ask those that played the full game if making buildings is important and if you truly have a challenge, I love strategy games but what I love the most is a good challenge.
Yeah, it was so easy at beginning of the game i know and the building doesn't effect as much at the beginning too... the gampelay only picks-up at after mid game and difficulty spike when you enter law or chaos route (after around 70% story, at the end of the game). I too at the beginning only like H-content and doesn't even care about the gameplay or story, but man i was wrong when i enter law or chaos route with the difficulty spike and smarter enemy... even your best group unit can lose against enemy mob on one by one at hard difficulty ( hard was a middle difficulty from easy, normal, hard, very hard, Nidhogg), and I don't even speedrunning the game only grouping the strongest unit together without strategying my unit and building, well it was my first venus blood game too. So because of frontier, i too play 4 other title after this because it was a good game in my experience.

Last edited:

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Understand that you are playing the first "level" of the game. As with most games, that is the easiest part to not punish you too much while you familiarize yourself with the game. Did you try the trial hard? even with knowledge of the game mechanics it can be pretty tricky to beat the trial in 30 turns on that difficulty setting. I would be very surprised and impressed if you could be the final chapter on hard on the first playthough and there are 11 more difficulties beyond hard that open up after you beat the game once. even with constant grinding to build up what you carry over I can't beat the most difficult setting.

when you say you couldn't build anything, are you talking about new units or buildings on territories?
I'm saying in the english demo that I couldn't build buildings, I don't know why.

And well I'm just asking about the experience from the most experienced players that did play the japanese version, basically if the game becomes much harder, because I truly want a hard fight, I always play strategy games in max difficulty so... well except sengoku rance, that game I didn't even take it as a true strategy game (in the sense of territory development, recruitment... it's kind of a game with just touches of strategy).

Yeah, it was so easy at beginning of the game i know and the building doesn't effect as much at the beginning too... the gampelay only picks-up at after mid game and difficulty spike when you enter law or chaos route (after around 70% story, at the end of the game). I too at the beginning only like H-content and doesn't even care about the gameplay or story, but man i was wrong when i enter law or chaos route with the difficulty spike and smarter enemy... even your best group unit can lose against enemy mob on one by one at hard difficulty ( hard was a middle difficulty from easy, normal, hard, very hard, Nidhogg), and I don't even speedrunning the game only grouping the strongest unit together without strategying my unit and building, well it was my first venus blood game too. So because of frontier, i too play 4 other title after this because it was a good game in my experience.
Ok this is what I wanted to know, thanks.

nonamesleft

Demon Girl
Reputation score
my guess is you were trying to build a building on a type of territory that doesn't allow it, you can watch this video to show how to do it.

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
my guess is you were trying to build a building on a type of territory that doesn't allow it, you can watch this video to show how to do it.

Funny thing but... let's just say that I was clicking the building rather than click and hold over the place I want it built

nonamesleft

Demon Girl
Reputation score
they updated the backer rewards again

Backers now have the option to create a custom sex scene with any female unit in the game, including a unit that the backer themselves creates. A breast pillow was also added for Freyja, the goddess with the largest breasts.

In addition a previous update made it so for every $10,000 raised past $100,000 the money pool for a new scene, cg, unit, and standing portrait will be filled by 10%. This makes at least one fulfillment of the the money pool very likely if the project gets funded. Also makes the tiers to join the pool much more attractive since the voting power of each one in the pool will be greater than if it was filled by other backers normally, and they are all but guaranteed a say in adding something to the game. Additionally acts as a minor de facto stretch goal for all backers, since the results of the backer pool are available to all.

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Colour me surprised that this got funded. I assumed Venus Blood was a relatively niche series :O
The sex genre? yeah, the gameplay genre? not so much, many people love strategy games.

The interesting part is that people can be appealed by many different things, even if you are here for the sex there are multiple scenes without tentacles, even more in the "law route" it seems they are almost non existent and I think that people are starving for some GOOD H-games.

Personally my favourite game is kichikuou rance, followed by sengoku rance and big bang age (this last one would be first if it wasn't because of the annoying event system to power up characters and the very limited time, I love the game but time management? not so much).

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Huh. I wish I opened this thread, Had I done so, I would've dropped some money onto its kickstarter too.

Well, I'll just buy the game once its done.

Last edited:
OP
Seryuu

Seryuu

Reputation score
Huh. I wish I opened this thread, Had I done so, I would've dropped some money onto its kickstarter too.

Well, I'll just buy the game once its done.
You should still do it, 36 hours left and the extra episode stretch goals are worth it.

nonamesleft

Demon Girl
Reputation score
the pre-order store will close in about 6 hours. this is will be the last chance to buy most of the stuff besides the game. and I believe it is a few hindered $ away from unlocking a new stretch goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.