Starlit Works

Supaika

Demon Girl
Jan 8, 2015
Hello, Spica here
(S̶p̶i̶c̶a̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶,̶ Spica wasn't taken but I think it isn't allowed? dunno, so yeh.. 'Supaika'. didn't really think of posting an art thread here when I first made this account but here we are, so yeh. hihi)

would be posting my artworks here from time to time, and maybe would do commissions as well in the future. for now I'll just dump WiPs, sketches, and finished artworks.

to start off:

WiP: Hibari from Sennen Sensou Aigis
Spoiler

WiP: Belinda from Sennen Sensou Aigis
Spoiler

if anyone is interested, here are my other accounts
Facebook
Twitter
Pixiv
buy me coffee? hihihi
Patreon

Last edited:

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 24, 2008
Re: Starlit Works

Spoiler
That's pretty good. I especially like the details on the flower.

May 17, 2012

Wow! Very neat lineart! I can't wait to see some of your finished works! :)
Also welcome, it's nice to see some new artists time by time! ;)

Supaika

Demon Girl
Jan 8, 2015

That's pretty good. I especially like the details on the flower.
Wow! Very neat lineart! I can't wait to see some of your finished works! :)
Also welcome, it's nice to see some new artists time by time! ;)
Thank you for your kind words.
Would not be able to finish them for the time being as I'm doing something for a contest, nevertheless will finish them as soon as I can :)

Reaper875

Demon Girl
Jun 12, 2015

Hello,

would be posting my artworks here from time to time, and maybe would do commissions as well in the future. for now I'll just dump WiPs, sketches, and finished artworks.

to start off:

Spoiler

WiP: Belinda from Sennen Sensou Aigis
Spoiler
Just wanna say. Nice artwork! Damn I wish I had that talent like you do. :)

Sin

Tentacle God
Sep 7, 2013

You are great, hair looks fantastic, I'm keeping watch.
;)

Supaika

Demon Girl
Jan 8, 2015

Just wanna say. Nice artwork! Damn I wish I had that talent like you do. :)
You are great, hair looks fantastic, I'm keeping watch.
;)
Thanks Thanks! :D

anyway here's something I've been working on these days(Hibari and Belinda had to be put on hold to prioritize this)
the difference line weights make haha

Spoiler

Supaika

Demon Girl
Jan 8, 2015

my entry for clipstudio's illustration contest ahha

I'm actually quite surprised myself as well that I colored it the way it did(altho something is still missing, can't put my finger on it)

Thanks to Fujichoko's speedpaints and absurdres pics, helped alot.

Spoiler

Sin

Tentacle God
Sep 7, 2013

Incredible.. how did you do it?

Supaika

Demon Girl
Jan 8, 2015

This tutorial was made using ClipStudio Paint. It doesn't have to be ClipStudio as long as you have a similar tool that was used or you'll be able to make the same outcome with the program that you are using.

Making a draft:
firstly you may want to make a very rough draft, as in very rough, what's important is at the very least you'll make the shape out of it first.
Spoiler

then on to your 2nd draft, still rough but a bit more refined. You may even want to include a rough design for your background if you have one
Spoiler

You can make another draft if that would make doing your lineart easier. You can make as many drafts as you want as long as it's more refined than the previous one.(Sometimes I was planning to make it as a draft but was too refined and I was too lazy so it became my lineart instead(Hibari))
Spoiler

In the 3rd draft, I had many layers, starting off with a naked body, then dressing her completely as I progress.
Multiple layers will help you erase parts of your illustration while not erasing parts that you are already satisfied with(this would also be used heavily in linearting) Once you're done, you can set it with the layer color for easier linearting
Spoiler

Lineart:
I first make a folder that has 3 layers in it. 1 for the 'main' and 2 for reasons that would be explained:
Spoiler

starting off with the 2nd layer, Using the pen tool, I usually stroke curves and straight lines in one fell swoop.
Be it:
Stroke*
undo*
stroke*
undo* until you get that perfect line you want.
after that, I transfer it to the layer below(Main) then would do other parts.
Spoiler

The 3rd layer is for lines that would overlap with what you are currently doing but you still don't want to transfer it to the 'main' layer. You can erase them individually at transfer it later if you're satisfied.
Spoiler

A lot of layers would be made in the process and not just 3. As long as it helps you manage those lines.(Since you still want to do that detail eventhough it won't be seen in the final output, example: Arms, folds, breasts(subjectively) etc)
Spoiler

Accessories Draft is as the name implies, it's a draft for the accessories and would not be seen in the final output. Since I planned to do it with no lines and detail it as I color it.(Will provide an example when coloring it)
Spoiler

After a lot of strokes and undos, We have our lineart.
I usually duplicate that folder(all layers not combined yet) and edit the duplicate for combining(erasing parts that are covered, etc)
Spoiler

I usually do the lineweights after my lineart but if you can do the lineweights along with the lineart, that would be better:
Spoiler

Would continue other parts soon:
would be:
BaseColoring + Coloring
Background
Enhancements

Please do ask if there's something that isn't clear as this is the 1st time I've made a guide

Last edited:

Supaika

Demon Girl
Jan 8, 2015

updated with the making the draft and the lineart.
would continue the other parts some other time.

Sin

Tentacle God
Sep 7, 2013

Wow, it's cool to see how you put it all together, thanks for sharing.

Any tips on foreshortening?

Supaika

Demon Girl
Jan 8, 2015

Wow, it's cool to see how you put it all together, thanks for sharing.

Any tips on foreshortening?
sorry for late reply, still preparing for the other parts.

Mmmmm foreshortening, I guess it depends on how close it is from where it's viewed at? try experimenting on how exaggerated you want it to be while still maintaining proper proportions?

Can't really say much about it because I don't have much experience in it,
though when doing it..(prolly you've heard this a lot of times) is I just 'feel' it?

I mean, when in drafts, it kinda 'feels' right, then when linearting it 'feels' off so corrections are in order(a lot), even when coloring it.

on practicing it tho, you might want to watch this
I like the method he conveyed there and his usage of references.

hope it helps

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Mar 25, 2014

Choosing what you want to express usually dictates your result with foreshortening. With clean line art, I don't recommend thinking too hard on what's too big or too small (since you're better off deciding from the sketch draft). It's also important to know what vertical angle your perspective is. For reference, bird's eye view for cleavage shots and worm's eye view for pantie shots.

I try to practice more worm's eye view, and it makes sense in H-artworks if you ever start making em'.

Spoiler

Supaika

Demon Girl
Jan 8, 2015

Would put my guide to coloring on hold ti'll I finally adapted to the style I'm currently studying.
My recent practices:
Spoiler

Linearts are quite dirty.

and TBH, I've just recently learned the basics of perspective and want to try it out(1st pic)

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Aug 29, 2016

sorry for late reply, still preparing for the other parts.

Mmmmm foreshortening, I guess it depends on how close it is from where it's viewed at? try experimenting on how exaggerated you want it to be while still maintaining proper proportions?

Can't really say much about it because I don't have much experience in it,
though when doing it..(prolly you've heard this a lot of times) is I just 'feel' it?

I mean, when in drafts, it kinda 'feels' right, then when linearting it 'feels' off so corrections are in order(a lot), even when coloring it.

on practicing it tho, you might want to watch this
I like the method he conveyed there and his usage of references.

hope it helps
That video and general talk here... Well, it may not be super related but...
I am a person that needs to have everything in order, so rough sketches are my worst nightmare as those look far from what end result should. Redoing until it pretty much goes to rough lineart...
"Just roll with it" is what I was missing and tbh, I am looking at much better initial starts than before. Going all chaotic... who would have thought... Well, not me as I hate that :p

So yeah, that actually helped a lot.
Though... I am still kinda fighting my brain to stop correcting everything that doesn't feel like complete lineart, so I may need time to adjust my mindset.

Supaika

Demon Girl
Jan 8, 2015

random things I'm working on.
mostly to get used to coloring
Spoiler

aaa.. and also, if you'd like to commission, send me a pm.
I'm trying it out so I'll only accept one for now,(and female only for now)
if anyone is interested hihi

Last edited:

Supaika

Demon Girl
Jan 8, 2015

Things happened this past week and I wasn't able to draw for that.
Getting back to it aaaaaand testing of recording my process:

Making Draft

result:
Spoiler

edit:

some update, won't bump this thread till I finish this,
for Clip Studio's contest again:

Spoiler

Last edited:

ragin

Jungle Girl
Jan 7, 2010